What's new

India Muslims Abandon Cow Slaughter in `Eid

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I am not endorsing unrighteousness. It is not sin to kill for food. You have it completely upside down. There are people who are saintly and there are people who are practical. Life is meant for both.

ok good.
yes it is a sin to kill for food when you have other options available. ask any saint/guru. only when there is no other option then it is not sinful. that's when God gives you a concession.
I do not have it upside down. those so-called practical people are selfish who are enslaved by their taste buds.
Life is meant for everybody including those animals. Its the quality of life that matters. why be a low life?

AFAIK that symbol is for yang and yin...the male and female energy indicating the balance between the two. it does not mean balance between vegetarians and meat-eaters.:lol:

This is my view of righteousness. The whole population cannot become completely saintly. It is just not desirable. It is your interpretation that just killing for food also is bad and sinful. That is an extreme stance.

I feel that your view is not right, because your view is inspired by your desire to eat meat may be. It is desirable that the whole population becomes saintly because then everybody will be good to each other even to the animals. The Earth can become Heaven. But i know that is not possible in this age.
The shastras, various saints/Gurus have all said that killing animals for food is a sin when other options are available. so how can this be an extreme stance? you view just doesn't make sense to me.

Isn't India a secular rapepublic? :rofl: I don't think cow slaughter can ever be banned in India (strictly from a legal perspective not Hindutva version of legality). Its officially secular and muslims are a big portion of India. I think muslims should stamp their authority and demand their basic religious right in a supposedly secular rapepublic. Become politically active and hindutva goons will run with tail between their legs. This should be more applicable in states like WB, UP and south India where there is a massive muslim pop.

My religion also says cow eaters should be treated as less than human. We should allow that.

is it hindu fundamentalism you are talking about? Looks like hindutva agenda dictating indian minds and threat to Muslims in india. Post in this threads very much proves that.

is it hindu fundamentalism you are talking about? Looks like hindutva agenda dictating indian minds and threat to Muslims in india. Post in this threads very much proves that.

Are baba, that was sarcasm.

@Biplab Bijay You were talking about burning Quran or a page from Quran?
Then, how would you feel if we burned the Geeta or burned a page from it?

@Biplab Bijay You were talking about burning Quran or a page from Quran?
Then, how would you feel if we burned the Geeta or burned a page from it?
Feeling will be the same when cows were slaughtered. We have this feelings for long. I was asking whether you have that feeling ? So much for respecting other religions.

Feeling will be the same when cows were slaughtered. We have this feelings for long. I was asking whether you have that feeling ? So much for respecting other religions.

First of all, I will never ever burn any holy scriptures or books from any religions nor will I ever think about it. It's not right and it is something no one must do! Not just with the Quran but every other.

Eating cows is allowed in Islam and since they are Muslims, they are doing what their religion has allowed them to do. If you don't like it, then just ignore them. Why live with such hate? Just try to live in peace and that's the best solution. Respect other people views and choices and they will respect you back as well. Like, for us pork and alcohol is haraam but that doesn't mean we stop those who like to consume it.

Just follow your faith like you would do and let others with different faith follow theirs. We all are just humans after all.

Isn't India a secular rapepublic? :rofl: I don't think cow slaughter can ever be banned in India (strictly from a legal perspective not Hindutva version of legality). Its officially secular and muslims are a big portion of India. I think muslims should stamp their authority and demand their basic religious right in a supposedly secular rapepublic. Become politically active and hindutva goons will run with tail between their legs. This should be more applicable in states like WB, UP and south India where there is a massive muslim pop.

do you want more rohingya type refugees in bangladesh? Already bodos kick your bengali rear intermittently...

First of all, I will never ever burn any holy scriptures or books from any religions nor will I ever think about it. It's not right and it is something no one must do! Not just with the Quran but every other.

Eating cows is allowed in Islam and since they are Muslims, they are doing what their religion has allowed them to do. If you don't like it, then just ignore them. Why live with such hate? Just try to live in peace and that's the best solution. Respect other people views and choices and they will respect you back as well. Like, for us pork and alcohol is haraam but that doesn't mean we stop those who like to consume it.

Just follow your faith like you would do and let others with different faith follow theirs. We all are just humans after all.

eat any other animal other than cow.

As I have mentioned eating cow is allowed but not mandatory. If it is not mandatory, you can stop it. In that way you will be able to respect the religious sentiments of Hindus. Is it too much to ask ? I am giving you an analogy.

suppose

A = holy to you
B = holy to me

You are killing B and eating it which is not mandatory in your religion.I repeat killing and eating B is not mandatory. It is offensive to us.

Tell me how do you feel if we disrespect A ? Think logically.

My Book , My Pencil = My Rules ....... right .

So will it be okay if somebody draws the picture of prophet ??
You can draw whatever you like untill you start disgracing religious figures.

As I have mentioned eating cow is allowed but not mandatory. If it is not mandatory, you can stop it. In that way you will be able to respect the religious sentiments of Hindus. Is it too much to ask ? I am giving you an analogy.

suppose

A = holy to you
B = holy to me

You are killing B and eating it which is not mandatory in your religion.I repeat killing and eating B is not mandatory. It is offensive to us.

It only questions the comfort level of Muslims in "Secular India".
You can stop them from slaughtering cows in public if you are afraid of it hurting feelings of Hindus but can't force them not to because it hinders their freedom of religious practice.

Last edited:
eat any other animal other than cow.

Can't you see? Cow is more widely available so that is why they are being slaughtered more. Plus, it provides more meat and it can be shared by more people and given more to the poor.

But listen, I myself don't eat any kind of red meat at all. And I will tell you exactly why; it is because when I was a child I saw those Qurbani during Eid from the balcony, obviously I felt disgusted... And from then on I never touched or ate beef or mutton or anything you can say that has four legs. I even implored my ammi and mama to stop it, but you can't. But I was a little kid back then. Anyway, my family doesn't force me to eat any kind of red meat nor do I stop them from eating any of them. Just because I don't agree with them, doesn't mean I will try to force my idea on them.

suppose
A = holy to you
B = holy to me

If your religion allows you to sacrifice A then you are completely free to do so. Maybe, it might be a bit offending for some Muslims but since you are a Hindu, so you have the right to do what your religion says and it has nothing to do with us. In our religion, there are things forbidden but we don't stop and nor does it say anywhere that we should stop other people from doing them.

And did you know that this year in Dhaka the hype for Durga puja was really big. Even weeks before the start of puja there were already many news paper and magazine articles about this celebration. But itwas only probably some days ago that the papers started showing news about the Qurbani Eid. But, we didn't object and we don't have any problem with it. People are just going to do what they are going to do. You can't change the World just for your own sake. Better will be to ignore the things you don't like. I'm telling you all, it makes life a whole lot easier to deal with. :agree:

Just follow your faith and believe in your God, you don't have to care what others do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom