What's new

India Joins Wassenaar agreement

Exactly , we already have a waiver as such it makes no difference NSG or not.

yeah ur right , useless is useless.
Hang on, NSG is/was never about technology/trade. That waiver we already got. With NSG membership we will get a veto, so in short if tomorrow China want's a waiver for some country(as per their interest) then India can play spoil support...NSG membership is all about this...there is no reason for China to allow India into the group and that's why they are not...

He is right in one way, it is useless. We already enjoy the full benefits.
But again, it's my POV, rather may be the government's.
check post#17

Hang on, NSG is/was never about technology/trade. That waiver we already got. With NSG membership we will get a veto, so in short if tomorrow China want's a waiver for some country(as per their interest) then India can play spoil support...NSG membership is all about this...there is no reason for China to allow India into the group and that's why they are not...

check post#17

China getting cornered into to India's NSG waiver approval, was a strategic suicide for them as it increases India's nuclear arsenal, they failed last time and aggressively tried the second time, including even trying to not have India's NSG membership discussed at NSG meeting.

Hmm, that should make advanced technology easily accessible to India. It makes no difference whether we are in NSG or not till we get access to required technology. China can spend their time vetoing like a petulant kid.
Wassenaar agreement has little to do with NSG

It deals with other technologies which can help our DEW, UAV and aerospace development:
Category 1 – Special Materials and Related Equipment
Category 2 – Materials Processing
Category 3 – Electronics
Category 4 – Computers
Category 5 – Part 1 – Telecommunications
Category 5 – Part 2 – "Information Security"
Category 6 – Sensors and "Lasers"
Category 7 – Navigation and Avionics
Category 8 – Marine
Category 9 – Aerospace and Propulsion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wassenaar_Arrangement

In regards to nuclear technology, Our PM thanked publicly Russia for assistance in India's nuclear submarine project. With USA on our side and Chinese fearing Russian retaliation nobody can prevent Russia from transferring these technologies to India.

Last edited:
China getting cornered into to India's NSG waiver approval, was a strategic suicide for them as it increases India's nuclear arsenal, they failed last time and aggressively tried the second time, including even trying to not have India's NSG membership discussed at NSG meeting.

Wassenaar agreement has little to do with

It deals with other technologies which can help our DEW, UAV and aerospace development:
Category 1 – Special Materials and Related Equipment
Category 2 – Materials Processing
Category 3 – Electronics
Category 4 – Computers
Category 5 – Part 1 – Telecommunications
Category 5 – Part 2 – "Information Security"
Category 6 – Sensors and "Lasers"
Category 7 – Navigation and Avionics
Category 8 – Marine
Category 9 – Aerospace and Propulsion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wassenaar_Arrangement

In regards to nuclear technology, Our PM thanked publicly Russia for assistance in India's nuclear submarine project. With USA on our side and Chinese fearing Russian retaliation nobody can prevent Russia from transferring these technologies to India.
These are dual use technologies, there is no fine distinction except in a few cases. How would you classify high strength steel used in submarines & nuke reactors ? materials or nuke tech?
We need to keep engaged china for a while one way is let them keep vetoing blindly.

Do you remember the remarks by the CEO of SnapChat a few months ago? A lot of CEO's share his views, they just don't say it publicly or get quoted by media.

Making conclusions out of snapchat comment is new height of desperation.
Lot of CEO's are indian, you never know next ceo of snapchat would be indian as well.

By the way answer me, do you have snapchat in pakistan ?

@ topic Next stop should be Australia group.
Good going, keep clearing the highway to NSG, and UN.

Thanks for the correction though I knew it already but I was just talking figuratively. "Raising the hand against" does not change the gist of my comment which is about the effort China has put into vetoing india's bid for NSG. India cannot harm China in anyway both militarily or diplomatically. USA is scared of China's rise and seeing an end to its hegemony to it is backing India but rest of the west does not share this sentiment with USA. EU is pretty happy to trade with China and wants to foster closer ties. I know it because I'm in the business here and know how European business think. Also for them India does not matter that much as Modi would like all indians to believe. Do you remember the remarks by the CEO of SnapChat a few months ago? A lot of CEO's share his views, they just don't say it publicly or get quoted by media.

Then tell this to your mate who says it is "useless"

If you are in business then you must think like a businessman which you by far hav not.

As India inches closer to China slowly business will automatically diversify because of continuity.

So your words are Ill-comprehensive.

Hang on, NSG is/was never about technology/trade. That waiver we already got. With NSG membership we will get a veto, so in short if tomorrow China want's a waiver for some country(as per their interest) then India can play spoil support...NSG membership is all about this...there is no reason for China to allow India into the group and that's why they are not

That can still work if we have an insider there and veto China. Be that as it may, it’s a power game and that’s all about it.

If you are in business then you must think like a businessman which you by far hav not
Would you enlighten us how should a business man think?

Making conclusions out of snapchat comment is new height of desperation.
Lot of CEO's are indian, you never know next ceo of snapchat would be indian as well.

By the way answer me, do you have snapchat in pakistan ?

@ topic Next stop should be Australia group.
Good going, keep clearing the highway to NSG, and UN.
I know the truth hurts but there is no other way to put it.

Would you enlighten us how should a business man think?

I know the truth hurts but there is no other way to put it.
You did not answer whether pakistan has a snapchat which india dont and you are making fun of.
On one side you say trth hurts but you yourself dont want to confront the truth.

That's one way of looking at it, however as said NSG membership gives India a veto for future changes. This is unacceptable for China(rightly so, from their perspective)...

That can still work if we have an insider there and veto China. Be that as it may, it’s a power game and that’s all about it.
That is true for every single country. However a veto in your own hand is a different ball game. Keep in mind, if the so called insider is going to halt Chinese designs then that country will have to pay the price somewhere else...and unless and until it alligns with that country's interest, it wont bother or we need to bring something on the table...this is how geo-politics is...so yes, nothing can match your own veto power...

That's one way of looking at it, however as said NSG membership gives India a veto for future changes. This is unacceptable for China(rightly so, from their perspective)...

That is true for every single country. However a veto in your own hand is a different ball game. Keep in mind, if the so called insider is going to halt Chinese designs then that country will have to pay the price somewhere else...and unless and until it alligns with that country's interest, it wont bother or we need to bring something on the table...this is how geo-politics is...so yes, nothing can match your own veto power...

What you said is realistic but in current scenario China won't allow us the entry and we will have to live with it. I am not seeing India's entry in next 10 years unless we work MRCR entry for China out.

What you said is realistic but in current scenario China won't allow us the entry and we will have to live with it. I am not seeing India's entry in next 10 years unless we work MRCR entry for China out.
10 Years...no way man...Economics will play out just fine...mindless opposition will fasten the so called anti-china block by 10 years...so things are going to fall in place....but we need to get into this 5Trillion+ club...soon!!

Back
Top Bottom