What's new

India Develops Anti-Missile Direct Energy Weapons

XYON

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Interesting!!:what:

India Develops Anti-Missile Weapons - Army Technology

The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) in India has been developing a series of directed energy weapons (DEW) to improve the country's anti-ballistic missile capability.

The DEW is a sophisticated weapon capable of destroying a target by emitting and transferring the energy to a target in an aimed direction.

DRDO Laser Science and Technology Centre director Anil Kumar Maini said a DEW laser weapon could generate high-energy pulses of 25kW, capable enough to destroy a ballistic missile in its terminal phase within the range of 7km.

He said a gas dynamic laser-based DEW which can be flexibly deployed by a moving vehicle, is also being developed.

The Indian laser weapons would serve in three platforms such as the air force's transport planes, fighters and the navy's destroyers and submarines, according to the Xinhua news agency.

India conducted two anti-ballistic missile interception tests by launching anti-aircraft missiles during the first half of the year.

Interesting!!:what:

India Develops Anti-Missile Weapons - Army Technology

The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) in India has been developing a series of directed energy weapons (DEW) to improve the country's anti-ballistic missile capability.

The DEW is a sophisticated weapon capable of destroying a target by emitting and transferring the energy to a target in an aimed direction.

DRDO Laser Science and Technology Centre director Anil Kumar Maini said a DEW laser weapon could generate high-energy pulses of 25kW, capable enough to destroy a ballistic missile in its terminal phase within the range of 7km.

He said a gas dynamic laser-based DEW which can be flexibly deployed by a moving vehicle, is also being developed.

The Indian laser weapons would serve in three platforms such as the air force's transport planes, fighters and the navy's destroyers and submarines, according to the Xinhua news agency.

India conducted two anti-ballistic missile interception tests by launching anti-aircraft missiles during the first half of the year.

**** this is astonishing!!

Kudos to DRDO!

Ab tera kya hoga Ghauri?:rofl::rofl:

Kudos to DRDO!

No big deal mate - We've heard all big claims of DRDO before and there is a reaction to every action so nothing to worry about.You just have to stay updated.

No big deal mate - We've heard all big claims of DRDO before and there is a reaction to every action so nothing to worry about.You just have to stay updated.

right said fred!

You stay updated!

Till date there has been no reaction and I doubt any is coming in the coming many years!

:pop:

right said fred!

You stay updated!

Till date there has been no reaction and I doubt any is coming in the coming many years!

:pop:
Yeah I am pretty sure the insiders would post specifics here.:rofl:

DRDO already accept in the indian news papers check last years feburary 9 newspapers......"DRDO officials came on media and accepted that their missile technology is flagging and they need foreign assistant to boost it. And they also accepted that Pakistani Missible technology is much more rebust and dynamic and more advance then indian technology......"
This is not i am saying but said by DRDO officials last year.

DRDO already accept in the indian news papers check last years feburary 9 newspapers......"DRDO officials came on media and accepted that their missile technology is flagging and they need foreign assistant to boost it. And they also accepted that Pakistani Missible technology is much more rebust and dynamic and more advance then indian technology......"

plzz care to post a link....

Yes and soon after that goverment gave green light to more funds and projects. :D

Whatever India can develop can also be made by CHINA..and China will assist Pakistan in any desperate situation..thatz the equation :D

Kudos to DRDO!

Please do not confuse my 'interesting' remark with any confidence in DRDO capabilities. Indian DEW program is essentially an off-shoot of the Israeli ground-based energy weapon system that is currently in advance testing and has already shot down a few Palestinian launched rockets from Gaza etc.

My 'interesting' stems from another 'classified' fact related to the subject matter and in a very advance stage of testing elsewhere!! But that is a story for another thread at another time.

Meanwhile, I am anxious to see how and really 'IF' the Indians really follow this up or rather dwell on their laurels to have advertised this ability openly on the global forum.

Please do not confuse my 'interesting' remark with any confidence in DRDO capabilities. Indian DEW program is essentially an off-shoot of the Israeli ground-based energy weapon system that is currently in advance testing and has already shot down a few Palestinian launched rockets from Gaza etc.

My 'interesting' stems from another 'classified' fact related to the subject matter and in a very advance stage of testing elsewhere!! But that is a story for another thread at another time.

Meanwhile, I am anxious to see how and really 'IF' the Indians really follow this up or rather dwell on their laurels to have advertised this ability openly on the global forum.

you really confused me buddy ....

my straight ques is--- what is the status of this project ??

is it still on paper or in an advanced stage ??

you really confused me buddy ....

my straight ques is--- what is the status of this project ??

is it still on paper or in an advanced stage ??

As per my information, DRDO has actually developed a prototype ground-based fixed site, green laser interceptor DEWS (Directed Energy Weapon System). India now needs to test the system on actual field and the computer simulations so far have shown promising results. They are getting some classified help from the Israeli's who themselves are already at an advanced stage of this project having built a mobile unit for remote deployment of their DEWS.

Hope this answers your query! Otherwise call up DRDO hotline and ask them? :cheers:

I have been hearing this news from long time. when you build it, make news out of it. till than shut up. no wonder, why some are called big mouths.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom