What's new

India - ‘Pakistan Zindabad’ slogan at India Gate lands woman in Jail.

Champ, you are preaching to the choir.

Not much point.

Go look for the Sanghis. In spite of his posing in martial arts poses, @Nilgiri really isn't a Sanghi. He does it for the camouflage.

BTW, she was detained for disrupting the parade rehearsal, not for what she shouted, egregious though it was at the time and the place.
I would've tagged more Indian members for some serious responses...but I don't know any non troll ones that can set aside chest thumping nationalism and debate objectively besides u and Nilgiri. If u know any plz tag them.

I would've tagged more Indian members for some serious responses...but I don't know any non troll ones that can set aside chest thumping nationalism and debate objectively besides u and Nilgiri. If u know any plz tag them.

Jeez, no, it's 3:20 in the morning, don't give me classwork to do!

But I thought you'd want to irritate the Sanghis, not confront the liberals and the conservatives mistaken for Sanghis. This is embarrassing news for the liberals and the conservatives, even though the poor woman was quite clearly non compos mentis.

Actually, there're dozens of non-trolls. Wait, not this time, but for the future, let me compile a list.

Pakistani flags going up all over india.

This is just the beginning. More Pakistans to carved out of india in the near future. 8-)

Last edited:
Jeez, no, it's 3:20 in the morning, don't give me classwork to do!

But I thought you'd want to irritate the Sanghis, not confront the liberals and the conservatives mistaken for Sanghis. This is embarrassing news for the liberals and the conservatives, even though the poor woman was quite clearly non compos mentis.

Actually, there're dozens of non-trolls. Wait, not this time, but for the future, let me compile a list.
lol it's 3:20am for u...I'm on the other side of the globe pal...
also...
*whispers*
"sorry to bother u this late at night"

lol it's 3:20am for u...I'm on the other side of the globe pal...
also...
*whispers*
"sorry to bother u this late at night"
Just goes to show ya, the hatred and fear of Pakistan keeps indians awake at nights...:lol:

which btw is harmless to say and should be allowed as per her right to free speech.

Only one country in this world recognizes inalienable right to free speech in its constitution (i.e pre-existing to formation of govt)....that too right in its 1st amendment.

That is the one you are living in.

Only one country in this world recognizes inalienable right to free speech in its constitution (i.e pre-existing to formation of govt)....that too right in its 1st amendment.

That is the one you are living in.
India has the right to free speech in its constitution as well.

The Constitution of India provides the right of freedom, given in articles 67, 45, 87 and 92 with the view of guaranteeing individual rights that were considered vital by the framers of the constitution. The right to freedom in Article 19 guarantees the freedom of speech and expression, as one of its six freedoms.[1]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_expression_in_India

It just so happened to be that the US constitution was written(with the right to free speech included) before US became an independent country. In case of India the constitution came later. However the end result should be the same if the constitution is to be followed.

The Fundamental Rights are not absolute and are subject to reasonable restrictions as necessary for the protection of public interest in India.
Want to throw something at soldiers and National monuments along with stupid jihadi slogans ? you are better off in jail otherwise people of Delhi anyway have a bad reputation of not being tolerant.

India has the right to free speech in its constitution as well.

The Constitution of India provides the right of freedom, given in articles 67, 45, 87 and 92 with the view of guaranteeing individual rights that were considered vital by the framers of the constitution. The right to freedom in Article 19 guarantees the freedom of speech and expression, as one of its six freedoms.[1]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_expression_in_India

It just so happened to be that the US constitution was written(with the right to free speech included) before US became an independent country. In case of India the constitution came later. However the end result should be the same if the constitution is to be followed.

Its not a paramount level like the US (which stipulates quite clearly, further laws cannot* be made to curtail it)....in fact nowhere near in any other country. In the US it is held sacrosanct (and is enforced in the end by their supreme court)...whereas in every other claims-to-be-democracy (Europe, Canada, India what have you)....there is no such stipulation against making further laws to curtail it in some "greater good" way. This is key thing, because its already happened in the UK, Europe and Canada....things that would be impossible to curtail in the US because of its 1st amendment...and stare decisis of common law as well.

I am talking by the way, only about free speech. Freedom of expression in the US is not a guaranteed inalienable right...because it is a much larger sphere of action compared to speech (in fact the only exceptions in the US regarding free speech is when they cross over to include clearly tort-based expression...e.g yelling fire in a crowded theater kind of thing).

*It is also a key thing why the US constitution was written in the way it was...to specify clearly what the govt CANNOT do rather than what it can do (like is the default tone of every country that is not the US).

@VCheng

The Fundamental Rights are not absolute and are subject to reasonable restrictions as necessary for the protection of public interest in India.

Thank you for eloquently proving my point! @Joe Shearer

test tagging @Thəorətic Muslim ...cool it worked!

Its not a paramount level like the US (which stipulates quite clearly, further laws cannot* be made to curtail it)....in fact nowhere near in any other country. In the US it is held sacrosanct (and is enforced in the end by their supreme court)...whereas in every other claims-to-be-democracy (Europe, Canada, India what have you)....there is no such stipulation against making further laws to curtail it in some "greater good" way. This is key thing, because its already happened in the UK, Europe and Canada....things that would be impossible to curtail in the US because of its 1st amendment...and stare decisis of common law as well.

I am talking by the way, only about free speech. Freedom of expression in the US is not a guaranteed inalienable right...because it is a much larger sphere of action compared to speech (in fact the only exceptions in the US regarding free speech is when they cross over to include clearly tort-based expression...e.g yelling fire in a crowded theater kind of thing).

*It is also a key thing why the US constitution was written in the way it was...to specify clearly what the govt CANNOT do rather than what it can do (like is the default tone of every country that is not the US).

@VCheng

I am slowly, reluctantly coming around to your point as being valid and overwhelming.

@VCheng

Actually I think what u r talking about is the public response I guess...regarding these rights. In US the mentality is that ppl hold on to their constitutional rights VERY STRONGLY. Anything that might potentially change these draws a massive backlash. The biggest example of this is the right to bear arms, which has been talked about a lot in recent years since the mass shootings have been on the rise.

As far as the right to free speech goes...it exists in many constitutions around the world and has also been curtailed(boundaries drawn) in many of those countries. This includes the US...there was a famous court case(I can't recall the name at this moment), where the judge ruled(I'm paraphrasing) that u cannot yell "fire" in a crowded theater(since it would cause panic and possibly injuries). So I disagree as far as US being some special case where free speech cannot be curtailed and is held paramount. I also disagree that other countries and their courts don't uphold it as much as the US(though each case is different). The only difference is that the public in US strongly holds on to(and exercises) their constitutional rights more so than in any other country.
Want to throw something at soldiers and National monuments along with stupid jihadi slogans ? you are better off in jail otherwise people of Delhi anyway have a bad reputation of not being tolerant.
Right...that's fair. In fact in every country that is the case. However yelling "Pakistan Zindabad" is hardly harmful to anyone. In fact if the tables were flipped and Pakistan arrested a person for yelling "Hindustan Zindabad" I would consider it an overstepping of the government to take such actions.

This includes the US...there was a famous court case(I can't recall the name at this moment), where the judge ruled(I'm paraphrasing) that u cannot yell "fire" in a crowded theater(since it would cause panic and possibly injuries).

Already mentioned that in my previous reply. Actually it has been a few cases. They have been ruled on the basis that a clear call to tort-based action (given its tort consequences) crosses over to the realm of expression rather than mere speech.

You simply cannot make pre-emptive laws in the US that curtail free speech (expression is different and can be delineated by tort and other means).

No other constitution in the world says a government CANNOT do something....the wording is always fundamentally additive, not subtractive....the rights end up being negative and positive respectively in their inherent inalienable nature.

For example, in any other country, the govt simply needs to have enough votes to pass legislation that restricts free speech pre-emptively (I have brought this up before with @Joe Shearer regarding the story of "Minority Report")....it is a consensus thing in the end....it has already happened and is continuing to happen (example being numerous cases of what "harmful" speech should be illegal and prevented from ever happening...and this is not tort expression stuff like yelling fire in a crowded theater etc.).

The US is the only one that has stipulated, no matter what the consensus is in the govt of the day....people have fundamental rights that can never be taken away from them...period. Because those people had those rights before the govt came into existence...they were invested by an all together different (and arguably higher) authority.

You would need to read deeply into the works of Locke, Burke (both somewhat ironically not from the US themselves but from the colonial power that was rebelled against) and all the federalist papers (esp the debates on federalism vs non-federalism) to get why the US is a special case regarding this.

The very way the Magna Carta was merely "devolved" from imperial "god given" might and right (at essentially the imperial forces fancying/claiming them being the representation of the godhead morality on "thy kingdom come"), left a very sticky foul taste in a lot (in fact most) of the American founding fathers mouths...because they saw (firsthand) how it had built up in their case to excessive, quite unrestricted and unbounded tyranny.

Thus even before they could finally liberate themselves from its clutches....they went right to the root of the issue and how to expunge that from ever happening again as best they could (if you see what is actually required now to remove a US amendment without a complete revolution/rejection/refounding process)....by founding the rights on something far beyond the reach of men. This is why the US constitution in the end, specifies what the govt can never be able to do. No other constitution before or after it was written in this specific way.

@VCheng @Hamartia Antidote @KAL-EL @RabzonKhan @Desert Fox @jhungary @AgNoStiC MuSliM @Vibrio @LeGenD @gambit @GeraltofRivia @Atlas @bluesky @Skies @Signalian @The Sandman

@Indus Pakistan asked me once what was the difference between the two large cousin-countries of North America "ideologically" (given how similar they seem to be on the surface on many things)....well here it is in greater detail....but still somewhat of a nutshell (this is an extremely long topic to get into).

Islamic republic has no right to say anything about any democratic country...
Try to implement it first then say anything

At least we claim what we are unlike some hypocrisy who fake fully advertises itself as democracy.

How its even hypocritic. Try throwing a slipper in a war memorial place or 9/11 memorial place in US and cry Queda Zindabad. Let me know if you will be ever arrested.

What a nonsense post.:tdown:

I've seen multiple people posting the flags of China and/or Russia on their cars, never any trooper or Police harass them.

Back
Top Bottom