What's new

India: Flavors of Arabia hit Indian palate

Thanks bro, yes first video is a restaurant in Trichy which is more central TN...so the popularity is spreading well everywhere. I will have to try that one at some point for sure...food looks good! The guy at the grill is saying they use a cpl local masala mixes as well so could likely be somewhat a fusion concept too.

Also they were discussing it will help with both Arab tourists visiting area (trichy is a historic cultural city of TN) and also those returning from work in the Gulf. Hope more arab tourists venture into more of India with time...there is much to see and experience!....and folks like these guys are setting the early "roads" so to speak.

Yes its too bad about the trolls here corrupting the thread!

Well said bro. I am yet to visit India myself but I would like to visit Kerala in particular and Goa. Basically the regions that Arabs have had millennia old trade ties with. Hyderabad as well.

This also seems like the most developed parts of India. Correct me if I am wrong here.

Well said bro. I am yet to visit India myself but I would like to visit Kerala in particular and Goa. Basically the regions that Arabs have had millennia old trade ties with. Hyderabad as well.

This also seems like the most developed parts of India. Correct me if I am wrong here.

Yup you can't go wrong with malabar coast + goa...can add bombay, hyderabad and delhi/agra as well for sure.

All have lot of connections with arab culture and are well traversed by people from the gulf these days. But you are right that kerala (malabar) given the ancient spice trade etc...has an especially long historic connection to the Arab region....you should feel quite at home, they are hospitable folk too. There are many resources, and you have posted many already I remember, that give Arab tourist experience + tips for new visitors to Kerala etc...that are very helpful.

for fucks sake, stop fighting over cuisines, both Pakistani n Arab cuisines are great, here in Australia whenever we eat out, its lebanese food, we cant get Pakistani here in resturants so we opt for lebanese, indian food sucks here. Goras gobble it up yet it repulses me. Dont confuse Pakistani cuisine with Indian, they are miles apart.

Yup you can't go wrong with malabar coast + goa...can add bombay, hyderabad and delhi/agra as well for sure.

All have lot of connections with arab culture and are well traversed by people from the gulf these days. But you are right that kerala (malabar) given the ancient spice trade etc...has an especially long historic connection to the Arab region....you should feel quite at home, they are hospitable folk too. There are many resources, and you have posted many already I remember, that give Arab tourist experience + tips for new visitors to Kerala etc...that are very helpful.

Cuisine, tourism and people to people relations can help enhance bonds of friendship and cordial coexistence.

Many people forget that Arabia and South Asia traded for at least 5 millennia. Since the time of Sumer, Magan, Dilmun which were contemporaries of the IVC, although Sumer and Dilmun are a bit older.

Similarly with Western and Southern India. For instance it was no coincidence that one of the first mosques built outside of the Arab world was built in South India. Later China followed (Guangzhou). Not a coincidence either.

https://www.harappa.com/answers/was...etween-harappans-and-mesopotamians-direct-one

https://www.penn.museum/sites/exped...zation-and-dilmun-the-sumerian-paradise-land/

It is a very interesting history, especially if you include the Indian Ocean trade.

I hope that differences can be overcome.

I also read that Arab countries were quick to offer help to Kerala during those unfortunate floods not long ago.

South Indians have a good reputation in KSA. Majority of people from India in the GCC are from Kerala and South India. I have noticed that South Indians on PDF seem to be more knowledgeable, less ignorant and know their history.

It also seems that South India is the best performing region of India overall. Most of the negative news that you hear from India, correct me if I am wrong, does that not originate from Northern India?

The South seems to be more tolerant. Less caste system (if any, not sure about that as well), fewer Hindu conservatives, no obsession about beef etc.

Anyway it is hard for me to judge when I am yet to visit India. All I know about India is what I have read, heard and from my interactions with Indians in the GCC and the West. If visits to Indian restaurants count in both places, then that should also be mentioned.:lol::enjoy:

Last edited:
Kabsa. Great choice. Try the seafood version as well and my favorite (lamb).

Do you guys have samosas as well?

800.000 views.

Or Murtabak?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murtabak

Also try authentic Arabian coffee (coffee beans roasted on fire) with cardamom.;)

Great stuff. Thanks for the share mate. Kerala and Arabia have had millennia old trade ties.
Kabsa. Great choice. Try the seafood version as well and my favorite (lamb).

Do you guys have samosas as well?

800.000 views.

Or Murtabak?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murtabak

Also try authentic Arabian coffee (coffee beans roasted on fire) with cardamom.;)

Great stuff. Thanks for the share mate. Kerala and Arabia have had millennia old trade ties.
Yeah, we have plenty of samosas here. But that's more like a snack.
Looking at some of the menus, I just realised that almost all of the clubs do have some of the common Arabic stuff. A lot of the grilled chicken and lamb varieties are apparently Arabic style. I'm so used to it that I didn't notice.
Yeah, have had plenty of arabic coffee. We have a countrywide coffee chain that has it on menu, aside from random cafes.

This reminds me- do try the hyderabadi biryani(Indian), or changezi chicken, if you get the chance. Some of the best dishes out there.

If any of you guys live in the US, check out the Lebanese cuisine in Dearborn, Michigan. This is the best Arabic food and sweets you can find here in the states.

muslim-shops__1224195556_9475.jpg

Shatilla bakeries is famous all over the US for their baklava.

63eb2637481889e7d1ed6d750265e07a.jpg

Dearborn also has the largest Masjid in the US. It is a Shia masjid, Sunnis pray there all the time.

gettyimages-112784431.jpg

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom