What's new

India: Gujarat riots records 'destroyed'

Many times more minorities were murdered and an army was given orders to exterminate a minority in 1971 too, but thats still offtopic. So talk on topic or shove it.

genocide2.JPG

The farks going on in this photo:confused:

Who will benifit? Narendra modi, the cold blooded murderer will.

Modi will get elected as PM with the help of Hindu who dont care about his crime against Muslims and support him. Obviously if Gujarat was a Muslims majority state then we could see a different result. 100 hindus on one side and 25 Muslims on other side and in democracy majority win even if the winner did crime against minority

Ms Patel and others will fight the good fight and make sure modi - is answerable for his crimes.

Inshallah !!!

Your reply is great mashallah.

India's "modern-day Nero" prospers

He was accused of being a "modern-day Nero" who sat back while thousands of Muslims were butchered, but Narendra Modi has not only survived as chief minister of India's western state of Gujarat, he has prospered.

Middle-class Hindus in Gujarat have put behind them the horrific communal riots of 2002, as they grow richer in a state that has become a model of economic development and attracted investment from India's biggest industrialists, analysts say.

"The middle-class attitude is shorn of any moral compunction when it comes to the riots," said Gagan Sethi, head of the Center for Social Justice, a local group fighting for the riot-affected.

"Their apathy has only emboldened Modi."

Human rights groups say some 2,500 people, mostly Muslims, were beaten or burned to death in the western state of Gujarat five years ago, although officials put the toll at about 1,000.

The riots erupted after a fire broke out on a train carrying Hindu pilgrims on February 27, 2002, killing 59 people.

India's Supreme Court compared Modi to Roman Emperor Nero, remembered in popular legend as playing his lyre while Rome burned. Modi's Hindu-nationalist government looked elsewhere while innocent people were burning and was probably deliberating how to protect the killers, it said in a 2004 judgment.

The United States revoked a visa for Modi the following year, on the grounds that he was responsible for severe violations of religious freedom. But that has not deterred some of India's leading industrialists from courting and praising Modi.

"Industry doesn't concern itself with questions of political morality or ethics or even justice," said Zoya Hasan, an eminent academician and member of the National Commission on Minorities.

Five years after the riots, and despite a national outcry, little has been done to catch the culprits, rights groups say, leaving Muslims in Gujarat disillusioned, alienated and afraid.

Modi has put himself forward as a champion of right-wing economics, a popular platform among a people famous throughout India for their business acumen, not least in the diamond trade.

"So long as he makes money, his business flourishes, the middle-class Gujarati Hindu is happy," said Nisad Ahmed Ansari, a Persian scholar and politician. "They skirt moral issues."

BOOMING ECONOMY

Under Modi's leadership, Gujarat has become one of India's fastest growing states, with some of its best infrastructure. His government has turned around several loss-making state-run companies and boasts impressive rates of job creation.

Industry says it supports Modi because he helps them.

"Gujarat today is about good governance, pro-active bureaucracy, solid infrastructure," Pankaj R. Patel, head of the Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Industry, told Reuters.

"There is political will to prosper economically."

But all this means little for the state's 5.2 million Muslims, virtually relegated to second-class citizenship, many of whom pursue either menial jobs or small businesses from their ghettos.

Modi's success feeds off a history of communal tension in a state which was invaded and plundered over the centuries, mostly by Muslims.

"In Modi, middle-class Gujaratis found a hero who first successfully projected Muslims as the villains and then assured them protection from that community," Sethi said.

In the streets of Ahmedabad, the state's main city, many Hindus say their chief minister has done them proud.

"Modi-ji says today we can go anywhere with our heads held high and we don't need to worry about Muslims. It is true," said Hitenbhai Patel, an Ahmedabad shop owner.

India's main opposition Bharatiya Janata Party, to which Modi belongs, has stood by the chief minister since the riots, even though its leaders have described the 2002 violence as a stain on the country's image.

Modi's office turned down a request for an interview, but the chief minister has repeatedly said his only consideration is to promote economic growth without favoring one section of the community over another.

