What's new

India has dealt a killer blow to ties with Sri Lanka: Minister

Lankan GDP sunk in war time. So 8% growth isn't actual growth it's makeup of the lost growth. The real growth rate will be after 2012 after everything is settled. Hope it can maintain 8%

BTW educate yourself about growth rate of India. And I mean of economic year not of a quadrant.

Even there are terrorism problem, JVP violence and Tsunami (+ politicians corruptions) Sri Lanka in the good position in the region. Sri Lankan style is differ and Sri Lankans have unique style, living standard are better in the region, no extremely dirty roads, dirty rivers, air pollution. All the f***ing fun is here! :P

Even there are terrorism problem, JVP violence and Tsunami (+ politicians corruptions) Sri Lanka in the good position in the region. Sri Lankan style is differ and Sri Lankans have unique style, living standard are better in the region, no extremely dirty roads, dirty rivers, air pollution. All the f***ing fun is here! :P
If I am not mistaking Tourisim is the main industry in Lanka. So it's not in Lanka's favour to mount up the tensions in the area. A single bomb blast can spook away the tourist for the whole season. We have experienced it in Kashmir. I just not able to figure out why Mr. Rajpakshe is stretching things with India. Forget about hostile India if India turn blind sight on any group operating from its soil it will be nightmare for Sri Lanka

Welcome Sri Lanka. Pakistan and China appreciate the moves by Sri Lanka in recent years to cooperate and be friendly with it's neighbours

Unfortunately or fortunately they have one friend in north (India) and other in south (Diego Gratia, USA) All others are away.

Im sure they will not do stupid things like they committed in 1971.

Unfortunately or fortunately they have one friend in north (India) and other in south (Diego Gratia, USA) All others are away.

Im sure they will not do stupid things like they committed in 1971.
You are right,We can restart the LTTE whenever we want wherever we want in Sri Lanka if they start acting like John Wayne.

If I am not mistaking Tourisim is the main industry in Lanka. So it's not in Lanka's favour to mount up the tensions in the area. A single bomb blast can spook away the tourist for the whole season. We have experienced it in Kashmir. I just not able to figure out why Mr. Rajpakshe is stretching things with India. Forget about hostile India if India turn blind sight on any group operating from its soil it will be nightmare for Sri Lanka

Tourism isn't our main industry, it is going to be our main industry in the future.
India and Indians fear for the relationship we are having with China, Sri Lanka should think about Sri Lanka and its people's future and prosperity but not the security of another country.
Why do we Sri Lankans have to care about some other country's security interests and maintain our relationships with China?
If India is so powerful and have super military power then why India have this unnecessary fear about our relationship with China?
Even there will be a China vs India war or nuke wars, why do we Sri Lankans have to care about such things?

Even there will be a China vs India war or nuke wars, why do we Sri Lankans have to care about such things?

If i were a Sri Lankan , i would care about, in the event of a nuclear exchange , poisonous radiation clouds are going to pass onto Sri Lanka from India, by the Winter monsoon winds.

612monsoons.gif

This will create a mass exodus of people going in directions they perceive safe.

Every neighbor of India to escape the situation will migrate to a neighboring nation, where will Sri Lankans go?

what can india do to srilanak thts the real question ?????? well srilanka defo has showed a middle finger to india now............

No Lankans don't have care about India. We are not afraid of China. But that makes situation complex. By the way you can replace "India" with "Sri Lanka" and "China" with "LTTE". I don't think you will like India thinking like that.

India should think about its peoples future and prosperity but not the security interest and maintainance of our relationship with LTTE ?
If Sri Lanke is powerful and have super military power then It have the unnecessary fear about our relationship with LTTE and tamils in Lanka ?
Even there will be LTTE vs Lanka war why do we Indians have to care about it ?
Doesn't sound too bad does it now ?
Facts. India do help you against LTTE
You do help PN in its war time against India

No Lankans don't have care about India. We are not afraid of China. But that makes situation complex. By the way you can replace "India" with "Sri Lanka" and "China" with "LTTE". I don't think you will like India thinking like that.

India should think about its peoples future and prosperity but not the security interest and maintainance of our relationship with LTTE ?
If Sri Lanke is powerful and have super military power then It have the unnecessary fear about our relationship with LTTE and tamils in Lanka ?
Even there will be LTTE vs Lanka war why do we Indians have to care about it ?
Doesn't sound too bad does it now ?
Facts. India do help you against LTTE
You do help PN in its war time against India

If i were a Sri Lankan , i would care about, in the event of a nuclear exchange , poisonous radiation clouds are going to pass onto Sri Lanka from India, by the Winter monsoon winds.

612monsoons.gif

This will create a mass exodus of people going in directions they perceive safe.

Every neighbor of India to escape the situation will migrate to a neighboring nation, where will Sri Lankans go?

:lol: Good reason.
If there is a war between China or Pakistan, most damage will be happen to Northern Indian parts. I don't think southern Indian parts will effect major troubles.

If you think LTTE IS ELIMINATED. Then it's different.
Power flows by the barrel was the old quote. Now power flow by the stash of money.

If there is a war between China or Pakistan, most damage will be happen to Northern Indian parts. I don't think southern Indian parts will effect major troubles.
Reverse monsoon go right over Lanka dude. And in case of Nuclear war happen. It will big very big. So start digging bunkers :)

It should be the opposite of this saying:

"By trying to play the China card, SL has landed in a big soup with its immediate neighbor".

I think we'd first prefer to protect our own people rather than keep worrying about a nation that tries to blackmail us.

In a nuclear strike Southern India will be treated as an equal target because India's strategic industries such as missile production etc are based in the South.

While North India has concentration of Indian military assets.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom