What's new

India: Pak Rail team arrives today to buy engines

Railway engine will create a multiplier effect on economy.

Engines should not be sold to Pakistan. :no:

If Indian government want to sell them ..
then care must be applied to attach a MicroChip to track the movement of Pakistan Railways.:D

If those engines can perform in indian condition then they can run in pakistan tracks .. Just export them .. But never export it to bangladesh .. They will start to run their conspiracy trains without track ..

@ Mech: Another brain storming: Do you think India as an aggressor in any future war with Pakistan. If not then your strategic depth thingy doesn't stand the waters.

P.S: I am all for good relationship with Pakistan but there are many other things we can trade and negotiate with Pakistan for sake of CBMs but a good thought must be given when providing them with rail engines which during war and pre-war (impending surprise attack) time can help them move heavy armour and supplies though all the stretch of their eastern borders.

When InA and InN is trying to stretch PA more, our civilians must not let the same replenish fast.

They can and they will improve their railway in near future/very soon with or without India helping but I wouldn't like helping Pakistan improve their transportation infrastructure which may be used against us; given security quagmire we both live in.

Just my thoughts.

Yeah, I think i see your point. Valid.

I think its not a good idea to give Pakistan the railway locomotives when Indian railways is itself facing shortage of these locos. The supply is not able to meet the present demand and demand is only going to rise in the future. ...

Even if India decides to give pak railways the locos, they should not agree for leasing them, but instead insist on outright sale.

Manufacturing capacity should be increased.

I agree outright sale is better. Otherwise we'll have to bear the cost if the engines may get damaged for want of proper maintenance.

Our Goverment is going to buy teen number ka maal,while using funds for ek number ka rates, and pocket the difference. Zardari has sold the country.

Of course since we have a corrupt railway minister Bilour who has eaten all the funds designated to railway this is bound to happen.

Now we are going to India for engines. I heard last time that the Chinese engines didn't work for us. What brilliant quality engines are the Indians going to give us now.

Only German engines will work for our trains and they have proven in the past to be capable of hauling our trains long distances WITHOUT breaking down. Every Chinese engine we managed to use has broken down. India has no better quality engines.

Our government is retarded. They have no planning, they aren't even thinking about the future the long run. How long are these engines going to run before they give away. 1 year? 2 years?

No forward thinking, utter corruption... where has our country come to.

how a engine which works in India will not work in Pakistan.

Sell the engines dont rent them.

Pakistanis complaining about Indian engines should read about the mammoth operations of Indian railways running several thousands or even more of passenger and other trains daily. I think they should atleast visit wikipedia to read.

We baniyas should take advantage of the situation and make as much profit we can..
Take 2.8 instead of 2.4 million. And force them to buy those engine, giving on lease will be full of risk..

Of course since we have a corrupt railway minister Bilour who has eaten all the funds designated to railway this is bound to happen.

Now we are going to India for engines. I heard last time that the Chinese engines didn't work for us. What brilliant quality engines are the Indians going to give us now.

Only German engines will work for our trains and they have proven in the past to be capable of hauling our trains long distances WITHOUT breaking down. Every Chinese engine we managed to use has broken down. India has no better quality engines.

Our government is retarded. They have no planning, they aren't even thinking about the future the long run. How long are these engines going to run before they give away. 1 year? 2 years?

No forward thinking, utter corruption... where has our country come to.
Please....How many incidents of engine breakdown do you hear in the Indian Railways in a year??
Barely one or two...
And given the present state of affairs of the Pakistan economy I doubt you'll be able to buy German engines...heck, you are planning to lease Indian ones!!!

Railway engine will create a multiplier effect on economy.

Engines should not be sold to Pakistan. :no:

If Indian government want to sell them ..
then care must be applied to attach a MicroChip to track the movement of Pakistan Railways.:D
Waise idea bura nahi hai..
Me to kehta hu, Sonia aur Rahul ko pakistan me jake roj investigate karna chahiye..

Nope, we are not; we are going to give on lease probably.....Cause you can't presently afford "teen number ka maal";)

I guess If they are crappy we will stop paying and send them back. :wave:

I guess If they are crappy we will stop paying and send them back. :wave:
What are you going to go for then?? Bullock Carts??
please post sensibly......Locomotives do not come with a cutomer satisfaction garuntee.....
You are turning to India because we have the best bang-for-buck locomotives you can get anywhere...considering that I don't think you'll be able to afford the prices of any other country after returning Indian ones....

Back
Top Bottom