What's new

India Favoring Additional Rafale Jets Over Russian Stealth Fighter?

ashok321

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Untitled.png

Link: CLICK HERE

The Indian Air Force (IAF) is planning to acquire an additional 36 Dassault Rafale jets over the proposed procurement of Russia’s Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft (FGFA).

Times of India quoting Indian MoD sources said that the IAF has made “some presentations” on the operational need to procure 36 additional Rafales, with the force contending the French fighters would prove to be much cheaper than the proposed FGFA to be developed with Russia.

The report said that the IAF has started to pitch for acquiring another 36 Rafale fighters after it gets the first 36 jets under the 7.87 billion euro contract signed with France last September. The additional jets will cost just over 60% of the original acquisition price.

“But no final decision as yet has been taken on either the 36 more Rafales or the FGFA project,” the report quoted an unnamed MoD source as saying.

The 36 jets, which can also deliver nuclear weapons, are slated for delivery from November 2019 to mid-2022. IAF has told MoD that the infrastructure coming up at the proposed Rafale bases at Hasimara and Ambala can accommodate two Rafale squadrons each. “This will cut down the induction costs of the 36 additional fighters,” said the source.

However, an earlier report in the Hindustan Times said that defence ministry panel to examine different aspects of the FGFA project has said that India should co-develop and co-produce the stealth fighter with Russia.

The committee, headed by Air Marshal Simhakutty Varthaman (retd), has strongly recommended India should go ahead with it, the newspaper said quoting IAF sources said

pakfa is not even ready
no point waiting to fulfill immediate requirements

the
pakfa is not even ready
no point waiting to fulfill immediate requirements
last Rafael fighter from first batch will arrive by mid 2022 & by the time Russia will have 1-2 squadrons of FGFA they almost near the completion of new engine which will make it true 5th gen. fighter.

the

last Rafael fighter from first batch will arrive by mid 2022 & by the time Russia will have 1-2 squadrons of FGFA they almost near the completion of new engine which will make it true 5th gen. fighter.

2019, if on time. India has already payed the first installment
Russia itself said it cant afford Pakfa, so restricted itself to 12 fighters
Doesnt matter even its too good, it should come with tot or some other benefits. French are helping us with kaveri, until kaveri flies they wont get further order of rafale
if russia makes a good proposition, the deal will go ahead or else russia may have to go alone as even china is betting on its home grown fighter
today or tomorrow they are going to make their own engine to

the

I thing Engine would take 4 more years and 2022 i would see at most 1 squadron also these Russian would like to increase prices once they have fully developed version - it is right said that one in hand is much better than two in nest so better i would bet on Rafeal and also join germany & France in persuing 5th generation Jet.

FGFA will take some time. Rafale has stealth capabilities and can take on Chinese J-20.

I thing Engine would take 4 more years and 2022 i would see at most 1 squadron also these Russian would like to increase prices once they have fully developed version - it is right said that one in hand is much better than two in nest so better i would bet on Rafeal and also join germany & France in persuing 5th generation Jet.
What is the point in joining Germany or France for 5th Gen. when we've nothing to offer them except money. In that case joining hands with lonely Russian is better to do a new start, if they want to give us full or atleast satisfactory ToT to maintain acquired squadrons.

Making a turbine for 5th Gen. fighter isn't a game for every country USA somehow did it because of their mighty R&D budget & years of experience.

FGFA will take some time. Rafale has stealth capabilities and can take on Chinese J-20.
I respect Chinese people hard work & their dedications but i can't trust CCP figures
J20 is a flying propaganda but what actually is her capabilities no one knows.

PAKFA is another 5 years away..so they don't fill the immediate requirements.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom