What's new

India is the most ethnically diverse country outside Africa.

Kam kaley hai toh kya hua dilwaley haiin
hum tery tery terey chane waley hain

22624730.jpg

0.jpg

helen_gumnaam.jpg

i dont see any point why should we be proud of this diversity

It is not sufficient to have diversity.

What we are proud of is that we respect diversity.... and that doesn't affect our unity.

China actively suppresses cantonese, hokkien etc.. and foolishly doesn't realizes what it's losing with it.

Nazi Germany tried suppressing Jews, in an extreme case ... and world saw the barbarism in that part of the world.

India's Unity in Diversity isn't a recent thing... it was always cherished through the ages as our culture evolved.

We're open to accept all new ideas, permit diversity of thought, beliefs etc.

China actively suppresses cantonese, hokkien etc.. and foolishly doesn't realizes what it's losing with it.

Umm... No.

Take a visit to Guangdong (the most populous province in China) and the people there speak Cantonese. I go there regularly since it is just across the border.

Same with Hokkien in Fujian province.

Anyway, these are dialects of Chinese, not seperate languages.

It is not sufficient to have diversity.

What we are proud of is that we respect diversity.... and that doesn't affect our unity.

Nazi Germany tried suppressing Jews, in an extreme case ... and world saw the barbarism in that part of the world.

India's Unity in Diversity isn't a recent thing... it was always cherished through the ages as our culture evolved.

We're open to accept all new ideas, permit diversity of thought, beliefs etc.

All talks dear. This is not a forum to discuss these things but i cannot stop myself from commenting this

I am a bisexual and sorry to say i am having hard time dating a boy in this country. I had girlfriends in the past but now i want to have a boyfriend. and i can tell you from my experience nobody respects this in this country.

I know in China, i have few friends who enjoy much better sexual life than Indians.

as i said in other thread, socially we are too backward so nothing to be proud of fkcin diversity

Umm... No.

Take a visit to Guangdong (the most populous province in China) and the people there speak Cantonese. I go there regularly since it is just across the border.

Same with Hokkien in Fujian province.

Anyway, these are dialects of Chinese, not seperate languages.

Mutually unintelligible .. but people will always speak at home what they want to.

e.g. HongKong still speaks cantonese.. a sign of freedom and liberty to those dwelling there (eh.. so far).

All talks dear. This is not a forum to discuss these things but i cannot stop myself from commenting this

I am a bisexual and sorry to say i am having hard time dating a boy in this country. I had girlfriends in the past but now i want to have a boyfriend. and i can tell you from my experience nobody respects this in this country.

I know in China, i have few friends who enjoy much better sexual life than Indians.

as i said in other thread, socially we are too backward so nothing to be proud of fkcin diversity

If one is colour blind, he cannot appreciate different colours.

But then.. letting somebody "choose" to be colour blind, is also available as option to him.

But, let other enjoy the different colours. If one person is (or chooses to be) colous blind, doesn't mean everybody else should be, as well.

As for sexual things you mentioned.. obviously you don't read newspapers regularly.

Mutually unintelligible .. but people will always speak at home what they want to.

e.g. HongKong still speaks cantonese.. a sign of freedom and liberty to those dwelling there (eh.. so far).

I know that people in Shanghai speak their dialect everywhere and my Chinese friends in Shanghai who are from different provinces don't understand a thing. So, dialects are not suppressed as you just claimed.

I was actually the one who brought up this topic, by answering this thread:

www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defenc...e-achievements-since-independence-1947-a.html

With this:

Maintaining unity, despite having by far the most diverse population amongst the major countries.

Every other major country has one majority ethnicity+culture that is clearly dominant in the demographics.

China - 92% Han Chinese
Britain - 85% White British
Japan - 98% Ethnic Japanese
America - 75% White American
Russia - 81% Ethnic Russian

India - No majority Ethnic+cultural grouping

So let's lay off the China bashing for at least 1 second in this thread, if that is at all possible?

Götterdämmerung;3770417 said:
I know that people in Shanghai speak their dialect everywhere and my Chinese friends in Shanghai who are from different provinces don't understand a thing. So, dialects are not suppressed as you just claimed.

ok.. congratulations. Happy?

Back
Top Bottom