"I do nothing for Muslims or for Hindus," he told the Times of India this month. "Whatever I do, I do for 50 million Gujaratis."

Five years on, India's modern-day Nero prospers | Reuters

^^ I take your Modi and raise you a Zia, Musharaff, Bhutto and all the wonderful leaders who ran off to england ... after plundering and murderous reigns. when was the last time an Indian PM ran away from his motherland or were indicted or convicted as criminals?

Modi will get elected as PM with the help of Hindu who dont care about his crime against Muslims and support him. Obviously if Gujarat was a Muslims majority state then we could see a different result. 100 hindus on one side and 25 Muslims on other side and in democracy majority win even if the winner did crime against minority

In these forums I have asked Pakistan Muslims to comment on godhra train burning which was the trigger for guj riot. No one seems to want to answer it because they all know that the fault lies with Muslims. Modi did a grt job in quelling riots in three days. Also no member replies to 250 Hindus killed in violence and over 100 who where shot by modis police. Until I get a reply from our pakee brothers doesn't make sense to respond to their unnecessary rants.

In these forums I have asked Pakistan Muslims to comment on godhra train burning which was the trigger for guj riot. No one seems to want to answer it because they all know that the fault lies with Muslims. Modi did a grt job in quelling riots in three days. Also no member replies to 250 Hindus killed in violence and over 100 who where shot by modis police. Until I get a reply from our pakee brothers doesn't make sense to respond to their unnecessary rants.

they will not answer it
it was muslims who triggered riots by burning godhra
they thought hindus will be quiet by this but it backfired

modi as pm ,bjp in center
golden days for india

vote for bjp

If muslims want revenge for some 1000's killed and whine everyday

if we hindus want revenge for those million hindus killed my muslim...

There will not even a single muslim breathing in India...

Hey but we r not muslim to murder millionsof people in the name of religion...
And also these SO called Indian Muslims...are nothing but converted ones from Hinduism

Only a genius like you can compare a contemporary event to something that may or may not have taken place more than 260 yeas ago. You sure beat women in pulling stuff from past !!

There is actually an Aesop's Fable about it,

i036_th.jpg

A stray Lamb stood drinking early one morning on the bank of a woodland stream. That very same morning a hungry Wolf came by farther up the stream, hunting for something to eat. He soon got his eyes on the Lamb. As a rule Mr. Wolf snapped up such delicious morsels without making any bones about it, but this Lamb looked so very helpless and innocent that the Wolf felt he ought to have some kind of an excuse for taking its life.

"How dare you paddle around in my stream and stir up all the mud!" he shouted fiercely. "You deserve to be punished severely for your rashness!"

"But, your highness," replied the trembling Lamb, "do not be angry! I cannot possibly muddy the water you are drinking up there. Remember, you are upstream and I am downstream."

"You do muddy it!" retorted the Wolf savagely. "And besides, I have heard that you told lies about me last year!"

"How could I have done so?" pleaded the Lamb. "I wasn't born until this year."

"If it wasn't you, it was your brother!"

"I have no brothers."

"Well, then," snarled the Wolf, "It was someone in your family anyway. But no matter who it was, I do not intend to be talked out of my breakfast."

And without more words the Wolf seized the poor Lamb and carried her off to the forest.

The tyrant can always find an excuse for his tyranny.

The unjust will not listen to the reasoning of the innocent.

In your coocoo world Muslims are guilty, well Einstein what did the Sikhs in last 500 years do to hurt your feeling ?

^^ hehe... The reason for the riots has been posted by me 2 posts above. Its not because of 1000 years ago or the hundreds of millions of Hindus you murdered. godhra that's the reason

You guys did more damage to the Sikh community in 1984, then we did to their regiments in 1962.

Similarly you guys did more damage to Tibetens than.... Nope. We didn't do damage to Tibetens we have them in armed forces Indo-Tibeten Border police.

