What's new

'India is a rising and responsible global power'- Obama

He is the ruler of Uncle Sams country.... And you better not pick fights with a country which spend close to half a trillion dollars on its military... ya and also the richest country in the world

that was my point buddy. responsible or irresponsible is nothing but a pretext to bully the others. the rich and powerful takes everyhing their way.

really? u trained mukti bhani in only two three months? impressed.
Actually,the average training period was just 10-15 days. The Mukti Bahini came into existence in mid April after establishment of Govt. of Bangladesh in exile, in Kolkata (Calcutta). Refer unclassified US docs for clarification.

so if siachin was a race which pak lost, kargil was a race which india lost. and also can i see where does your 'great commando' say all this? i wanna see wat else did he say.
How was Kargil a race? Or are you just arguing for the sake of arguing. Refer In The Line Of Fire, pg 68 and 69.

and no one is talking about pak being a responsible state or not. it was a comment made by obama for india.
The point however is that, if what you are saying about India is your thesis, then Pakistan stands as its antithesis.

is that the reason y no response?
What response did you expect?

no. u should welcome ur friend whom u actually thanked. the same guy who brought in 1971 and took us away from present.

dont be biased... comeon.... bring him to 2010 so i come back as well.
And his friend brought in 1971 to remind you what a state sponsored genocide looks like and that neither Gujrat nor Golden temple falls under the category of State sponsored genocide. Also, if this is all about 2010, what was the reference to Gujrat doing in this thread, or for that matter the comment, 'one genocide each decade'.

Trying to ride the high horse here, aren't we?

Well, take 2 current issues that US needs help.
N Korea and Iran. Is India a player ? At least Brazil and Turkey are now involved in Iran.
Even the current US financial crisis, India can't really help.
Not to mention India is also not a player in central Asia. Not even a member of the Shanghai cooperative organization.

As for Indian ocean. The worlds navy is already there to counter shoeless pirates in wooden boats. Even that cannot stop the pirates, can India?

Perhaps as a counter weight to China. Remotely.
India should know its limitations.

And I am not anti India!

With all due respects since u say ur not anti Indian read below..

The way u say, it means only if India has a roll to play in all issues related to US then only it can be termed as important else useless.

In North Korea/Iran, India may not have a significant role but it does have very important roles in Afghan,Pakistan,Myanmar,SriLanka,China, Bangladesh, IOR ,Bhutan etc. which may be more critical to US than the one's u mention because of nukes, trade routes, Humanitarian crisis,etc.

Also, if I say, that in 1990's India was the only country who had a role to play in Maldives against the terrorist and so US/any other country becomes of lesser value to India since it didnt play any role would be foolish.

And how do u know that India didn't play a role in salvaging the financial crisis?? Do u have any idea how Citi bank(just an example) which was down cutting jobs and selling property in other parts of the world was actually investing more and more during the period in India with huge benefits.

When we are called for G-7+G-4 summits,member of G-20 summits, have huge stakes in IMF, World bank which have wider scope than shanghai co-operation is it really that important? u say this as if Brazil/China is not important to the US/India?world, because its not a part of SAARC.

The pirate issue is totally different than the one I mention when it comes to a standoff between naval powers especially US and China. Check the below pics

U see all the major sea trade routes to SE asia, CHina ,Australia,Japan etc..have to cross IOR which can change the game in a war.

I would not post any further than this, if u need more info u can just google it, if u still consider that India is useless for US then just shrug off by saying US has no brains and be happy; but please don't post crap about India when we are not exaggerating our importance rather the world does it..

Washington, Jun 4 (PTI) Asserting that India is a rising and responsible global power, US President Barack Obama today said he firmly believed the relationship between the two counties will be a defining partnership in the 21st century.

"The United States values our partnership not because of where India is on a map but because of what we share and where we can go together.

India is indispensable to the future that we seek, a future of security and prosperity for all nations," Obama said in his address to the reception hosted by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, in honour of the External Affairs Minister, S M Krishna.

"That's why a third of my Cabinet has already visited India. That is why officials from across my administration are a part of this strategic dialogue.

fullstory

Yeah, any state supporting Israel and uncle sam's designs is a responsible state, those opposing that grand design are "axis of evil".
Those states which instigate and pursue noble goals such as the blockade of Gaza definitely deserve praise from people like obama. However, the days of reckoning for those so-called 'responsible states' are approaching, so hold your horse before indulging in euphoria.

Last edited:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom