What's new

India must begin acting like close partner and ally: McCain

dadeechi

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
India must begin acting like close partner and ally: McCain

A top American Senator today said India must begin acting like a close partner and ally of the US, noting that despite the growing closeness, "frustration" continues to exist in many areas including defence.

"India must begin acting like a close partner and ally. Despite the growing closeness, it is no secret that frustration continues to exist in many areas, both defence and non-defence," Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee Senator John McCain said in an op-ed for CNN.

He said the US expects a lot of its partners and allies, including joint patrolling, significant contributions to armed conflicts, and a strict adherence to human rights, among other things. "The sooner India can showcase these commitments, and wipe away the lingering frustrations, the further it will move toward achieving the global power status it seeks," he said.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to Washington this week underscores just how important the US-India relationship has become, McCain said.

"In the coming years, I see an India that provides critical stability in a rapidly changing Indian Ocean region. I see an India that maintains regional balance against expansionist adversaries in the Pacific.

"I see an India that is a stronger, more capable ally in the struggle against global terrorism and piracy. And this is just the beginning. If we can come together as defense partners, our countries can be immensely positive forces for increased global peace and security," he noted.

"Getting there, however, will not be easy. To achieve all this, the US will need to begin treating India the same as it does its close partners and allies. Asking India to increasingly take on global responsibilities, yet not providing the associated benefits, is not a sustainable strategy," he said.

"Whether it is streamlining the approval process for defense exports, jointly developing military technology or coordinating defense activities, the US needs to make a clear, unambiguous commitment to our joint future in defense," McCain added

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...e-partner-and-ally-mccain-116060801186_1.html

ahhhhhhhh Neocon John McCain. I bet he would be ecstatic if India was willing to supply 1,000,000 of her soldiers to fight his and Israel wars of aggression against the likes of Syria and Russia :rofl:

US is closer to Iran
Yes. Closer to the American gun barrel.

cowboy-pointing-gun-camera-5087008.jpg

\
Interesting. So who do American's regard as "global terrorists"? Yes, Iran of course. Is McCain asking India to be ally against Iran? That is bound to upset the Chah Bahar cart?

Link > http://www.timesofisrael.com/iran-is-top-global-state-sponsor-of-terrorism-state-department-says/
Link > http://www.state.gov/j/ct/rls/crt/2014/239410.htm
It may be hard to believe for you but after everything that is going on with Saudi Arabia(supreme court ruling), and the
timely Iranian deal, I am starting to believe in the impossible.

I know but seeing is not always believing ....
Couldn't agree more.

So now I can see "Do more shifting to India" :yahoo:

This is one area where India was behind Pakistan.

With Modi at the helm, what Pakistan could achieve in 50 years, Modi will better that in just 5 years.

Dekh te raho Modi ji ka ajuba.

Jai Jai Modi.

This is one area where India was behind Pakistan.

With Modi at the helm, what Pakistan could achieve in 50 years, Modi will better that in just 5 years.

Dekh te raho Modi ji ka ajuba.

Jai Jai Modi.
Pakistanis normally say that "if US is a friend then who needs enemies" I may have some disagreement with them but by and large that's true.

Pakistanis normally say that "if US is a friend then who needs enemies" I may have some disagreement with them but by and large that's true.

I totally disagree. US works, and rightly so, for the citizens of US.

One cannot blame US. The problem is with people who misunderstand and have expectations with incorrect assumptions.

Back
Top Bottom