What's new

India & Pakistan - A data-based comparison (Part 1 of 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanga Tarzan

Reaction score
Country
India
Being a Machine Learning enthusiast, I thought it would be fun to compare India and Pakistan based on factual data. These graphs are based on the data provided by World Bank. A couple of notes:
  1. Due to disparity between India and Pakistan in terms of geographical size and population, the absolute numbers do not matter; what matters is the trendline.
  2. I have tried to use 'per capita' or 'per unit' data wherever available.
  3. India is orange and Pakistan is green. The labels at the top of each graph denote what the data is about.
So, in no particular order:

1. GDP
01 GDP.png
2. Agriculture GDP: The biggest reason for India's per-capita GDP being so low is that 50% of Indian population is engaged in agriculture but this sector contributes only 17% to the GDP. This ratio is much better for Pakistan.
Agriculture-GDP.png

3. Arms import and export
ArmsImportExport.png

4. Armed forces Strength
ArmyStrength.png

5. Birth/Death Rate
BirthDeathRate.png

6. Doctors and nurses. Notice the lack of nurses and midwives in Pakistan which contributes to infant mortality (shown in a separate graph).
Doctors.png

7. Exports
Exports.png

8. Health Expenditure
HealthExpenditure.png

Due to the limitation of 8 images per thread, I'll post the remaining graphs in a separate thread

No need of comparison with Pakistan if you want to grow compare with China ....other wise living in self glory is always harmful for future growth

No need of comparison with Pakistan if you want to grow compare with China ....other wise living in self glory is always harmful for future growth
True. I'll post comparison with China also. This post was used more as a means to learn matplotlib plotting :-)

Also, there is no self-glory here as Pakistan is actually better in many areas on a per-capita basis.

Also, there is no self-glory here as Pakistan is actually better in many areas on a per-capita basis.
More power to you mate unlike the retard rat above who talks of "glory". As you state there is not much to gloat on either side of the border. In some areas Pakistan is ahead. Even where India is ahead for example per capita income that only has happened in this decade. 2000s both are about same. Since 2010 India has taken lead but then for 4 decades before 2000 Pakistan was in lead.

Over 50 years 5 year lead should not be used to self gratify with "glory". Anyway keep up the goodwork and don't forget absolute comparison is useless as India is nearly 7 times more populous. Therefore only weighted measurements are going to make sense like per capita.

Over 50 years 5 year lead should not be used to self gratify with "glory". Anyway keep up the goodwork and don't forget absolute comparison is useless as India is nearly 7 times more populous. Therefore only weighted measurements are going to make sense like per capita.

Exactly. That was the reason I emphasized on the trendlines and not the absolute numbers.

Thanks for you encouragement.

Pointless self fellatio thread. As if there literally was no other need for social existence in life than to make an ID on a Pakistani forum and then post misleading and pointless inforgraphics on two countries with VASTLY different populations and sizes along with a completely different history in terms of socio-economic policies.

CLOSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom