What's new

India eyes $400 bln in rev from electronics by 2020

angeldemon_007

Reaction score
Oct 3 (Reuters) - India has set an ambitious target of generating $400 billion in revenue from the electronic manufacturing sector by 2020, compared with just $20 billion in 2009, the government said in a draft policy released on Monday.

The proposed National Policy of Electronics, 2011 will involve an investment of $100 billion and aims to create 28 million jobs by 2020, the draft, released by the department of information technology, said.

The policy also proposes to set up over 200 electronic manufacturing clusters, and create a 10-year stable tax regime for the electronics systems and design manufacturing industry (ESDM).

The draft said the proposed policy will create linkages for long-term partnership between domestic ESDM industry and strategic sectors like defence, atomic energy and space. (Reporting by Anurag Kotoky; Editing by Harish Nambiar)

India eyes $400 bln in rev from electronics by 2020 | Reuters

we need to create skilled workforce to achieve this..

They need to put anti dumping duty on cheap Chinese crap
Well the Americans have already started it......i think it was the cheap tyres,

Duty should be raised in balance with Inflationary pressures.. but i don't think Electronics causes much Inflation in the markets and is pretty isolated...
Nevertheless its would be better if the transition would be on a smooth graphical curve when considering Indian and Chines electronics.

Well the Americans have already started it......i think it was the cheap tyres,

Duty should be raised in balance with Inflationary pressures.. but i don't think Electronics causes much Inflation in the markets and is pretty isolated...
Nevertheless its would be better if the transition would be on a smooth graphical curve when considering Indian and Chines electronics.

in amritsar there is a unit which makes black battery cabinet by importing chinas cheap raw/second hand tyres this is the real use of chinas product

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

All it needs is a capital...we have all the skill required.

we should also quit using chinese product a self negation of these product

Were are we gonna get 100 billion $ to invest in the first place ?

And what happened to this ?
India to Invest a Whopping US$ 1 Trillion in Infrastructure With Opportunities for Private Investors - BIZ INDIA

Where the hell are we gonna get so much funds ? I mean i think government should talk less and first control inflation. Not to mention the growth rate is stuck to 7.0-7.5 while every 2 months our Finance minister is keep on extending the date by which our growth rate will cross 10.

Similar big promises in defence and aerospace sector also while no groundbreaking change has been made which would ensure this thing except new DPP and then clear violation of them.

Not to mention the hundreds of billions of dollars that government waste on poors in the name of relief or poorly managed schemes or subsidies which waste taxpayers money which truly never helps the poors just so that political parties can keep this issue alive so that they can play this card to win elections.

I really hope our government is successful in achieving what is mentioned but i doubt how is it possible

Were are we gonna get 100 billion $ to invest in the first place ?

And what happened to this ?
India to Invest a Whopping US$ 1 Trillion in Infrastructure With Opportunities for Private Investors - BIZ INDIA

Where the hell are we gonna get so much funds ? I mean i think government should talk less and first control inflation. Not to mention the growth rate is stuck to 7.0-7.5 while every 2 months our Finance minister is keep on extending the date by which our growth rate will cross 10.

Similar big promises in defence and aerospace sector also while no groundbreaking change has been made which would ensure this thing except new DPP and then clear violation of them.

Not to mention the hundreds of billions of dollars that government waste on poors in the name of relief or poorly managed schemes or subsidies which waste taxpayers money which truly never helps the poors just so that political parties can keep this issue alive so that they can play this card to win elections.

I really hope our government is successful in achieving what is mentioned but i doubt how is it possible

who said the investment needs to be public money ? most of the $1 trillion is going to be privately funded...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom