What's new

India is home to 3.3 million Bangladeshi immigrants: World Bank

Ingis

Reaction score
According to the Migration and Remittances Factbook 2011, 3.3 million Bangladeshis have immigrated to India making the Bangladesh-India border the world's fourth largest migration corridor and second largest in the world excluding the former Soviet Union (only behind US-Mexico border).

The full report can be found here --

http://siteresources.worldbank.org/INTPROSPECTS/Resources/334934-1199807908806/Top10.pdf

Hopefully, the Indo-Bangladeshi barrier will check the influx of these Bangladeshis into India.

According to the Migration and Remittances Factbook 2011, 3.3 million Bangladeshis have immigrated to India making the Bangladesh-India border the world's fourth largest migration corridor and second largest in the world excluding the former Soviet Union (only behind US-Mexico border).

The full report can be found here --

http://siteresources.worldbank.org/INTPROSPECTS/Resources/334934-1199807908806/Top10.pdf

Hopefully, the Indo-Bangladeshi barrier will check the influx of these Bangladeshis into India.

lmao
I am honestly on the floor right now hahaha

there are 5000000000000000000 billion Indians and growing and you're worried about 3 million?
You want pop'n control? Stop having babies.

lmao

there are 5000000000000000000 billion Indians and growing and you're worries about 3 million?

By your logic we should open our doors to every Tomn, DIck and Harry in the world, right?

BTW, this is not about population control.

These guys have started to alter our political landscape. They have formed voting blocks. They indulge in umpteen number of anti-social and anti-national activities as well.

lmao

there are 5000000000000000000 billion Indians and growing and you're worries about 3 million?

5000000000000 billions ? really ? That's the math they teach in Iran ?

You guys really need of get rid of the regime man . I will support the next protests whole heartedly .

About the news of 3.3 million , yeah we knew about it . Now what ? time to throw most of them out .

But will it happen ? I doubt .

lmao

Our fertility rate is 2.7 and will be 2.1 by 2015

By way, in maths the digit 0 does have value when placed on the right side of a numeral

well,these 33 lakhs bangladeshi immigrants are serious problem and are danger to West Bengal politically.......in future

Why dont WB govt find them and deport them back....???

Soon they will be a curse for the Bengal govt itself.....

Soon these immigrants will ask for a Islamic state from WB and Assam.....people of bengal should stand up and act....

If people and govt of bengal doesn't do anything to get rid of them,they then get ready to create a Islamic state carved out of WB......

Don't take this as a joke,But remember this is wat happened to kashmir...If u dont act now,then get ready to face the difficulties in future

imagine what will happening in the coming decades when water will start eating BD coastal areas ....

Well the Bengal provice is more than just Bangladesh. You about to have Bengladeshi views and polictal aspects in those areas. Its not a problem, you make peace, negoniate, talk, etc. If you view it as a threat then they view you as a threat also.

I thought BD was a land of milk and honey as per the BD posters.

So, what happened?

Pakistan has about the same number of Afghan refugees in Pakistan as well (3-4 million, 1.7 million of them are registered), but with 7 times less your population. Meaning Afghan refugees hurt Pakistan seven times more than what Bangladeshi immigrants hurt India. So what's with all this cribbing & complaining?

yeah ...and next you will hear soon by BD posters that those 3.3 million anti-society are YINDOOOOOOO who ran back to hindu land...

Most of them are Hindus. Many people in WB (Hindus and Muslims) have relatives in Bangladesh, some have properties too. Millions of people who came to India as refugee during partition and Bangladesh war are established now. So it is not that difficult for them to bring their relatives from BD and arrange documents for them. Due to some reason hindus in BD prefer to come in India if they have any option. Property price in places like Barasat is soaring high as they are selling their properties in BD and investing in these places. WB will be full of BD Muslims is just a political propaganda (i do not know about N-E). because number of hindus coming from BD are many more than Muslims and there are reasons I have already explained. BD Muslims generally come for work and in WB , there is hardly any scope for that. You will find many of them in Mumbai, Delhi or Bangaluru... One more thing ...bit bitter, the districts adjecent to BD are full of people who came as refugees. They would not allow the BD Muslims (many of them tormented them in BD) to get a foothold there...

Now it came down to 3.3 million from 20 million which was even as high as 50 million. where did all those poor people gone??? Is it another ethnic cleansing menace or what???

Feeling sorry for those poor Indians...

So long...

Back
Top Bottom