What's new

India has shown interest in V-22 Osprey tilt rotor aircraft : Boeing VP

IND151

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
799px-US_Navy_080220-N-5180F-015_A_Marine_Corps_MV-22_Osprey_prepares_to_land_aboard_the_amphibious_assault_ship_USS_Nassau_%28LHA_4%29.jpg

Boeing’s vice-president for international development Mark Kronenberg recently told a Prominent Aviation magazine that India has shown General interest in Boeing’s V-22 Osprey tiltrotor aircraft and Indian delegation did visited Boeing stall in recently held Farnborough International Airshow 2012 and had inquired about V-22 Osprey.

Kronenberg quickly added that India’s interest is general and India still now has not asked for detailed briefings on V-22 Osprey . In addition, Indian officials had also visited the V-22 aircraft during the Dubai air show in November 2011, where they asked questions about the aircraft.

Boeing also said that The V-22 would well suite to operations along India’s vast Himalayan frontier, where high altitudes and long distances hinder helicopter operations. sources close to idrw.org have informed that keen interest has been shown by Indian Navy and Boeing is ready for a flight presentation and briefing about the aircraft to Air force and Navy but India has still not provided any written request to Boeing on V-22 Osprey yet .

India has shown interest in V-22 Osprey tilt rotor aircraft : Boeing VP | idrw.org

What possible use can we have for the osprey ? Last i heard, the aircraft faces a few maintenance and operational difficulties.

But then again, I'm no expert.

V-22 Osprey is facing technical challenges..within few months,2 osprey crashed.also,it is damn costly..

What possible use can we have for the osprey ? Last i heard, the aircraft faces a few maintenance and operational difficulties.

Most probably for special ops acc to me, but even i am not an expert :D

The versatility of a helicopter and the speed of a prop plane. What it essentially is, a very fast helicopter.

Could double maybe triple the rapid response range ,needless to say ,this can be compensated with more forward heli pads in a defensive scenario.

The V22 is still in development and India should wait for further signs of needed improvements.

It's a caveman era plane

No wonder Indian wants it

Never miss a chance to flaunt ur ignorance.:tup:

more than just a few....i'd hope (or rather u'd hope) ur techies are up to task by now

its maintenance intensive; even the Americans have had some issues with these in the past

Well there was news about developing the V-22 osprey as an AEW platform. That can come in very handy for our STOBAR Aircraft carriers.

v22-1.jpg

getasset.aspx

Back
Top Bottom