What's new

India may build airport at Tawang, near China border

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Minister of state for external affairs V K Singh on Friday said India was hopeful of building an airport in Tawang while the work on another airport at Pashighat in Arunachal Pradesh was underway. “But there is a problem with land availability there (in Tawang),” Singh, who is also in charge of the northeast affairs, told Indian journalists here.

“The land acquisition problem for the airport in Itanagar, Arunachal’s capital, has just been sorted out.” Singh added the government is planning airfields in Arunachal Pradesh for smaller aircraft.

Singh said the government plans to create a separate company in collaboration with the Indian Airlines to operate small aircraft in the northeast.

He added new highways are being planned as part of the efforts initiated for major infrastructure development in the region. The railway budget for the region has been increased by 58%.

The visiting Indian minister’s statement in Beijing is significant as China claims Arunachal Pradesh as its own.

Singh discussed new measures to examine risks Chinese dams pose in the upper reaches of the Brahmaputra.

Experts claim the dams have made India vulnerable to flash floods and reduced water supply. They say China would now control water flow from the upper reaches.

Singh said the government would commission a study to examine the impact of the dams. “It is essential to re-examine studies done in the past. It is only after through study that the risk posed by Tibetan dams could be determined,” he said.

“In the early 1950s, a major earthquake took place and changed the course of Brahmaputra. The river bed also went up. We have to see how much water comes from China, and how much is contributed by its different tributaries like the Lohit.”

India may build airport at Tawang, near China border | idrw.org

Sorry we dont water treaty with India, we can build as many dams as we want and plan how to use water within our territory...so keep crying, it will change nothing.

Sorry we dont water treaty with India, we can build as many dams as we want and plan how to use water within our territory...so keep crying, it will change nothing.
It will comsiderd as an act of War by India and world super powers . So china is not silly to start a war with India and give chance for the Nato to enter Asian continent

India can cut of 60% of Chinese trade thru sea . This also the concern of world powers incase of indo china or indo pak war .

It will comsiderd as an act of War by India and world super powers . So china is not silly to start a war with India and give chance for the Nato to enter Asian continent

India can cut of 60% of Chinese trade thru sea . This also the concern of world powers incase of indo china or indo pak war .

Go cry to Nato and US, nobody care. Dare to touch our civilian ship, you will face retaliation.:coffee:

Lol

You are not so naive to start a naval war in Asia ... That too attacking Indian Navy ... If you retaliate so for we . We also have fancy toys .

Yeah tell me about your fancy toys...but we have a fancy weapon call "Monsoon", you know that?:lol:

Please try. Going by previous history, you guys are all bark no bite. Did you repay the Japanese, the Koreans, the British, for slaughtering your people?

Lol, what'z matter my argument has anger you?? drag other nations into discussion is not helping your cause, this is about China and India...so stay on the topic, and by the way pre-India was no better than China under England rule in WW2, try to remember this man -->winston churchill

How many wars china own ? Expect 1962 war with India (Which was poorly hhandled by nehru) ... Midget nation like Japan conquered you in ww2 . If you had no help from Nato or soviet ... you quill be still half china occupied by japs. .. Am I wrong do answer me ?

I tell what happened to China's unnecessary string of pearls ! China over play it's hand . Than what I can . What china did was to wake up the Indian political class a d smell the coffee for real . You see our MOD is really proactive and works of detailed analysis of string f pearls . And works have already started way back in 2007 but due corruption by anti national parties like congress rendered our capacity for big time . From mmrca to scorpion subs ... From guns to bullets. Thinks might not have changed if China dint enter Indian territory and aiding Pakistan with jets and subs ... because even now Pakistan phobia plays an impressive roll to strengthen Indian forces . We did every thing even with corruptions here and there but yet outmatched our rivals in a clear brutal strength

So when India look at china as a threat we understood of out depleting capacity will effect National security and it's the atmost preferences of the new BJP govt. Which was elected for this very purpose . I strongly belive that China's threat to the Indians played a major roll in this 2014 elections . Which of course needed corrupt free govt .

So when u see the problem here is . Now India has push 15 years of defence equipments at a faster phase . India might be the world's largest weapon buyer but it's too lil too late. We can expect double the size of new procurements from domestic , us France sweeds Russia Japan will increase in the days to come ... which will make mmrca to look like a lil sister deal .

It may provoke China to contain india from getting these fancy toys . That's when Pakistan comes to play .

But it's a funny business again . When china arm Pakistan india will think about increase its strength to over come Pakistan which in turn pays the way for new weapons flowing in to the country .

