What's new

India Hangs 1993 Mumbai Bomb Plotter Yakub Memon

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1438256693.306666.jpg

He was given Upma in the breakfast which he ate "hesitatingly" , after all who would not want to live several years more.

Problem what I see in capital punishment is that, while it may send a signal of zero tolerance attitude towards terrorism, it further aggravates a problem of more attacks given the pathetic state of our internal security. Also, it blocks any such occurrence in future where our Intel can pursue potential approvers to be brought to India back.

Works perfectly well in the U.S. Our problem is our failures in a more general, larger front.

As for no capital punishment, I simply don't agree with that argument. Firstly India is no Europe, the number of people who will happily do time in prison after murder without feeling any loss of personal liberty is not insubstantial. In any case I have never understood the moral argument against capital punishment because all that the states abolishing capital punishment are doing is just stopping judicially sanctioned executions, not all executions. Countries that either have an army or arm police with guns are in a weird limbo actually. Quite a few of these countries are happy participating in military adventures where they kill a lot of people, including unarmed civilians & not think much of it. Such a intellectually lazy idea. What does a state which has banned capital punishment do in the case of a hostage situation where there was a risk to the hostages? Would it not "execute" the hostage taker? Funny that it is ok to execute at the level of the police but not through a considered judicial review.

So sad. He dint deserve death. RIP.

The real culprits who deserve death are Dawood and Tiger b!tch.

They were not allowed to attend other wise whole of Mumbai had attended and it was a wise decision.

It's actually not a very big crowd. I know mahim quite well. This is a small crowd by its standards.

I don't know was the reason to hang him on the same day he was born
Why kill him when he himself surrender and gave the inside how everything was done and he is just messenger why kill the messenger

So sad. He dint deserve death. RIP.

The real culprits who deserve death are Dawood and Tiger b!tch.

They were not allowed to attend other wise whole of Mumbai had attended and it was a wise decision.

Not at all...he is a terrorist..in India, terrorists are not revered.

I hope he gets proper burial.

Why he is call terrorist because he was a Muslim and try to fight with corrupt government which supported Hindu to kill Muslim in 1993 riots .
Where are the punishment of that Hindus who kill Muslim rape them burn them alive where is the justice
This is what to expect of RAM RAJ.

How many people are in death row then why hand pick only Muslim is there any message the government want to deliver.
Rajiv Gandhi killer is still alive fed every day idli dosa for free

Why he is call terrorist because he was a Muslim and try to fight with corrupt government which supported Hindu to kill Muslim in 1993 riots .
Where are the punishment of that Hindus who kill Muslim rape them burn them alive where is the justice
This is what to expect of RAM RAJ.

He is terrorist because he killed 257 innocent people. period...that is how things work in India. Anybody...be it Hindu, Muslim or Sikh who do that is a terrorist.

Back
Top Bottom