What's new

India Might Show F-16 Crashed in Afghanistan as evidence of Pak f-16?

Israr Saeed

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The Indian military has publicly displayed a portion of an AIM-120C-5 Advanced Medium-Range Air-to-Air Missile, or AMRAAM, as evidence that Pakistani F-16 Viper fighter jets were at least involved in recent strikes on the Indian-administered portion of the disputed Jammu and Kashmir region. India continues to say that it shot down one of the Vipers, which Pakistan denies, as Pak PM work to de-escalate a major spike in tensions and pull back from the brink of war. But now there is a speculation that India might try to get the crashed F-16 scrap from Afghanistan to show as evidence of PAF viper. What Would You Say?

The Indian military has publicly displayed a portion of an AIM-120C-5 Advanced Medium-Range Air-to-Air Missile, or AMRAAM, as evidence that Pakistani F-16 Viper fighter jets were at least involved in recent strikes on the Indian-administered portion of the disputed Jammu and Kashmir region. India continues to say that it shot down one of the Vipers, which Pakistan denies, as Pak PM work to de-escalate a major spike in tensions and pull back from the brink of war. But now there is a speculation that India might try to get the crashed F-16 scrap from Afghanistan to show as evidence of PAF viper. What Would You Say?

Well, unless they can give the serial number or something of that sort, I'm not trusting them.

I'd also need confirmation from the US.

Then it will be more embarassment for india as previously they claimed that it fell on Pakistan side.
One thing more. It don't matter. We need nothing to prove. We are happy and satisfied for two kills and no loss. We don't care what india or other say.

@MilSpec Can you please begin to explain how a piece of AMRAAM [assuming it as fact] proves a F-16 was shot?

• Could it be a piece of AMRAAM that was fired in anger?
  • If the AMRAAM was found in IOK where is the rest of the fighter if indeed it was shot down?
  • etc
Go with us step by step because I want to go along with the Indian reasoning behind their claim. I mean we all know Mig-21 got shot down -

• pieces of wreckage in AJK
  • pilot landed in AJK
  • pilot captured in AJK
But how does a small piece of AMRAAM equal shot F-16?

according to them the supposed F16 fell in Pakistan and they kept showing their shot down Mig 21 as F16.

So they have raided Pakistan and obtained downed F16!! Is that the next breaking news? After all the debris has been cleared.

@MilSpec Can you please begin to explain how a piece of AMRAAM [assuming it as fact] proves a F-16 was shot?

• Could it be a piece of AMRAAM that was fired in anger?
  • If the AMRAAM was found in IOK where is the rest of the fighter if indeed it was shot down?
  • etc
Go with us step by step because I want to go along with the Indian reasoning behind their claim. I mean we all know Mig-21 got shot down -

• pieces of wreckage in AJK
  • pilot landed in AJK
  • pilot captured in AJK
But how does a small piece of AMRAAM equal shot F-16?

I have given the same reasons...

Indian plausible explanation: F-16 fighter was attached to that AMRAAM missile whose part(wreck) was found...Lol.

A missile is supposed to be fired/hit/crashed/blown...cannot be misconstrued as the Jet F-16 also crashed. In fact the lone missile part(even if it is to be believed) is fired by a F-16, it actually means the AMRAAM missile is fired, hit bullseye and that the jet returned(more probability) after completing the mission as the F-16 fighter parts are missing if it crashed.

That must be some reconnaissance mission by some F-16, and to lure the enemy jets into the Pak territory and JF-17 were waiting for the ambush, waiting to prey on the predator.

Last edited:
I could even speculate that F-16 was behind the shooting of the Indian M-16 heli where 6 six died. And not wanting to escalate Pakistan has denied this action. Acutely aware that when India struck there were no losses except for some trees thus response had to be 'proportional'. Thus to accept that a Pak AMRAAM was behind the loss the Indian heli with six dead PAF covere it up. On the Indian side it was lot easier to sell it as loss through 'accident' rather then at hands of Pakistan. I mean it is fcukin convenient to say the least the the Indian M-16 heli went down exactly in the narrow timeframe when Pakistan launched it's riposte.

Very much possible
Not really in this day and age images/news is instant. When the Mig-21 got shot within hours the pictures of downed Indian jet were bouncing about across the globe. India would have every reason [like Pak had and done] to get any images or proof out as soon as possible. Not masticate and ruminate over ....

Anything produced now is not going to carry any value ....

I have given the same reasons...

Indian plausible explanation: F-16 fighter was attached to that AMRAAM missile whose part(wreck) was found...Lol.
First they boasted to hit Pak viper but all in vain. Now they trying to convince Americans that Vipers are used in that operation to cover their shame and divert pressure on Pakistan, as in end user agreement with americans Pakistan agreed to not use F-16 against India.

Back
Top Bottom