What's new

India must prepare for a tsunami of coronavirus cases

Areesh

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Dr Ramanan Laxminarayan, director of the Center for Disease Dynamics, Economics and Policy has warned that India could soon be dealing with a "tsunami" of coronavirus cases.

Speaking to the BBC's Rajini Vaidyanthan in Delhi, Dr Laxminarayan said that if the same mathematical models applied in the US or UK were applied to India, the country could be dealing with about 300 million cases, of which about four to five million could be severe. India has already implemented a series of wide-ranging measures to slow the spread of the virus.

Official figures show the country has 149 active cases, but many public health experts worry that the country has conducted far too few tests.

Yes, we have conducted few tests. However, if there was large community wide transmission taking place with tens of thousands of undiagnosed cases, we would see a much larger number of deaths. For now that doesn't seem to be the case. We have seen 4 deaths till now, with official case count of 200. That very much seems in line with the death rate of the virus(2-3%). Now if we observe an abnormal number of pneumonia/flu related deaths in the next 1-2 weeks, that would be evidence that a lot of cases are undiagnosed.

Yes, we have conducted few tests. However, if there was large community wide transmission taking place with tens of thousands of undiagnosed cases, we would see a much larger number of deaths. For now that doesn't seem to be the case. We have seen 4 deaths till now, with official case count of 200. That very much seems in line with the death rate of the virus(2-3%). Now if we observe an abnormal number of pneumonia/flu related deaths in the next 1-2 weeks, that would be evidence that a lot of cases are undiagnosed.
Could have been diagnosed as hunger death or diarrhea deaths..

INDIA ONLY DOES 80 TEST A DAY. lol

Around 26000 Indians will travel back to India from Middle east countries within 2 weeks...

All will go to quarantine at home and some in government buildings

Could have been diagnosed as hunger death or diarrhea deaths..

INDIA ONLY DOES 80 TEST A DAY. lol

Rather die of hunger than eat bat or civet or pangolin :lol:. In any case, we have a birth rate twice that of China. 1 old man will die, 2 born in his place. Even if 1 million die, they will be replaced in no time at all.

Last edited:
Looks like Gomutra and gogobar isnt working for Indians..

89472254_3103039559718373_5645810862225620992_o.jpg

we have bats forest near our village. Just n case you are hungry

Now worries mate... We have a sewage. Plant near ours in case you are hungry. Lol

Rather die of hunger than eat bat or civet or pangolin :lol:. In any case, we have a birth rate twice that of China. 1 old man will die, 2 born in his place. Even if 1 million die, they will be replaced in no time at all.
But you rather eat corpses and dung? Lol. I guess you are using culling to reduce population eh?

Yah of course. Did you sweep the deaths registered as "old age", "respiratory failure" and "pneumonia" which are actually undiagnosed covid under some magic carpet? Modi is completely clueless. Good luck to India.

we have bats forest near our village. Just n case you are hungry

Trump trolling them hard. :lol: Ever since they blamed Us military
Yah of course. Did you sweep the deaths registered as "old age", "respiratory failure" and "pneumonia" which are actually undiagnosed covid under some magic carpet? Modi is completely clueless. Good luck to India.

We can level accusations all day. You have no proof we are sweeping deaths, I have no proof you are sweeping deaths. I could pick a number out of my *** and claim your real COVID count is 40,000 and 400 have died, but that would just be trolling. I can say this though, thousands of Pakistanis come to India every year for treatment, not the other way around, so i can confidently say our medical situation is far far better than yours.

Back
Top Bottom