China has no other option but to live with it . As India started to approach south china sea neighbours due to the so called string of pearls . It opened the flood gate for strategic partnership with these nations . Its going t be walking on the knife for both Asia as the whole and Nato

How many wars china own ? Expect 1962 war with India (Which was poorly hhandled by nehru) ... Midget nation like Japan conquered you in ww2 . If you had no help from Nato or soviet ... you quill be still half china occupied by japs. .. Am I wrong do answer me ?

I tell what happened to China's unnecessary string of pearls ! China over play it's hand . Than what I can . What china did was to wake up the Indian political class a d smell the coffee for real . You see our MOD is really proactive and works of detailed analysis of string f pearls . And works have already started way back in 2007 but due corruption by anti national parties like congress rendered our capacity for big time . From mmrca to scorpion subs ... From guns to bullets. Thinks might not have changed if China dint enter Indian territory and aiding Pakistan with jets and subs ... because even now Pakistan phobia plays an impressive roll to strengthen Indian forces . We did every thing even with corruptions here and there but yet outmatched our rivals in a clear brutal strength

So when India look at china as a threat we understood of out depleting capacity will effect National security and it's the atmost preferences of the new BJP govt. Which was elected for this very purpose . I strongly belive that China's threat to the Indians played a major roll in this 2014 elections . Which of course needed corrupt free govt .

So when u see the problem here is . Now India has push 15 years of defence equipments at a faster phase . India might be the world's largest weapon buyer but it's too lil too late. We can expect double the size of new procurements from domestic , us France sweeds Russia Japan will increase in the days to come ... which will make mmrca to look like a lil sister deal .

It may provoke China to contain india from getting these fancy toys . That's when Pakistan comes to play .

But it's a funny business again . When china arm Pakistan india will think about increase its strength to over come Pakistan which in turn pays the way for new weapons flowing in to the country .

China has no other option but to live with it . As India started to approach south china sea neighbours due to the so called string of pearls . It opened the flood gate for strategic partnership with these nations . Its going t be walking on the knife for both Asia as the whole and Nato

Are you writing a bollywood script? :wave:

Well it may
Are you writing a bollywood script? :wave:

Look like bollywood spritz . I dont blame you . You and me are from the same culture with rich traditional values . Songs drama acts are part of our gene don't they ;) But after all what told you had happened still date . So what do u think about my reply ... Other than a bollywood flix

LOL. We are not crying. We are building airports and Railway line and Roads in China's "south tibet".

As for dams, they day they become a nuisance, a single brahmos missile will breach it and release the water into India. So why worry too much about it ?

It takes YEARS and MILLIONS of $ of build a dam, a single 1 million $ missile to destroy it. :disagree: .......... sometimes I wonder about Chinese high IQ :P

Last edited:
Am damn sure China has no other option but to be cautioned towards Indian development and live with it . As PLA know that the future superpowers will be from Asia in the near future . If China and India went to a war . LET'S SAY 5 YEARS FROM NOW .It will be the end of Superpower ambition of bother the Asia gains. Both knew it. INDIA AND CHINA don't fire a the border is because . It will leads to a war . With unprecedented effect and loss on economy will derail the growth of the growing nation . Even with our nuclear fireworks man . As I think nuclear war is not an option for both of us .

Both nations will be nuked by either America or Russia to bring down the nuclear flare outs.
China will be left with anot r option of engaging and partnering India in many fields from minerals , space science quality of life infra etc .. And that's very evident in the past decades ... China PM XI Ping made the step but shattered by PLA .. Same happened with Pakistan . But the will change. No nation will be able bare the cost of war adventures . We will go into the whole new dimension of mass destruction weapons I the future . With out involvement of radio active waves. Nukes are kept aside due to the after effects also . But same destruction can be made by non nukes too in the very near future. . . NO one want s it unless some countries goes mad and retard after 2020 /2030
Hope you enjoy this story as well... its more of a Independence Day kid of stuff ... Since its at future ... Hollywood flick for u :) ;) :p

LOL. We are not crying. We are building airports and Railway line and Roads in China's "south tibet".

As for dams, they day they become a nuisance, a single brahmos missile will breach it and release the water into India. So why worry too much about it ?

It takes YEARS and MILLIONS of $ of build a dam, a single 1 million $ missile to destroy it. :disagree: .......... sometimes I wonder about Chinese high IQ :P
That's what I told him stopping water resources to a country is a act of War . India ll have no other option to go for war than die without water . Intensity of water wars of the future will be terrible . We must have a treaty

Back
Top Bottom