What's new

India may be offered a share in GLONASS

One of the primary objective for us to put GAGAN in place was to make ourselves self sufficient in terms of navigation support for our strategic arms as well as armed forces ...for our defense needs we can't rely on any other country ...
Given our defense priorities regional navigation system with focus on Indian subcontinent and Indian ocean region is sufficient at the moment ...

If we go by General Malik's recent revelation as to how a friendly nation supplied us with 3-4 year old images of Tololing area during Kargil war ...This will make sense.

when it comes to defense of our nation there should not be any compromises ... !

GAGAN is for civilian navigation system for airlines operated & funded by Airport Authority of India.
You are mistaken IRNSS with GAGAN.

GAGAN is for civilian navigation system for airlines operated & funded by Airport Authority of India.
You are mistaken IRNSS with GAGAN.

Yes,. thanks a lot for correcting my mistake !!!

GAGAN is augmentation of GPS ....while IRNSS is wholly regional kind of indigenous GPS ...

GAGAN need not be only used for civilian purpose but off course when we talk of defence-friendly system off course it has to be IRNSS since it is not subjected to any external control ....

My apologies for misleading statement ...I have edited my post accordingly ...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom