What's new

India ill-set for war with China

The biggest hostilities and hatred and contempt displayed by Indians and Chinese for each other, happens on PDF.

True enough.

But why did Nehru reject Zhou Enlai's very fair offer, and choose to go for the Forward Policy instead?

Setting up Indian military posts far into Chinese territory in the Eastern sector, where India does not even claim any land?

Does that sounds reasonable to you?

True enough.

But why did Nehru reject Zhou Enlai's very fair offer, and choose to go for the Forward Policy instead?

Setting up Indian military posts far into Chinese territory in the Eastern sector, where India does not even claim any land?

I'm sure you know that both sides view the events differently. India has a different take on what happened. But the fact remains that there was an unnecessary war in 1962, one which India was not even prepared for. At the very least, I will concede that it was stupid off India to go to war without having the requisite military capability at that time. (Things changed in the late 60s though.)

There is no point in flogging that dead horse now, and this thread is about the present situation, whether India is prepared or not, and whether the disputes need to be addressed, and if so, how. The situation is very different today for both countries. Both countries have a lot to lose, and little to gain from a war. And both countries have tremendous military capability as well, which might be put to better use to deal with real threats and worthwhile conflicts. That's my opinion.

But it is not simply my opinion, but a fact that the thread is about today, not about 1963.

stop barking without knowing what happened. this thread was cleaned up.
I'l let the readers judge who is 'barking" and who is putting up posts of substance. You might want to quit this thread now and never return to it, to save yourself some embarassment. Of course, that's just a piece of advice - do what you want with it.

Last edited:
@janon Something wrong with your keyboard? The 2 in 1962 looks like a 3 to me. :D

There is something wrong with my keyboard, but that's not it. That was my mistake, I'll edit it.

Im not looking for your or the readers' acceptance dude. Lay off. I need your consent to have an opinion? dafuq are you?

No, you don't need my consent to have an opinion. Similarly I don't need you consent to tell you exactly what I think about your opinion. So don't tell me to lay off, because I am entitled to my opinions just as you are to yours, and I am entitled to call out the stupidity of your opinions. If you don't want your opinions to be criticized, then keep them to yourself - don't type it here. The moment you voice your opinion or put it in writing on the internet, somebody will criticize it, maybe even ridicule it. That's the nature of opinions.

True enough.

Nehru had unilaterally changed all maps in India showing Aksai Chin as part of India. he would come across as weak to the Indian public if he accepted China's offer. Remember this: Not only him, but no other Indian Leader will ever accept a change in our maps if they show lesser territory for India. That would be the end of their Political Career. They'll all rather agree for endless meetings and discussions to drag the issue every year.

I'm sure you know that both sides view the events differently.

The sources I put up are Indian and Western sources.

As you know, there is not much Chinese literature about the subject.

There is no point in flogging that dead horse now, and this thread is about the present situation, whether India is prepared or not, and whether the disputes need to be addressed, and if so, how. The situation is very different today for both countries. Both countries have a lot to lose, and little to gain from a war. And both countries have tremendous military capability as well, which might be put to better use to deal with real threats and worthwhile conflicts. That's my opinion.

Nobody wants a war.

Especially since China is gaining the most out of the current status quo, we are increasing more in terms of relative economic power than any other major country on the planet.

Why would we want to rock the boat by starting some kind of invasion, it makes no sense. Especially since our major threat perception comes from the Pacific.

Anyway, Indian leaders know that we made the offer and the concessions, we are ready anytime when they want to talk.

all thats fine but when you start 'speaking for all indians' you sound like a donkey. get that. I respect your opinion. i dont give a shit about you being a spokesperson. understand the difference between opinion and preaching.

And understand that I have a right to preach as well, just as you have a right to opine. There is no commandment on PDF that says "Thou shall not preach."

I repeat, I did not speak for all Indians. I did say that other Indians would be embarassed by your vainglorious threats, and I am right about that. That does not make me their spokesperson. By the way, when you kept saying "we will liberate Tibet" and all that crap, did you mean that you will personally do it, or were you talking for all Indians? Who authorized you to speak on behalf of India and make war plans?

So you see, we all talk about what our country may do or feel, but that doesn't mean we are becoming everybody's spokesperson. Now who looks like a donkey?

This is true.

Apparently everyone knows it except the Indians.
ya..really...we indian know how to live in peace hence we even gift you gulabjamun when your soldier visited our side...
you continually provoke us and when we try to have bilateral relation with japan you fret..and why..aren't you helping pakistan and when we say you don't listen so, why you fret now....
you should better understand if you want good relation with us than, you should stop bugging us..:tup::tup:

Nobody wants a war.

Especially since China is gaining the most out of the current status quo, we are increasing more in terms of relative economic power than any other major country on the planet.

Why would we want to rock the boat by starting some kind of invasion, it makes no sense. Especially since our major threat perception comes from the Pacific.

Anyway, Indian leaders know that we made the offer and the concessions, we are ready anytime when they want to talk.

That works both ways. India is also doing quite well, growing economically and militarily and culturally. You think India would want to rock the boat by going to war with a superior power at this time? Besides, as I said before, whatever is being contessted by the two countries, is really not that important for either country's people. It is very different from, say, Kashmir - Pakistanis fiercely want to get the whole Kashmir, it is very important for them, and Indians would die before giving it up. There are no such passions for the areas contested between India and China.

You must be empty up there as capturing Lhasa is a real war scenario that the Indian Army studies and actively plans for. If you think RAW is inactive in Tibet, you are a buffoon. Get in tune with reality. Unleashing hell in Tibet is no big deal for Indian Army. It is an active part of our war strategy.

Once again, your judgement of me embarrassing other Indians dont float. I cannot compensate for your ignorance. I dont give a shit if other Indians get embarrassed by what I say. They would seem to be as ignorant as you are to me. Comprande? Now fk off and stop lecturing.

Damn, you really do miss the point, don't you? The point was not whether Indian army actually has battle plans or not - but the fact that when you said "we will liberate tibet", you were referring to all Indians, and thereby being our spokesperson, which you were berating me for. I was pointing out that you do the same thing, and everybody else do too.

So statements like "if you think RAW is inactive in Tibet" etc are so completely off the mark that it's not even in the same zip code. At least try to get the point of the post before shooting wildly.

Repeat - you are entitled to your opinions, I am entitled to ridicule them. If you dont want to be criticized, dont put your silly opinions out here. It's quite simple really.

all thats fine but when you start 'speaking for all indians' you sound like a donkey. get that. I respect your opinion. i dont give a shit about you being a spokesperson. understand the difference between opinion and preaching.
@typoerror...I think you should quit now ... I am sure I sound like a donkey too. That's fine..with me.

A full scale war is an unrealistic scenario.

It would be a disaster for the region and for the world.

International trade will collapse, and we will be sent near to bankruptcy.

A full scale war is an unrealistic scenario.

It would be a disaster for the region and for the world.

International trade will collapse, and we will be sent near to bankruptcy.

One of the most rational comments in this thread. :tup:

The following is happening:

Strike corps (too slow IMHO)
Infrastructure (again too slow)
AGNI IV, V base set up in NE (slow again)
T90ms

Waiting for:

F INSAS
Artillery (Towed in trials, ultra light still waiting for signature, SPH not chosen)
Air defence (no movement beyond Akash)
Chinooks
Apaches

etc.

We already took AP easily by destroying the Indian Army in 1962.

You don't seem to know your own history. :lol:

Human wave and you would not have been able to keep the areas as India reinforces because your logistics broke .

And you ran back .

And still today, we regularly send Chinese troops deep into Indian territory for weeks at a time, and India bows to our demands every time.

Indian troops suspend patrols at Chumar - Times Of India

Proven to be BS .

Indian Army plays down China's dare at LAC, says patrolling going on

Any country with guts would not let foreign troops camp on their soil for several weeks at a time without arresting or evicting those soldiers.

India chose instead to give in to all our demands. Every time.

Not a single demand was agreed to. Usual chinese propaganda ...... :lol:

India made no concessions in Ladakh's Chumar region: China

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom