India fears cyber attack by Pakistani hackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spring Onion

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
NEW DELHI: India on Thursday said it has warned the defence services, financial institutions and private sector organisations of a possible cyber attack by Pakistani hackers.

Minister of State for Telecom and IT Sachin Pilot said: "Intelligence agencies recently issued a warning against large scale cyber attacks by Pakistani hacker groups from March 31, 2010, to April 6, 2010, targetting websites of Indian organisations."

Under attack are also financial institutions, PSUs and Internet service providers, he told the Rajya Sabha.

During the said period, a total 330 websites were defaced.

However, only four websites belonged to government organisations, he said in a written reply to the house.

The minister said the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In), which detects cyber security threats in the country, has already issued an advisory circulated to all Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs) in the government and prominent private sector organisations.

He said the ministries and departments have been advised to audit their IT systems regularly to ensure robustness of their systems.

The government has formulated a Crisis Management Plan for countering cyber attacks and cyber terrorism, which is under implementation by all ministries and departments of the central and state governments and critical sectors.

Read more: India fears cyber attack by Pakistani hackers - India - The Times of India India fears cyber attack by Pakistani hackers - India - The Times of India

There is nothing to fear from Pakistan hackers. At most they can deface a website and put up same painting of their own or write some stupid warning.

The real threat are the Chinese hackers.

These guys got nothing better to do.

These are our famous "non state actors"
Appologies in advance :D :D :D

Pakistani hackers tend to only go on huge barrage/offensive when Pakistani sites are attacked by hindustanys

I will confess, Pakistani hackers often retaliate disproportionately --but they are only reacting to initial hindustany misbehaviour.

so if hindustan is fearing --then they should control their own hackers. I wouldnt expect them to, because you can't really stop somebody somewhere from going on a computer and testing network security of other websites

a couple years back i did establish contact with members of Pak-Bugs and the Cyber Army --latter group has people in Saudi and they generally group together and retaliate en-masse when indian hackers deface Pakistani sites.

Pretty talented individuals actually; the State should be taking these people and giving them grants in order to promote R&D; perhaps use them as figureheads to help diagnose network security flaws etc.

defacing municipal/govt./etc. sites is immature, but through every action comes reaction. They attack us, they will be attacked much harder.

Pakistani hackers tend to only go on huge barrage/offensive when Pakistani sites are attacked by hindustanys

I will confess, Pakistani hackers often retaliate disproportionately --but they are only reacting to initial hindustany misbehaviour.

so if hindustan is fearing --then they should control their own hackers. I wouldnt expect them to, because you can't really stop somebody somewhere from going on a computer and testing network security of other websites

a couple years back i did establish contact with members of Pak-Bugs and the Cyber Army --latter group has people in Saudi and they generally group together and retaliate en-masse when indian hackers deface Pakistani sites.

Pretty talented individuals actually; the State should be taking these people and giving them grants in order to promote R&D; perhaps use them as figureheads to help diagnose network security flaws etc.

defacing municipal/govt./etc. sites is immature, but through every action comes reaction. They attack us, they will be attacked much harder.

Childish game was started by bhartis and now they are blaming others.

Childish game was started by bhartis and now they are blaming others.

But of course!

I agree with you...these evil Yahoodi..Yindhu and Yankees are spoiling the world.

I am really sick of this...anyone who thinks there can be peace between India and Pakistan needs to come to this forum and read all the comments by Jana and co.

I am even beggining to hate that cute girl in her pic.

reports are there that Chinese hackers are backed by govt.

it is necessary to have cyber security both for internal and external threats.

lol many members of pakbugs were arrested last month,including the notorious zombie _ksa for stealing money from credit cards of pakistani citizens.
@jana
Most of the time cyber attacks were initiated by pakistani hackers.Just check out the history of major cyber attacks on indian and pakistani government/govt related websites,you can understand.

NEW DELHI: India on Thursday said it has warned the defence services, financial institutions and private sector organisations of a possible cyber attack by Pakistani hackers.

Minister of State for Telecom and IT Sachin Pilot said: "Intelligence agencies recently issued a warning against large scale cyber attacks by Pakistani hacker groups from March 31, 2010, to April 6, 2010, targetting websites of Indian organisations."

Under attack are also financial institutions, PSUs and Internet service providers, he told the Rajya Sabha.

During the said period, a total 330 websites were defaced.

However, only four websites belonged to government organisations, he said in a written reply to the house.

The minister said the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In), which detects cyber security threats in the country, has already issued an advisory circulated to all Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs) in the government and prominent private sector organisations.

He said the ministries and departments have been advised to audit their IT systems regularly to ensure robustness of their systems.

The government has formulated a Crisis Management Plan for countering cyber attacks and cyber terrorism, which is under implementation by all ministries and departments of the central and state governments and critical sectors.

Read more: India fears cyber attack by Pakistani hackers - India - The Times of India India fears cyber attack by Pakistani hackers - India - The Times of India

Paranoia!!!!!!!!!!!! India seems to be paranoid!

I am really sick of this...

anyone who thinks there can be peace between India and Pakistan needs to come to this forum and read all the comments by Jana and co.

I am even beggining to hate that cute girl in her pic.

my my!! Jana ji really struck a chord!! :D:D

the next war between Pakistan and the neighbour will be fought over comments made on this defence forum maybe

toledanogunman.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom