What's new

'India first' is my definition of secularism, Narendra Modi tells NRIs

Also if you are saying the Hinduism as any agenda is bad the its exactly same as Islam as agenda in Pakistan, Imran Khan style. Soft n peaceful Islam. exactly the same.

Whether development and Hinduism are linked is not relevant to my point. I also don't care if Modi is an openly devout Hindu; that's his personal choice.

The only issue is whether he would elevate Hinduism above other religions in an official capacity, and I believe he will try to. The route he will take is to declare Hinduism a cultural construct, to bypass constitutional safeguards on secularism.

Whether development and Hinduism are linked is not relevant to my point. I also don't care if Modi is an openly devout Hindu; that's his personal choice.

The only issue is whether he would elevate Hinduism above other religions in an official capacity, and I believe he will try to. The route he will take is to declare Hinduism a cultural construct, to bypass constitutional safeguards on secularism.
And exactly to ur point i have explained earlier why he wont, with support reasons. Do read bout how religion and development together is like walking on thin line.

Also as we say this to Pakistan coz we believe constitutionally that RELIGION AND POLITICS are Different. Modi has put all Religious stuff on backburner just for Development factor. You can go thru his recent comments.

Bottomline is, Dont compare todays Modi with that of 10 yrs back. Then he wasnt in a position to control things. Today he is. Also, its proved in court that he was nowhere responsible for the massacre but just paralysed due to circumstance. I hope Pakistanis know what does being 'Victim of Circumstance' mean.

And exactly to ur point i have explained earlier why he wont, with support reasons. Do read bout how religion and development together is like walking on thin line.

By 'promoting Hinduism' I don't mean he wants to kill off non-Hindus. It simply means promoting Hindu concepts and ideology in an official capacity, through school curricula, for example. Their philosophy is not to kill off non-Hindus, but to "convert them back" over the next generations.

Now, there's nothing wrong with private Hindu organizations trying to convert people, but the public schools and government shouldn't be part of it. That's the part where Modi's agenda comes in.

P.S. As for the Riots, we'll just have to disagree.

By 'promoting Hinduism' I don't mean he wants to kill off non-Hindus. It simply means promoting Hindu concepts and ideology in an official capacity, through school curricula, for example. Their philosophy is not to kill off non-Hindus, but to "convert them back" over the next generations.

Now, there's nothing wrong with private Hindu organizations trying to convert people, but the public schools and government shouldn't be part of it. That's the part where Modi's agenda comes in.

P.S. As for the Riots, we'll just have to disagree.
Ohh Bhai. I dint know ur concepts are shaken.

1st of all that has never been the case. School curriculum dont have geeta verses. They are pretty westernised unless its a gurukul. And gurukul curriculum is irrespective of type of govt.

Also, there is nothing called conversion in Hinduism. Its not an Abrahmic religion. You need to understand the concepts 1st.

Only thing that we have seen in Hinduism about conversion is only for marriages if a person want to. And that too is not conversion, its only shuddhikaran for being able to perform religious rites that happen in marriages. Thats it. Hinduism can be practised or believed by anyone without being stern to it in the future.

For Eg: A hindu like me use to go to his school church everymorning and pray. Whenever i pass a Mosque, I read some shlokas on my way. For me shlokas is for adressing to God and God can be in any religious shrine. Maybe Temple, Mosque, Church, etc. When I go to mazhars like Haji Ali, I get sprinkeld by the holi water. And when I go to Temple in my society, its natural i pray in hindu style.

Same is for any other religion person on his concern. He can visit Temple if he want and has no, 'strict actions to be taken before'. Nothing like conversion to offer prayer in Temple.

So actually Hinduism is, u can say, RELIGIOUSLY LIBERAL kind. So i dont see your point holding any logic or ground. In other words, thats not how Hinduism work. ITS NOT A RELIGION BUT WAY OF LIFE. If u understand Paganism, it only says pray where ever you find divine. Fire, Water, Stone, etc etc. Hence, Hindus are actually not limited to any particular shrine or way of life. Every divine thing has its own ways and rituals. Thats why, India is the only place with PLURALISM. and thats why its the only place where All cultures, Religions, etc has till date co existed and will do forever. Pakistanis mite not understand this coz they see things in their personal perspective as you thot bout Hinduism similar to Abrahmic.

Regarding fundamentalists, they have a syndrome to be the kings and rulers and people following their style. So exclude them, no matter what religion, out of actual definitions.

When a person says "I AM INDIA FIRST" -it means a person subscribes to India's secular democratic principles

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom