What's new

India picks Israel's Spike anti-tank missile over U.S. Javelin: source

Finally it is emerging that the order for 8,000-odd SPIKE missiles was only for the Special Forces units, not for the
infantry, which will still procure some 37,000+ units of the FGM-148 Javelin. It's also been revealed that the version
of SPIKE being bought is the short-range Spike-SR variant.

Err....what? Did we discuss Spike & Javelin?

It was about the "deal being discussed as part of a broader push to deepen defense industry ties with India", which shows that there was the intention to use defence deals to deepen the ties and yes we discussed that too, but not particularly about which missile, but about the PM's personal quest to get the US into defence joint developments, which is what the US basically offered with the NG Javelin ATGM. So he had that on the agenda, they were ready to offer us something in that regard, now basically confirmed as a key to deepen Indo-US relations and still nothing came out of it during the visit and now we even rejected the US missiles. If that doesn't show you something about the defence related / political outcome of the US visit, then I don't know what else.

Finally it is emerging that the order for 8,000-odd SPIKE missiles was only for the Special Forces units, not for the
infantry, which will still procure some 37,000+ units of the FGM-148 Javelin. It's also been revealed that the version
of SPIKE being bought is the short-range Spike-SR variant.
DRDO is developing a man portable version of nag, This contract will bring all required technologies .Thus remaining 30000+ units will be fully Indian replacing second generation Milan .

DRDO is developing a man portable version of nag, This contract will bring all required technologies .Thus remaining 30000+ units will be fully Indian replacing second generation Milan .

The manportable Nag is no longer in development - only the SAMHO is being developed.

The Javelin procurement is a given to replace the Milan-2 and Milan-2T.

They should seriously stop mentioning China in the same breath. That country is too damn rich and too damn self-reliant in defense.

India is a knowledge and spiritual superpower. India has the brains and the money to accomplish anything. Only leadership was lacking before.

Modi-ji is visionary and strong leader. Under his guidance, India will be a superpower by 2020!

The manportable Nag is no longer in development - only the SAMHO is being developed.

Any source for that? Samho is not an equivalent to NAG, so that would be surprising, I would rather say they will use the SPIKE deal to improve NAG.

No,last month saurav jha tweeted it is under development.
If we are going to import huge number of these missiles ,what is the need of ToT?!
Going for another missile like javelin for next order sounds further insane.
Please don't blindly believe Trishul blog articles.

Capture.PNG

It was about the "deal being discussed as part of a broader push to deepen defense industry ties with India", which shows that there was the intention to use defence deals to deepen the ties and yes we discussed that too, but not particularly about which missile, but about the PM's personal quest to get the US into defence joint developments, which is what the US basically offered with the NG Javelin ATGM. So he had that on the agenda, they were ready to offer us something in that regard, now basically confirmed as a key to deepen Indo-US relations and still nothing came out of it during the visit and now we even rejected the US missiles. If that doesn't show you something about the defence related / political outcome of the US visit, then I don't know what else.

It never is all about any single deal, is it? My point has always been that we need to wait a bit to get a better read of what's happening. (btw, I saw that you too read an article that has a slightly different take-not sure how accurate, on this deal. TRISHUL: New Force Accretions Are Welcome, But There's More On The Waiting List-2)

India is a knowledge and spiritual superpower. India has the brains and the money to accomplish anything. Only leadership was lacking before.

Modi-ji is visionary and strong leader. Under his guidance, India will be a superpower by 2020!

:D SPAM RETURNS :D

My point has always been that we need to wait a bit to get a better read of what's happening.

And we did now haven't we? No improving the ToT / joint development relations with the US => result rejection of the US missile.

(btw, I saw that you too read an article that has a slightly different take-not sure how accurate, on this deal. TRISHUL: New Force Accretions Are Welcome, But There's More On The Waiting List-2)

Yes, I rushed over it, but as anything from that source, I'll take it with caution. The specboards or brochure pics he provides are always very interesting and highly informative, but the conclusions he draw are often pure speculation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom