What's new

India-Pak war after 26/11 seemed close: PAF chief

Rajkumar

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
slamabad: Pakistan had put its air force on high alert and planned "offensive operations" against India if it launched military strikes on its territory after the terrorist attacks in Mumbai last November, a top military officer has said.

Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman, new chief of Pakistan Air Force (PAF), says the possibility of India launching surgical strikes was "about to cross the threshold".

"When the surgical strike threat was about to cross the threshold, I devised an air strategy plan and unfolded it to Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed (who was PAF chief then) and within four-five hours, the whole PAF was on red alert status and present everywhere to defend and launch offensive operations," a statement issued by PAF quoted Suleman as saying.

Suleman claimed the PAF "played a vital role in averting an imminent war" after the Mumbai attacks. The press statement says Suleman said this while visiting Sargodha airbase in Pakistan’s Punjab province.

Suleman told pilots to maintain the highest level of standards for various aspects of air operations. He said the top-most priority of his vision for the force "will remain operational preparedness of the PAF".

"Today, the PAF is passing through a transit phase. We will be handling and operating old and new weapon systems of various capabilities (and) you are required to maintain these assets for their optimum performance," he said.

India-Pak war after 26/11 seemed close: PAF chief

i doubt this new air chief abilities, look he said i did the strategi instead of saying we did it,:tsk:

This is kinda strange, the self congratulatory lines does not looks good, must have been avoided

"When the surgical strike threat was about to cross the threshold, I devised an air strategy plan and unfolded it to Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed (who was PAF chief then) and within four-five hours, the whole PAF was on red alert status and present everywhere to defend and launch offensive operations,"

It might be misdirection. He obviously knows that one man planning the whole thing is not possible. Maybe he is trying to suggest that the Indians caught us off guard to encourage their complacency, thinking we lacked thorough contingency planning. There is little Pakistani or Indian officers do other than plan for the big day.

Back
Top Bottom