What's new

India leaves Pakistan way behind in fight against infant mortality

Ingis

Reaction score
Saving the children

SOME 7.7m children under the age of five will die in 2010, down from 11.9m in 1990, according to a new study from the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington. This is 800,000 fewer deaths than was estimated by UNICEF in 2008, a difference the authors attribute to a larger data collection and better statistical analysis. Most sub-Saharan African countries have made slow progress, but there is evidence of accelerating declines from 2000 to 2010 compared with 1990 to 2000. The Maldives, Cyprus, the United Arab Emirates and Portugal have made the biggest steps in reducing child mortality, with the rate of decline in each averaging over 7% a year. At 2.98 deaths for every 1,000 infants, the UAE now has the sixth-lowest mortality rate in the world. Britain and America are among the worst performing rich nations, ranking 22nd and 44th out of 187 countries.

201022NAC303.jpg

http://www.economist.com/daily/chartgallery/displayStory.cfm?story_id=16208126&source=features_box4

Read the post & the link too.

No where does it compare the two countries. I feel we could desist from making everything an Indo -Pk comparison.

All nations have diff priorities, resources, policies.

less infant morality is nothing tp be proud about...i'll br hppy when this becomes nil.

Read the post & the link too.

No where does it compare the two countries. I feel we could desist from making everything an Indo -Pk comparison.

All nations have diff priorities, resources, policies.

he must be offended by riaz haq's anti India bashing, cherry picked and twisted articles.

Back
Top Bottom