What's new

India joins Ballistic Missile Defence Club

60% is figure I based on what AAD/PAD should be able to achieve given the simultaneous advance in missile technology as well such as mid-course correction , MIRV capability , chaff and other distractions.

Right now , this project is in it's nascent phase but I see a promising future for it . Assuming that by 2010 the AAD is deployed across major cities , It would be my personal assumption that 60% kill ration is the bare minimum which should be achieved.

Of course I have no technical parameters to back the claim up since very little is known about accuracy and kill ration of missile defense systems , especially for Ballistic missiles.

btw - this is also the first time I heard to Helina project , I just can't wait for ALH to come out as it looked very sleek in it's design.

60% is figure I based on what AAD/PAD should be able to achieve given the simultaneous advance in missile technology as well such as mid-course correction , MIRV capability , chaff and other distractions.
Chaff used by missiles? I never heard of it? Regarding the MIRV. At what height they get deployed? In case if the missile has not got hit then the Medium range SAms will be used like Akash and then the lower range the Maitri and all.

Right now , this project is in it's nascent phase but I see a promising future for it . Assuming that by 2010 the AAD is deployed across major cities , It would be my personal assumption that 60% kill ration is the bare minimum which should be achieved.
Project is in nascent stage? Umm how? The deployment time line is for both PAD and AAD not alone? The LRTR are already ordered (30 systems). Depending upon this test result the time line will be given (most probably 2013-2015 time frame).

Of course I have no technical parameters to back the claim up since very little is known about accuracy and kill ration of missile defense systems , especially for Ballistic missiles.
So please stop giving the figures of accuracy.

btw - this is also the first time I heard to Helina project , I just can't wait for ALH to come out as it looked very sleek in it's design.

Well let's see how it goes :)

Chaff used by missiles? I never heard of it?

Modern armed forces use chaff (in naval applications, for instance, using short-range SRBOC rockets) to distract radar-guided missiles from their targets. Most military aircraft and warships have chaff dispensing systems for self-defense. An intercontinental ballistic missile may release in its midcourse phase several independent warheads, a large number of decoys, and chaff.

Chaff (radar countermeasure) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The project is still young , a few tests does not ensure we have a comprehensive missile defense system , the US has spurned billions of dollars and still working to perfect it.

We can handle Pakistani Missiles with our PAD/AAD deployment but I'm not half as sure about China.

The project is still young , a few tests does not ensure we have a comprehensive missile defense system , the US has spurned billions of dollars and still working to perfect it.

We can handle Pakistani Missiles with our PAD/AAD deployment but I'm not half as sure about China.

Pls don't quote me wikipedia, chaffs and all may have been written. But actual configuration should use the MIRV's. Any way might be possible to use? But the missiles are guided with the on bord seeker as well as the radar from the ground. Which is a powerfull system. Will not be easy to fool it. Please do elaborate why you are not sure about chinese missiles? Just for the heck of it or what?

And if US has done in some way so you are just declaring that the Indian program is in nascent stage. wow great. It depends how many tests you require to judge the parameters set on the design stage of the system and whether it is achieved or not.

Please do elaborate why you are not sure about chinese missiles? Just for the heck of it or what?

Because Pakistan is not known to have ICBM technology or MIRV for that matter but China does have an ICBM , and defending against different ranges requires different technical parameters.

Because Pakistan is not known to have ICBM technology or MIRV for that matter but China does have an ICBM , and defending against different ranges requires different technical parameters.

Tell me on which height the ICBM will release it's warheads? Is seriously don't know it. The ICBM differs for the short range missiles in terms of the re entry velocity but they also give more time to detect and prepare for the defenses.
Just by saying the different parameters are needed and not giving any specifics does not add any credibility to your statements.

Last edited:
ICBM's travel at a speed of 7 Km/ sec , fact is that we do not have an ICBM against which we can test our missile defense.

A modified Prithvi was shot down at different altitudes and that convinces me that we can handle SRBM and IRBM's carrying a single war head and layered tests will show that we can handle multiple such missiles , we can defend well against 2000 - 2500 Km range IRBM level

Also you might have come across this article before , but just for the sake of I'll post the links.

India developing ballistic missiles to destroy IRBMs, ICBMs : India World

The Hindu News Update Service

These say that we're in Process of developing AD-1 and AD-2 which can engage ICBM but we don't have the technology right now. V.K. Saraswat has gone on record with this information , who am I to counter it.

Last edited:
ICBM's travel at a speed of 7 Km/ sec , fact is that we do not have an ICBM against which we can test our missile defense.
Pls use the ROCKSIM software to calculate the range of Agni III with 500kg of warhead (better try it with 250kg).

A modified Prithvi was shot down at different altitudes and that convinces me that we can handle SRBM and IRBM's carrying a single war head and layered tests will show that we can handle multiple such missiles.

The bolded part is wrong. It will be two interceptors per incoming missile.

However , until and unless we have an ICBM of a particular speed or at least comparable to 7 Km/sec , how can we be sure of defending against it.
Answered already.

Lets wait for Agni V to be tested which would have a supposed range of 5000-6000 Km and will give our scientists at DRDO a much better insight into the technical parameters of an ICBM and then proceed to develop a shield against it.

I find it hard to believe that any nation which does not have an ICBM will have the capability to counter one.

Answered already

For Heaven's sake this is Pakistan defence forum guys...:hitwall:

nothing wrong in a nice mini-discussion , after all this BMD is one of the exciting defense project in India , which we're both very passionate about.

Are baba we are having some discussion here. What is wrong in that :)

Kyon Nihat bhai kya bolata hai.

You know its really very simple to register for bharatrakshak or some such Indian site.

You know its really very simple to register for bharatrakshak or some such Indian site.

Oh see it is a forum and we are discussing something may be right may be wrong but we are talking from the info that is publicly available. So chill man

lol yes ruby jackass I am sure they are divulging state secrets here :lol:

You do realise that NON Indians can go onto the same Indian websites right?

Absolutely.

The 'You know its really very simple to register for Bharat Rakshak' applies to Pakistanis as well. I didn't realise then that there was a section for Indian Defence and Military. But nice to have it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom