What's new

India may face sanctions if it buys Russia's S-400 missiles: US

Correct me if i am wrong. Why don't they make a LRSAM by themselves?? They have enough experts, tech, knowledge and experience in making missile, right?? if not possible why not just team with their best buddy Israel or EU countries or other to make it then?? What's wrong with other SAM system?? What is DRDO doing then?? While India have 50 billion budget for defense they are buying most of thing from outside and started "make in India" campaign even when they make their own helicopter like Rudra and others. While Indonesia with smaller budget teamed up with Korea for fifth gen fighters, India came out from PAKFA project. Now they are trying to build their own AMCA, who knows it might take years like Tejas LCA project. Total mess. Same goes for Turkey. If have fund, knowladge, tech and manpower why not make your own thing?? Why let play those cunts their dirty game??

If sanctions are applied, the US has threatened to withhold sales of UCAVs. They have allowed the sale of the Guardian UCAVs, but the Avenger UCAVs will come into question. Even the IN's need to buy some Tritons will end.

As for Javelin, the US has offered multiple programs to develop future weapons with India through JVs. One is the 4th gen Javelin, which will replace the current inventory of Javelins in the US. Then there's the FVL program for new helicopters. And there's an offer to develop a new IFV with US and Israel. So naturally, all these offers will also be withdrawn due to sanctions.

No such thing will happen. When it comes to US interests such as selling weapons to India it will be willing to sell, but the catch lies elsewhere. The maintenance of any items sold to India or to be sold to India will bear the brunt of the sanctions along with the JVs ( and u have referred to that as well). This is the most important things such as suspension of which says suspension of export licenses which not only applies to defense but to all possible sectors and another one is suspension of equity and debt investments.

On paper these look like monstrous sanctions as it will cripple Indian defense and financial sectors. However:-
1. Is the US in a position to do this to India?
2. Does the US think it has the resources available to put sanctions on India on which 95% of its IT sector along with Industry has majority at stake? Can US ask Facebook and Whatsapp to pull out the investments they have done in India when the largest whatsapp base is in India?
3. If all financial institutions that have poured some 200 billion in India will pull out where else they will put this money back in?

Strategically US will do the blunder of lifetime if it puts India in the same basket as others. Its simply impossible when you talk about the QUAD, Asian pivot, Indo-Pacific etc.

Indians I am sure will have the last laugh!

Correct me if i am wrong. Why don't they make a LRSAM by themselves?? They have enough experts, tech, knowledge and experience in making missile, right?? if not possible why not just team with their best buddy Israel or EU countries or other to make it then?? What's wrong with other SAM system?? What is DRDO doing then?? While India have 50 billion budget for defense they are buying most of thing from outside and started "make in India" campaign even when they make their own helicopter like Rudra and others. While Indonesia with smaller budget teamed up with Korea for fifth gen fighters, India came out from PAKFA project. Now they are trying to build their own AMCA, who knows it might take years like Tejas LCA project. Total mess. Same goes for Turkey. If have fund, knowladge, tech and manpower why not make your own thing?? Why let play those cunts their dirty game??

US doesnt have a potent system as S 400. I think I will rest my case.

On paper these look like monstrous sanctions as it will cripple Indian defense and financial sectors. However:-
2. Does the US think it has the resources available to put sanctions on India on which 95% of its IT sector along with Industry has majority at stake? Can US ask Facebook and Whatsapp to pull out the investments they have done in India when the largest whatsapp base is in India?
3. If all financial institutions that have poured some 200 billion in India will pull out where else they will put this money back in?

Strategically US will do the blunder of lifetime if it puts India in the same basket as others. Its simply impossible when you talk about the QUAD, Asian pivot, Indo-Pacific etc.

@Areesh @Maarkhoor see finally india become supa powa..

And F-35's.

Don't forget that your most meaningful purchase will be F-35's and that alone will put all of PAF at an extreme disadvantage.
Come on man, don't tease them, India isn't going to get F35 for the next 15 years at the least.

India will not be getting any waiver's this time, be it for Russian weapons or Iranian oil.
Trump is no Obama.

Apache, P-8 etc won't get sanctioned. The sanctions are only for future purchases like the Avenger drones, 4th generation Javelin, FVL etc.
lolzzz 1000s of examples of such sanctions are here if someone open eyes . give you few examples where US refuse parts and services after sales sanctions ?

The fantasies that PDF keyboard thumper's indulge in is, well, fantastic. Both Pompeo and Mattis are seeing our defence minister to clear the decks on US sales to India after he has "advised" your PM in not using terror as a tool.
By the way neither Pompeo or Mattis will be seeing our PM. We are not US flunkies who roll out the red carpet for any Tom Dick and Harry that is passing through to grant them access to our PM. It is proper protocol.

Turkish F-35.

Politics is entirely different. It's all about the priest and the coup.

Turkey is showing the finger to the US with S-400 and the US is doing the same with F-35.

We do have a long range SAM program, it's called XRSAM.

But we are buying the S-400 also, since it can do both CMD and BMD. The IAF has a need for this SAM.

No such thing will happen. When it comes to US interests such as selling weapons to India it will be willing to sell, but the catch lies elsewhere. The maintenance of any items sold to India or to be sold to India will bear the brunt of the sanctions along with the JVs ( and u have referred to that as well). This is the most important things such as suspension of which says suspension of export licenses which not only applies to defense but to all possible sectors and another one is suspension of equity and debt investments.

Yep. We have no need to be worried about the sanctions.

Anyway, the sanctions are only for military sales, nothing to do with the economy.

lolzzz 1000s of examples of such sanctions are here if someone open eyes . give you few examples where US refuse parts and services after sales sanctions ?

US-India relations are not the same as it is with other countries.

US used this tactic with all of her Allies ..

India is not allied to the US though. We are business partners.

This nonsense will only backfire on the Americans. The S-400 will get a waiver, if it doesn't then India will accept the US sanctions. Then the Americans can sit in the White House scratching their heads, wondering what went wrong. :lol:

As far as India is concerned, Russia is more important to India as a defence supplier.
America is more important to india as dollar supplier if they just put some hindrance in the transfer of remittances your rupee will cross 100 with in a week. So

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom