What's new

India falls behind neighbours in health, social indicators: UN

Would the Pakistan East of Sindhu want to cut its losses!

A prime case for ditching these lumberjacks that are keeping them behind?

I haven't seen many Pakistanis complaining about how 'certain parts of Pakistan are holding them back' either, as seemed to be the implication in Flint's comments.

If you read the Pakistani media, the backwardness of certain regions is almost always blamed on the Federal government, and pointed out as a collective failure of the Pakistani State and its institutions. That is how it should be - We all rise and fall together together.

Pakistan invests a bigger proportion in the Baluchistan and NWFP provinces, than the revenue and GDP share they contribute. Why would they want to ditch Pakistan?

The author is unaware that China cannot be accessed without going through PUnjab, and the Northern Areas.

Trust you to dredge up an offensive post, which is ill thought, blinkered with arrogance, lacking in factual detail, and xenophobic to the extreme. You have outdone yourself.

I haven't seen many Pakistanis complaining about how 'certain parts of Pakistan are holding them back' either, as seemed to be the implication in Flint's comments.

If you read the Pakistani media, the backwardness of certain regions is almost always blamed on the Federal government, and pointed out as a collective failure of the Pakistani State and its institutions. That is how it should be - We all rise and fall together together.

That is exactly correct.

It was just a reply to a post one before my post. This is not how I think. This is just to show a mirror to some people.

Yes, we all rise and fall together.

Pakistan invests a bigger proportion in the Baluchistan and NWFP provinces, than the revenue and GDP share they contribute. Why would they want to ditch Pakistan?

The author is unaware that China cannot be accessed without going through PUnjab, and the Northern Areas.

Trust you to dredge up an offensive post, which is ill thought, blinkered with arrogance, lacking in factual detail, and xenophobic to the extreme. You have outdone yourself.

I think you need to read the post again. It is Pakistan East of Sindhu that needs to ditch the lumberjacks West of Sindhu.

Also if the author's predictions come true, Punjab will not be needed and NA will be part of Afghanistan. You do need to read that post.

Why? Just to follow your own logic!

This post was a reply to that extremely naive and bigoted post by you. You have wished to see India break to pieces so many times on this forum. Let me tell you that is not happening. We will all go to our maker and India will go from strength to strength.

What is more likely to happen is that people like you will cause the downfall of Pakistan with your sheer hatreds and blinkered views. I think 90% of the people in India and Pakistan are reasonable and can come to terms with each other.

It is the 1% extremely bigoted ones like you who are a roadblock to peace.

And I just posted an article by an Australian author. What is wrong with that?

Last edited:
I think you need to read the post again. It is Pakistan East of Sindhu that needs to ditch the lumberjacks West of Sindhu.

Also if the author's predictions come true, Punjab will not be needed and NA will be part of Afghanistan. You do need to read that post.

Why? Just to follow your own logic!

This post was a reply to that extremely naive and bigoted post by you. You have wished to see India break to pieces so many times on this forum. Let me tell you that is not happening. We will all go to our maker and India will go from strength to strength.

What is more likely to happen is that people like you will cause the downfall of Pakistan with your sheer hatreds and blinkered views. I think 90% of the people in India and Pakistan are reasonable and can come to terms with each other.

And I just posted an article by an Australian author. What is wrong with that?

Dear Vinod2070; sir
i guss its about time, that both india & pakistan, should stop calling shots on each other, & should try to be real brothers.
if we start , to think positive, i guss we can achive more!
even on this fourm, i am , just fed up with questions & counter questions, thread with counter thread, posts with counter posts!
we should bring our selves closer, not to take our selves more far?:cry::agree::cry:

This thread is basically a case of the pot calling the kettle black. All the countries on that list, bar China, have serious HDI problems. Even China's HDI is very low compared to western countries.

But there is a difference between China and South Asia. The chinese look at others superior to themselves and think, "Hey, we have to catch up." The south asians look at others superior to them and think, "we can't catch up, so lets laugh at those lagging behind us!" The result is that South Asia HDI develops slowly, since we use each other as comparison and dont have a real benchmark to work towards, whereas the chinese use the west as a benchmark, and work towards achieving their standards.

So for all those who are enjoying bashing india, well enjoy yourselves. i just hope the rest of south asia gets out of the trap of mindless bashing and comparing the weak with the weaker when people are dying.

It doesn't mention NA, it mentions NWFP. NA is administratively part of Azad Kashmir. It is not inhabitated by pashtuns or afghans.

I do not wish for Bharat to break, but I have come to the conclusion that it is both inevitable and good for peace and prosperity in South Asia.

My sheer hatred? That's some accusation, especially from someone like you (Aap kay munh say konsay phool jhar rahay hain?).

Just because I criticise the policies of the Bharati establishment against its minorities, and believe that Bharat should downsize, i'm being branded an India-Hater.

