What's new

India expressed interest in Patriot air defense system : Raytheon

This is interesting development, considering Patriot is an ageing system and in the past India has bought SAM systems from Russia. I thought members claimed here that India operates S-300, which in it self is a very good system.

Well , India does not operate S-300 and neither are we going to buy Patriot .

sometimes webby get bored of managing forum & start trolling....

India never ever asked officially to buy PAC....

Off topic, but since PMs are not allowed:

Mate, change the first word of your location to 'vasudhaiva' - which roughly means 'the world itself'. 'Vasudev' is a character in the Mahabharata and Bhagavata purana - the father of Krishna, and the son of shoorasena. Very different meanings.

Bhai, search PDF. If not, older members than you will tell you the same story.

Bhai, search PDF. If not, older members than you will tell you the same story.

Actually we had shown interest in Patriot systems before we realized that we can develope our own ABM systems. When we realised that dream, we had "NO INTEREST" in any such systems.

I know you know this.

Actually we had shown interest in Patriot systems before we realized that we can develope our own ABM systems. When we realised that dream, we had "NO INTEREST" in any such systems.

I know you know this.

Is your ABM system developed yet? :lol:

Is your ABM system developed yet? :lol:

Developed? Yes. Deployed? No...Its in testing phase and we have had successfull tests of it. The tier 1 will be deployed by 2015. Did i answer it correctly?:)

Off topic, but since PMs are not allowed:

Mate, change the first word of your location to 'vasudhaiva' - which roughly means 'the world itself'. 'Vasudev' is a character in the Mahabharata and Bhagavata purana - the father of Krishna, and the son of shoorasena. Very different meanings.

Actually I think the name of Krishna`s father it self means "World"..
Vasu-Dev..

Actually I think the name of Krishna`s father it self means "World"..
Vasu-Dev..

Literally 'Vasu' means 'dweller'. Similar to 'vasati' in Sanskrit or 'nivas' in hindi, which means 'lodging' or 'residence'.

Vasudev is supposed to mean 'one who dwells inside' - something like 'antharyami'. These concepts don't translate literally into English. It does not mean 'world'.

Anyway, the phrase that (I assume) you wanted to put there is "Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam" - a beautiful line from the mahopanishad, which means (loosely) that the whole world is one single family.

'Vasudha' - earth, 'eva' - itself, 'kutumbakam' - family. It is part of a larger poem, which demonstrates the inclusiveness of the post Vedic society and thought.

Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Developed? Yes. Deployed? No...Its in testing phase and we have had successfull tests of it. The tier 1 will be deployed by 2015. Did i answer it correctly?:)
it is useless against an all out nuclear attack so what is the point of it's existence?

What about those items that India DID ask officially........how are they going? :cheesy:

it is useless against an all out nuclear attack so what is the point of it's existence?

There are many factors that depend on such subsystems regardless of an all out nuke bonanza.
Firstly, does the opposing country have 2nd strike capability and of how many types?
And secondly, how many nukes are actually required to safely neuter the enemy armed forces.

And of course, in an all out war both sides are bound to be struck more than once but what matters is that an effective BMD gives us a chance to counter attack or even limit the damage to a certain extent which Pak doesn't have. Therefore we may or may not be completely getting hit but Pak certainly will.

Back
Top Bottom