Only a genius like you can compare a contemporary event to something that may or may not have taken place more than 260 yeas ago. You sure beat women in pulling stuff from past !!

There is actually an Aesop's Fable about it,

i036_th.jpg

A stray Lamb stood drinking early one morning on the bank of a woodland stream. That very same morning a hungry Wolf came by farther up the stream, hunting for something to eat. He soon got his eyes on the Lamb. As a rule Mr. Wolf snapped up such delicious morsels without making any bones about it, but this Lamb looked so very helpless and innocent that the Wolf felt he ought to have some kind of an excuse for taking its life.

"How dare you paddle around in my stream and stir up all the mud!" he shouted fiercely. "You deserve to be punished severely for your rashness!"

"But, your highness," replied the trembling Lamb, "do not be angry! I cannot possibly muddy the water you are drinking up there. Remember, you are upstream and I am downstream."

"You do muddy it!" retorted the Wolf savagely. "And besides, I have heard that you told lies about me last year!"

"How could I have done so?" pleaded the Lamb. "I wasn't born until this year."

"If it wasn't you, it was your brother!"

"I have no brothers."

"Well, then," snarled the Wolf, "It was someone in your family anyway. But no matter who it was, I do not intend to be talked out of my breakfast."

And without more words the Wolf seized the poor Lamb and carried her off to the forest.

The tyrant can always find an excuse for his tyranny.

The unjust will not listen to the reasoning of the innocent.

In your coocoo world Muslims are guilty, well Einstein what did the Sikhs in last 500 years do to hurt your feeling ?

lol trying to defend the indefensible...
World know wat damages and violent muslims where and are now...

how many millions of sikhs were killed???
Were they killed on religions reason,..?NO
It was political riots..
And about gujurat..how many millions were killed ??? ah?
1000...reason???
Burning of godhra..who's fault...those emuslims they pulled stone on themselves

And how many HIndus were killed??Millions .
why ??
Becoz they were non-muslim...

And wat harm did buddhist make???
Killed them also..

Lets take the numbers
3000 sikhs n 1000 Muslims=4000

But wat about lakhs of them killed by muslim fanatics???

And btw are u a female babysitter??
u say nice stories..
In US people need baby sitters
U can earn some good sum..

And the reason for Gujurat Riots is ...Godhra...that's it..
why did muslims kill innocent piligrims in train???
Try to follow their ancestore like mohhamad ghori eh??

You guys did more damage to the Sikh community in 1984, then we did to their regiments in 1962.

Just for this there are lakhs and lakhs of Sikhs serving in Indian Army ehh??? great great.....but one sad thing they know that it was a political riot and not alienation of their religion....try something else...

Lie, Its proved in front of law that it was done by some bad person (Who unfortunately was Muslim ) and many ppl have been prosecuted..

On 22 February 2011 a special court convicted 31 people for perpetrating the burning. Another 63 people, including the key accused, Maulvi Umarji, were acquitted by the special court. However the other prominent people to be accused Haji Billa and Rajjak Kurkur were convicted.[28] The court upheld that the incident had been a planned conspiracy, explicitly citing the "scientific evidence, statement of witnesses, circumstantial and documentary evidence," upholding the Nanavati report, and discrediting the Banerjee commission.[28] The special public prosecutor was satisfied with the verdict.[29]

The special court pronounced the death penalty for 11 of the convicted while the 20 others were awarded life sentences on 1 March.[30]

In the wake of the verdict the Indian government introduced tight security over much of Gujarat – this has involved 15,000 extra police being deployed

Source :
Burke, Jason (22 February 2011). "Godhra train fire verdict prompts tight security measures". The Guardian (London). Retrieved 24 February 2011.
"Godhra case: Court rules death for 11, 20 imprisoned for life". Ahmedabad: The Indian Express. March 1, 2011. Retrieved March 1, 201

The whole Article is bunch of lie. Please delete this thread, One can not post a thread based on lie or personal belief...

Yes, yes, yes, please delete the thread. It's too embarrassing for our indian friends!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom