What's new

India overtakes Japan to become the world's third largest internet populati

We have crossed China long back; their highly restricted network hardly qualifies as internet, at best that is intranet with some exceptions!! :D

We Chinese cannot compete with Indian Bragging and Smear power, you guys are just too powerful. Please dont mention China and India together, its just embarrassing.

We Chinese cannot compete with Indian Bragging and Smear power, you guys are just too powerful. Please dont mention China and India together, its just embarrassing.

Why don't you ask those guys from Google? :)

And we are just trying to catch-up with China in smear power, check this thread only; who started it?

Why don't you ask those guys from Google? :)

And we are just trying to catch-up with China in smear power, check this thread only; who started it?

AFAIK google is still in China and it was smart move by China to make google's life hard there with regard to the recent NSA scandals. There are many voices in the EU that we should also start our own search engine to prevent US snooping EU citizens.

Going through the article, despite calling itself an IT super power, practically all social network platforms in India are dominated by the US.

Götterdämmerung;4677654 said:
AFAIK google is still in China and it was smart move by China to make google's life hard there with regard to the recent NSA scandals. There are many voices in the EU that we should also start our own search engine to prevent US snooping EU citizens.

Going through the article, despite calling itself an IT super power, practically all social network platforms in India are dominated by the US.

Totally agree. It was very smart to restrict Google and block Facebook, Twitter and Youtube to nurture our domestic counterparts. Now we have Sina weibo, Renren, QQ, tudou etc that are flourishing. Alibaba's Taobao is the largest online shopping site. I cannot imagine if those American firms captured the huge Chinese market while our internet companies were in infancy, not only economically, but politically.

On second thought, I think foreign companies might have hard time penetrating into Chinese market since Amazon failed miserably due to localization problem and English ability in general population. Even without restriction, Youtube Facebook Twitter wont gain popularity in China. Even in gaming, there are now two separate worlds, Chinese market and rest of the world. I guess lack of English ability sometimes is a bless for domestic companies. :P

Totally agree. It was very smart to restrict Google and block Facebook, Twitter and Youtube to nurture our domestic counterparts. Now we have Sina weibo, Renren, QQ, tudou etc that are flourishing. Alibaba's Taobao is the largest online shopping site. I cannot imagine if those American firms captured the huge Chinese market while our internet companies were in infancy, not only economically, but politically.

On second thought, I think foreign companies might have hard time penetrating into Chinese market since Amazon failed miserably due to localization problem and English ability in general population. Even without restriction, Youtube Facebook Twitter wont gain popularity in China. Even in gaming, there are now two separate worlds, Chinese market and rest of the world. I guess lack of English ability sometimes is a bless for domestic companies. :P

WaltMart ran away and now we are making Amazon's life really hard ... with our trade unions. ;)

Definitely Japan has more convenient and fast access to Internet. Population is not a good measure.

Japan internet speed: 75m per sec, maybe the highest in the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are one Mitt Romney type American constantly fed on Fox news propaganda, totally dissociated with the rest 47% of Americans. Mitt Romney lost the elections, you will lose life ( you may have already). You are not even ready to accept US bureau of justice stats on rapes in US.

NO

I'm not ready to accept that unbelievably idiotic study you posted, which was NOT from the US State Department. Only American figures were from the State Department.

If you actually think that Indians are 17x less certain to rape someone than an American, I've got a bridge near the Ganges I'd like to sell you.

And apparently the British are also approx. 20x more likely to rape than the pacifist Indians. Unbelievably stupid on your part.

NO

I'm not ready to accept that unbelievably idiotic study you posted, which was NOT from the US State Department. Only American figures were from the State Department.

If you actually think that Indians are 17x less certain to rape someone than an American, I've got a bridge near the Ganges I'd like to sell you.

And apparently the British are also approx. 20x more likely to rape than the pacifist Indians. Unbelievably stupidity on your part.

As said earlier, too much Fox news. Denials just like Romney.

Mitt Romney's Incredible 47-Percent Denial: "Actually, I Didn't Say That" | Mother Jones

You can look up on state dept rape stats. And yes, curse them too for speaking the truth. You can be sure you will have lot of chinese fan following :omghaha: :wave:

India only reports 1/30-40 of their rapes. And they are actually proud that they come so low on rape charts because of that. Wow. Just wow.

Back
Top Bottom