What's new

India ''protests'' to Beijing on Sino-Pak corridor

Indus Falcon

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Monday, May 19, 2014 - New Delhi—India has voiced its concern to China over its plan to build a multi-billion-dollar economic corridor to Pakistan through Azad Kashmir, even as it assured Beijing of its commitment to consolidate strategic bilateral ties.

“We have raised this issue and raised our concerns not (only) this time, we have made them known earlier. They have noted our concerns,” foreign secretary Su-jatha Singh told reporters here after holding the sixth round of strategic dialogue with her Chinese counterpart vice-foreign minister Liu Zhenmin.

The talks were held as the long-running Lok Sabha elections, hailed as the world’s biggest democratic exercise, got underway in India that will form a new government at the Centre. Asked whether the issue figured in the talks, she said it was raised this time too, reported PTI. The corridor connecting China’s Xinjiang with Pakistan’s Gwadar Port with rail and road links raised concerns in India as it is being built through Azad Kashmir.

China argues that it would help redress the backwardness of the region. The two sides held most cordial discussions enhancing the scope of the relations which in recent years showed steadfast increase.

On the border dispute, Ms Singh said it figured but at the same elaborated that the issue is being discussed in detail by the special representatives who have held 17 rounds of talks.

Ms Singh, in her opening remarks, said, “My visit here today is to reiterate to the government of China that the government of India attaches the highest priority to India’s relations with China.”—KW

India protests to Beijing on Sino-Pak corridor

Old news.India already protested several times as this projects involves P...O....K,a disputed territory.

I don't understand indian mentality!

You are protesting to a guy who is going to invest Billions, don't you think he has done his homework and was expecting your response?

He has in the past gifted hardware/ammo by the ton, is he going to give a rat's a$$ (pardon my french) as to what you think?

Why open your mouth (with a feeble protest) and make a joke of yourself?

Old news.India already protested several times as this projects involves P...O....K,a disputed territory.
I don't understand indian mentality!

You are protesting to a guy who is going to invest Billions, don't you think he has done his homework and was expecting your response?

He has in the past gifted hardware/ammo by the ton, is he going to give a rat's a$$ (pardon my french) as to what you think?

Why open your mouth (with a feeble protest) and make a joke of yourself?

because no one else listen to them in this regard...they once went to UN and we all know what happened

Azad Kashmir is disputed as well as Indian Occupied Kashmir. :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) why have double standards on a disputed territory

And the funny thing is that they can`t go to UN or anyone else for that as their favorite Simla Agreement says that issues can be resolved bilaterally only and no third party can be involved unless both India and Pakistan agree on it :lol:

Back
Top Bottom