What's new

India least corrupt among BRIC: Harvard Business Review

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!

i knew we wre somewhat below China but not this below.

MAn fk this ****....i hope Sonia doesn't get a hold of this.

Lolllllllllllllllll At the News................good joke to end the day with .....But Frankly i personally haven't come across the any major corruption as much except for some small chai pani to get work done faster......
Now with GoI going for Auction method for all allocations i guess Corruption will come down further in PSU & National companies:angel:

I know it feels sad to see All this Scam coming out ..but you got to Appreciate the Change in Attitude ..Now atleast Politician feel the pressure of being Answerable..its no free ride anymore .....

they are getting thrown in jail...being slapped at..... being Humiliated on live Tv....Bright time ahead for Us ppl...hope:pop:

If you have brain when you do comparsion in order to become better ,you only choose countries that are far less corrupt than you to compare with:lol:
Thats why cheeni always come up with artcles on indian corupption etc........:rofl:

Lolllllllllllllllll At the News................good joke to end the day with .....But Frankly i personally haven't come across the any major corruption as much except for some small chai pani to get work done faster......
Now with GoI going for Auction method for all allocations i guess Corruption will come down further in PSU & National companies:angel:

I know it feels sad to see All this Scam coming out ..but you got to Appreciate the Change in Attitude ..Now atleast Politician feel the pressure of being Answerable..its no free ride anymore .....

they are getting thrown in jail...being slapped at..... being Humiliated on live Tv....Bright time ahead for Us ppl...hope:pop:
even if you keep dog's tail in pipe for 12 years it will remain bend.

I know India is not one of the most corrupt country as portrayed by the media .
We are a very big democracy where media power is too big .

Media somehow gathers info about the latest scams and make a hell of an issue regarding that for atleast 3 weeks . This also helps their trp ratings . While majority of the scams in China may not even be known to the people and their media and therefore it doesnt show up .
Hence we Indians often tend to beleive that we are a highly corrupt nation which is not so .

This is a bit hard to believe! Whats the article called mate?

Edit: OK never mind found it.

Greased Palms, Giant Headaches- Harvard Business Review

esoi02.jpg

Harvad business review people must be smoking afghan's finest stuff. Looks like italian mafia congress has penetrated harvad media as well.

Harvad business review people must be smoking afghan's finest stuff. Looks like italian mafia congress has penetrated harvad media as well.
Thats why italian mafia godmother made trips to usa under the guise of cancer treatment and threatened harvard media to publish this report.

India might be having a slower bureacracy than China..but may not be as corrupt...........Indian media has a free rein bringing the Govt to task....but Chinese media is tied down..infact has become govt stooge.............check out how the pics in Anhui CPC member scandal was morphed by media ...or how the number of builders or contractors convicted for shoddy construction of school that collapsed in sichuam earthquake are damn less.......

India might be having a slower bureacracy than China..but may not be as corrupt...........Indian media has a free rein bringing the Govt to task....but Chinese media is tied down..infact has become govt stooge.............check out how the pics in Anhui CPC member scandal was morphed by media ...or how the number of builders or contractors convicted for shoddy construction of school that collapsed in sichuam earthquake are damn less.......

According to a survey conducted by Harvard Business Review of more than 700,000 employees of multinationals China is the most corrupt country among BRIC followed by Russia, Brazil and India.

Improper payments

Brazil: 1.4%
China: 7.9%
India: 1.8%
Russia: 3.3%

Inappropriate giving or receiving of Gifts

Brazil: 2.3%
China: 7.7%
India: 2.2%
Russia: 1.4%

Conflict of Interest

Brazil: 13.9%
China: 15.4%
India: 7.5%
Russia: 10.9%

Harvard Business Review Magazine, Blogs, Case studies, Articles, Books, Webinars

You need to have access to HBR to read the article or have the September issue with you. I cannot post the article here as HBR articles are copyrighted

Although I am not sure what the parameters for the poll were, but the large volume of such transactions in India probably makes up for the lower percentage of the above figures.

In the 3rd World, most people do not even bother reporting corruption at the lower level, because paying bribe just to handle the electricity or phone bill has become a norm.

Lastly, people in the 3rd World typically consider the level of corruption within their own country to be the worst and report it as such in the hopes that some remediation would take place. This perception issue is a significant factor in corruption coming across worse than it really is in reality.

Although I am not sure what the parameters for the poll were, but the large volume of such transactions in India probably makes up for the lower percentage of the above figures.

In the 3rd World, most people do not even bother reporting corruption at the lower level, because paying bribe just to handle the electricity or phone bill has become a norm.

Lastly, people in the 3rd World typically consider the level of corruption within their own country to be the worst and report it as such in the hopes that some remediation would take place. This perception issue is a significant factor in corruption coming across worse than it really is in reality.

Very true, corruption has become a norm in India and everyone indulges in it in some form or the other. There is corruption and bribe culture at every level.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom