haidian

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
China
India: Maoists Ambush Patrol, Killing 7 Soldiers
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: January 7, 2013
Follow @nytimesworld for international breaking news and headlines.
The police said Monday that Maoist rebels had ambushed a government patrol in a mountainous area of eastern India, killing at least seven soldiers and wounding seven more. The attack occurred in a rebel stronghold in Jharkhand State, a police official said. Thousands of people have been killed in the past decade in violence involving the Maoists, who began their movement in 1967 and claim that they represent India’s dispossessed, particularly indigenous tribal groups.

It's time for People's Republic of India to be born!

It was born in 1947. Our govt is elected by us, so it is a true people's republic. Just calling it "people's" doesn't make it the people's, if the people don't have any say in who rules them.

:blink: each and every? how about listening to their complaints.

Not as long as they have a gun in their hands. Pakistan tried that with its own brand of militants a couple years back and it didnt work. You can not negotiate with the state on the back of a gun...

They arn't soldiers.. they are CRPF....

So CRPF men aren't soldiers??

Army or Central Police Forces, they are all soldiers of the nation and in my opinion it is the forces like CRPF who work more for the nation day and night. It is they who go and fight the red menace not the army. Stop putting army above the central police force. It is not some regiment of the army that is fighting the red scum, but these CRPF soldiers who fight them kill them and make India a safer nation.

So CRPF men aren't soldiers??

Army or Central Police Forces, they are all soldiers of the nation and in my opinion it is the forces like CRPF who work more for the nation day and night. It is they who go and fight the red menace not the army. Stop putting army above the central police force. It is not some regiment of the army that is fighting the red scum, but these CRPF soldiers who fight them kill them and make India a safer nation.

Dear god...I meant they are not the part of the army but part of the police force... For the love of god stop twisting my words..Its common sense..

:blink: each and every? how about listening to their complaints.

Listening to their complaints will be/should be topmost priority.

But not untill they shed violence as their path. Infact its vicious circle, poor development in tribal areas gives rise to naxalites and then naxalites violence leads to less development. Naxalites discourage any developmental activities like schools and infrastructure.

Dear god...I meant they are not the part of the army but part of the police force... For the love of god stop twisting my words..Its common sense..

Umm....the first part was for you. the second one for majority of people who gives more credit to the army.

Your post was in such a way that readers might take it differently....as in "who cares they were not from the army"

Not as long as they have a gun in their hands. Pakistan tried that with its own brand of militants a couple years back and it didnt work. You can not negotiate with the state on the back of a gun...
Watever Pakistan had tried, that was half hearted attempts of negociation.. and furthermore Taliban is not a singular entity , all of TTP groups have different aims but dealing with one enemy. Naxals completly originates from india, They don't follow any foriegn personality, their demands centers theirselves only. Pakistan hadn't negociated with militants in past and today we lost our thousands of citizens, More importantly locals are turning up against security forces, here situation is not suitable to copy.

Back
Top Bottom