What's new

India is hiding its Covid crisis – and the whole world will suffer for it

The strategy adopted by India Government to counter COVID is herd immunity.

But the politicians in India are all ignorant of one factor - this delay will leads to rapid mutation of new variants.

This is the crisis facing India today and it may leads to new waves of pandemics spreading to the rest of the world.

But but but China bad, India is free democratic and open, no hiding, its just understating. You see the difference? I told many Indians will fck it up, it is a cultural thing, they will brag about CEOs and IT but deep down, they will fck up everything they touch, I know them very well. Chinese are performance driven, Indians are mouth driven. Realise he also emphasise face saving, the Indian face saving, can't lose out culture us even worse than a Hong Kong二.

Last edited:
But but but China bad, India is free democratic and open, no hiding, its just understating. You see the difference? I told many Indians will fck it up, it is a cultural thing, they will brag about CEOs and IT but deep down, they will fck up everything they touch, I know them very well. Chinese are performance driven, Indians are mouth driven. Realise he also emphasise face saving, the Indian face saving, can't lose out culture us even worse than a Hong Kong二.

well, the west loves India, the virus? so what, as long as it's democratic, it's good

just like their 'democratic' bombs, they are good things to bring 'human rights' to you

1620502966123.png

how is india 'hiding' anything when the whole world is able to see it in its entirety?

Crematoriums here claim that the last rites of 2,557 Covid victims from Bhopal district were performed in April, sharply contradicting the BJP-led state government's data which puts the Covid-19 deaths in the district last month at 104. The mammoth mismatch has given credence to claims of massive under-reporting of fatalities.

Managers of two crematoriums and a cemetery in Bhopal said the last rites of 3,811 people, including 2,557 Covid patients from Bhopal district, were performed in the city last month. Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Narottam Mishra has rubbished allegations of the Shivraj Singh Chouhan-led government under-reporting the deaths in the state.

"Altogether, 2,052 people were cremated at our facility last month. As many as 1,654 of them had died of Covid," crematorium secretary Mamtesh Sharma said. "These 1,654 bodies came from Covid-19 designated centres in air-tight plastic bags as per the protocol to prevent the spread of the disease," he said.

The Bhadbhada crematorium and the Zada cemetery in Bhopal were initially authorised to perform the last rites of Covid patients in the district, an official said. However, due to the rise in the fatalities, another crematorium, Subhash Nagar Vishram Ghat, was also allowed to conduct the last rites, he said.

"The last rites of 1,386 persons were performed at our crematorium last month. As many as 727 of them had died due to the virus," Subhash Nagar Vishram Ghat manager Sobhraj Sukhwani said. Rehan Golden, president of the Zada cemetery committee in Jahangirabad area said 373 burials, including those of 176 Covid victims, took place in the burial ground last month.

The official death toll in Bhopal district last month, collated using the daily bulletins issued by the Madhya Pradesh Government in April, comes to 104. As per the government records, the virus has so far claimed 742 lives in Bhopal since the first case last year. PTI
how is india 'hiding' anything when the whole world is able to see it in its entirety?
I think, numbers.. International media can see the impact, but has to rely on the numbers that come from Indian govt. Although, because they see many deaths, they start questioning govt. numbers.

well, the west loves India, the virus? so what, as long as it's democratic, it's good

just like their 'democratic' bombs, they are good things to bring 'human rights' to you
It seems that as long as you are 'demoocratic' and a Western stooge, you are pretty much immune to Western bashing, on the hindsight, western bashing actually made China better, with so much scrutiny, we had to prove our selves over and over again. I guess it is a blessing in disguise, we are never allowed to be complacent, a small mistake is amplified 1000x, but because of this we try our best to solve problems. As the Chinese saying goes real gold is never a fraid of fire. Lololol

Crematoriums here claim that the last rites of 2,557 Covid victims from Bhopal district were performed in April, sharply contradicting the BJP-led state government's data which puts the Covid-19 deaths in the district last month at 104. The mammoth mismatch has given credence to claims of massive under-reporting of fatalities.

Managers of two crematoriums and a cemetery in Bhopal said the last rites of 3,811 people, including 2,557 Covid patients from Bhopal district, were performed in the city last month. Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Narottam Mishra has rubbished allegations of the Shivraj Singh Chouhan-led government under-reporting the deaths in the state.

"Altogether, 2,052 people were cremated at our facility last month. As many as 1,654 of them had died of Covid," crematorium secretary Mamtesh Sharma said. "These 1,654 bodies came from Covid-19 designated centres in air-tight plastic bags as per the protocol to prevent the spread of the disease," he said.

The Bhadbhada crematorium and the Zada cemetery in Bhopal were initially authorised to perform the last rites of Covid patients in the district, an official said. However, due to the rise in the fatalities, another crematorium, Subhash Nagar Vishram Ghat, was also allowed to conduct the last rites, he said.

"The last rites of 1,386 persons were performed at our crematorium last month. As many as 727 of them had died due to the virus," Subhash Nagar Vishram Ghat manager Sobhraj Sukhwani said. Rehan Golden, president of the Zada cemetery committee in Jahangirabad area said 373 burials, including those of 176 Covid victims, took place in the burial ground last month.

The official death toll in Bhopal district last month, collated using the daily bulletins issued by the Madhya Pradesh Government in April, comes to 104. As per the government records, the virus has so far claimed 742 lives in Bhopal since the first case last year. PTI

I think, numbers.. International media can see the impact, but has to rely on the numbers that come from Indian govt. Although, because they see many deaths, they start questioning govt. numbers.

Every foreign/Indian journalist is allowed to enter every single hospital and report even from the ICU or crematoria. We would have stopped this first if we wanted to hide.

Fact- this situation is too chaotic for anyone to get numbers right. They will have to wait till everything comes together. That doesn't mean that they're being stopped from independently visiting theese places and report on ground.

Check what the chinese did during their wave- shut down the cities, stopped people from entering, full restrictions on reporting.
It seems that as long as you are 'demoocratic' and a Western stooge, you are pretty much immune to Western bashing, on the hindsight, western bashing actually made China better, with so much scrutiny, we had to prove our selves over and over again. I guess it is a blessing in disguise, we are never allowed to be complacent, a small mistake is amplified 1000x, but because of this we try our best to solve problems. As the Chinese saying goes real gold is never a fraid of fire. Lololol

you let loose a pandemic on the world...this is you 'solving problems'? I don't even want to know what not solving problems looks to you.

Hiding true numbers can only mean that Indian government is not really interested in managing this crisis effectively. It requires real numbers in order to handle a crisis towards a positive solution. All they are interested in is image control.

The strategy adopted by India Government to counter COVID is herd immunity.

But the politicians in India are all ignorant of one factor - this delay will leads to rapid mutation of new variants.

This is the crisis facing India today and it may leads to new waves of pandemics spreading to the rest of the world.
Agreed. A lock down would ruin their economy. Vaccinations will take many months to change the course. They will have to reach natural herd immunity for this outbreak to get under control. That will require 10-20 million deaths....making this one of the worst pandemic death tolls in history.
GOI is hiding and downplaying the extent.

Every foreign/Indian journalist is allowed to enter every single hospital and report even from the ICU or crematoria. We would have stopped this first if we wanted to hide.

Fact- this situation is too chaotic for anyone to get numbers right. They will have to wait till everything comes together. That doesn't mean that they're being stopped from independently visiting theese places and report on ground.

Check what the chinese did during their wave- shut down the cities, stopped people from entering, full restrictions on reporting.
You need to read the report I have shared without any bias.

If government is saying 104 in an area, and the number of crematoriums with covid protocols show 2,557, it's more than a discrepancy caused by a chaotic situation.

See man, it's your country, God forbid, if it was Pakistan, I would have criticized my own government. But its your decision of course. If you are happy with how the numbers and deaths are being reported, who am I to question you? 2,557 deaths @1.5% means over 300,000 symptomatic cases in just one area.. If your govt. closes eyes and doesn't plan for this number, less oxygen/ other stuff will be diverted to this area.

The devastating scenes we are watching all over the internet is because of this piss poor planning.. and a major reason for such planning is severe underreporting.

From the Guardian article -

"The crisis has been exacerbated by the government’s concealment of critical information. Between India’s long history of hiding and undercounting illness deaths and its much more recent history of restraining and suppressing the press, Modi’s administration has made it impossible to find accurate information about the virus’s hold in the country. Blocking that information will only hurt millions within the country. It will also stymie global efforts to stop the Covid-19 pandemic, and new variants of the virus, at India’s border."

I always suspect Indian numbers including the figures they cite for their economy and other acts of wizardry. For instance 3/4 years ago in this forum we used to dig India as street shitting paradise. All of sudden Modi waved his magic wand and India today is 100% open defecation free. Honest. I used to dig at Indians 2 years ago that they had 100,000s of Indians being used as man beasts pulling rickshaws. Well Modi again waved another wand and abracadebra the problem is gone. Although I have see vlogs of travellers to India and they are sat in a man articulated rickshaw. In addition you can see dozens of these. This article merely confirms for me the organized tampering and fabricating of statistics so the world can be given the narrative of "Shining India".

India today is 100% open defecation free

Well, around half of India's population used to piss/shit in open because they had no toilets at home. Foreigners mocked India and there comes Mr. Modi Magic with his multi billion dollar solution to tackle this problem once and for all. The solution was pretty simple - build public toilets. Yes, public toilets. Don't bother with having one or multiple toilets at home for everyone. Just build crappy public toilets so that people don't defecate in 'open'. 1 toilet for a population of 100/1000/10K whatever the figure. Build a million unhygienic crappy toilets and consider 100 million population covered. Miillion more and well, job done. I don't want to share/attach pictures of those toilets here. Some are way too disgusting and stupid, some are still 'open', some funny, some extremely funny. But if you are interested, just go to google images and type India public toilets and see for yourself.

PS: One of the reasons of their massive covid outbreak are their crappy unhygienic public toilets which is used by 100's / 1000's per day without any hygienic measures.

Well, around half of India's population used to piss/shit in open because they had no toilets at home. Foreigners mocked India and there comes Mr. Modi Magic with his multi billion dollar solution to tackle this problem once and for all. The solution was pretty simple - build public toilets. Yes, public toilets. Don't bother with having one or multiple toilets at home for everyone. Just build crappy public toilets so that people don't defecate in 'open'. 1 toilet for a population of 100/1000/10K whatever the figure. Build a million unhygienic crappy toilets and consider 100 million population covered. Miillion more and well, job done. I don't want to share/attach pictures of those toilets here. Some are way too disgusting and stupid, some are still 'open', some funny, some extremely funny. But if you are interested, just go to google images and type India public toilets and see for yourself.

PS: One of the reasons of their massive covid outbreak are their crappy unhygienic public toilets which is used by 100's / 1000's per day without any hygienic measures.
I believe you. The reason will be the motivation. Which will have been to conceal the problem as opposed to address it. By launching this much touted 'swatch' or whatever project the intention was to be able to brag "100% defecation free". Query any Indian member here and watch how they will give the partly line.

In fact I hear so much about Shining India and amazing stats that I even begin thinking that India has left Pakistan way behind. Only then I will watch some European do a vlog where he crosses from Pakistan into India across the Wagah border. I am aware that Indian Punjab is one of the most prosperous states in India. Yet the scenes I saw look to be a country either at best equal to Pakistan or even slightly below. But then Indians will cry on about Mars, Pluto and the most expensive house in Mumbai.

Back
Top Bottom