Just because I feel like arguing, 100 percent - 90 percent = 10 percent, not 1 percent.

I do not wish for Bharat to break, but I have come to the conclusion that it is both inevitable and good for peace and prosperity in South Asia.

You are contradicting yourself dude.

If you do desire "peace and prosperity in SA", and you consider the breaking up of Bharat as the way to achieve it, then you obviously wish for Bharat to break up.

If you don't want Bharat to break-up, then it seems that you are unable to follow your own thoughts to their logical conclusion.

Also, considering the state of Pakistan's union, I'm afraid your country will break up far before ours, if such circumstances do arise.

You are contradicting yourself dude.

If you do desire "peace and prosperity in SA", and you consider the breaking up of Bharat as the way to achieve it, then you obviously wish for Bharat to break up.

If you don't want Bharat to break-up, then it seems that you are unable to follow your own thoughts to their logical conclusion.

Also, considering the state of Pakistan's union, I'm afraid your country will break up far before ours, if such circumstances do arise.

There is a difference between a heart felt wish, and admitting an honest truth.

I do not wish Pakistan to go to the IMF, but I can see it now seems the only option for the stability of the economy.

So you see, sometimes we have to accept certain realities, that may may not be our innermost wishes.

Nothing contradictory in that.

Last edited:
There is a difference between a heart felt wish, and admitting an honest truth.

I do not wish Pakistan to go to the IMF, but I can see it now seems the only option for the stability of the economy.

So you see, sometimes we have to accept certain realities, that may contradict our innermost wishes.

Nothing contradictory in that.

So I"m guessing that your "innermost wishes" are for a united Bharat, whereas your analysis has led you to the unfortunate conclusion that the breakup of Bharat is both inevitable and desirable?

Is it just a coincidence that the only people who seem to be coming to this "unfortunate conclusion" happen to be Pakistanis, and occasionally, Bangladeshis?

Is it also a coincidence that these same people consistently fail to reach the same unfortunate conclusion regarding their own country, often going overboard in their zeal to refute predictions of their demise from all quarters?

If you ask me, your innermost wishes and your "unfortunate" conclusion happen to be exactly the same. And we all know what that is.

Our mind usually takes us where our heart wants to go.

Its look like a comedy thread Title poster quotes Topic from India media to bash India and my friend DS even jokes about comparatively backward states to be cut off.
It made my day. I think this thread should have been in Members forum.

The break up of Bharat makes sound economic sense?

Maybe it is the centre that is keeping the lumberjacks behind and not the other way around.

Have I missed something here?

Inevitable my foot.. As long as we in Tamilnadu don't ask for Independence India is safe and secure. Kashmir or puny Nagaland don't have the economical or political might to engender division. Mark my words as long as South India is comfortable footing bill for BIMARU and Tamilnadu owes alligence to Indian union the only thing inevitable will be to strngetheing of India as a union.

Frankly it is your opinion and to tell you the truth a lot of Indians I met do feel that if Pakistan breaks up it will result in peace and prosperity in South Asia. Frankly it is your opinion and their opinion and who gives a hoot to it.

IPF

Inevitable my foot.. As long as we in Tamilnadu don't ask for Independence India is safe and secure. Kashmir or puny Nagaland don't have the economical or political might to engender division. Mark my words as long as South India is comfortable footing bill for BIMARU and Tamilnadu owes alligence to Indian union the only thing inevitable will be to strngetheing of India as a union.

Frankly it is your opinion and to tell you the truth a lot of Indians I met do feel that if Pakistan breaks up it will result in peace and prosperity in South Asia. Frankly it is your opinion and their opinion and who gives a hoot to it.

IPF

Breaking up into smaller nations makes no sense to me too , once a poor state breaks off there is no central funding and then it has to go with a begger bowl to the World bank and IMF

Development is the answer to everything , it is a common trend that can be observed that the least developed and un-educated area of a country is the most rebellious one.

Bihar , WB , Madhya Pradesh , UP , Nagaland , assam , Kashmir seriously lack healthcare , education , Industry and that'll lead to factions and so called "lower castes" cribbing about a host of mindless issues.

Bring in Industry , Schools , Employment , hospitals , Roads , Transportation , modern technology and see the change.

Look at Punjab and how far it has come from the days of Khalistan to be Indias Numero Uno State.

If someone still thinks breaking up into nation states make sense then please take a comprehensive look at the state of smaller nations surrounding India and far forward they have come and then look at the Peoples Republic of China and what they have done with a vast Nation. The answer will be there in front of you .

IPF

Well, thank ye Tamil Nadu!

But its important to know that each state does make some contribution or the other, and nobody is "footing the bill" as such. Bihar provides most of India's coal and Iron Ore for example.

Tamil Nadu could do a lot better without Karunanidhi, in my humble opinion.

Back
Top Bottom