What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

Marine drive:- Kochi, Kerala

1376337_639557389399112_589976813_n.jpg

40855728.jpg

Eye opening video. Indians might say ‘mind blasting’ video.

Historic 1,2,3 : China, India, Indonesia.

British colonialism, Britain was never “Great Britain” till Queen Victoria became Empress of India in 1876, was approx. $ Trillion at cost to India. The Pak anchors says $ 800 Billion. I have heard other figures so rounding it off.

Another video that answers some things.

I have some critical policy level remarks about Indo-Pak. economic evolution.

Partition gave India the core of the jewel in the crown. Bombay, Calcutta, Madras. Also, Kanpur, Bangalore, Meerut, Surat. Maybe Delhi, much later. Also some modern princely cities like Hyderabad, Baroda, Srinagar, Jaipur. You could take these cities and build a country around them.

Pak got Dacca, Karachi, Lahore and agri. of Bengal, Punjab and Sindh is plenty to build a country.

If India could be a future America, Pak could be a future Canada. Strong similarities in population dispersal re: Canada for Pak. Nearly all Canadians and Pakistanis live on a long strip parallel to giant neighbours with empty stretches to North & West, & Bengal or East Pakistan.

1. Since partition, India spent the 1'st 25 yrs., 1'st gen., to stabilise self with Nehru etc.

2. India spent the next 25 yrs., 2'nd gen. with Indira-Rajiv daughter-son duo, to de-stabilise what may be considered former 'Indian territores'.

For eg. it got kicked by China for messing with Tibet. Also, it used 'Divide & Conquer' rule to bust Pak into two.

3. India launched economic warfare Vs. it's already busted-up, carved-out neighbours; formerly all part of greater India. The idea may be to put them out of business. Indian baniyas are masterminds in business and this is one of Indian society's core and historical strengths. It's been said that the Raj was orchestrated by the Rothschilds type baniya-brahmin combine because the Kshatriya's or fighter caste failed at it's job of defence of India. The orchestration was to rid India of Mughal rule, and the British got the 'contract'.

I personally wonder how a 3'rd class clerk from a 3'rd class island beat a great Mughal like Siraj-ud-Daulah. While Clive's triumph defies logic, the historical, practical and intellectual prowess of the baniya-brahmin types stands up to merit where Daulah's partner Mir Jafar was bribed to switch sides.

Conclusion, if Pak. could shake off America, China, Turkey, Saudi Arabia and tighten it's belt, it can bounce back. America has little to give, China loots and enslaves, Turkey and Saudi's are unknowns. In all cases, Pak. has plenty catching up to do with primary neighbour India and even more Iran.

Pakistan Vs. India can be a Canada Vs. USA, the danger is if it ends up a N. Vs. S. Korea!

Embassy New Gen, Tech Park, Bangalore

4 for IT + 1 for Hotel + 2 million for apt.'s/sq. ft. development.

KarleSEZ_Option2_NWPersp_OrangeFins_FINAL_640.jpg

I notice that pvt., profit oriented projects have taken on Indian scale with Global standards. Indian Co.'s have few Global competitor's in the last and largest, Indian home market. Inversely, Global Co.'s are hardly upto massive Indian size. MNC's, TNC's not included, they are soul-less, nation-less, but clueless ... Not!

From #1, Pak. has hit 4'th class status in S. Asia behind Sri Lanka, India & Bangladesh :woot: .

(Sri Lanka @ 6135 GDP Vs. Pak. @ ~ $ 3000 PPP double Pak. and nearly 1/3rd more than India)

Last edited by a moderator:
patentneer,

You say 6135 is 1/3 more than India which makes India's GDP per capita around 4600. I doubt it is that much, the last time I checked statistics (some months ago) it was 3700.

Anyway, I actually do not agree with your view that growth in IT has trickled down to the masses. What you have described "should" have happened, but I think it has not happened to a an extent that it can be of major impact to India's underclass. You cannot build a nation merely on services. That is shaky at best. You need hard goods, lots and lots and lots of manufacturing.

Look at history. Any nation that has sustained phenomenal growth for decades that has uplifted the highest number of poor has done so on the back of brick and mortar manufacturing industries. First it was the UK and USA and then South East / East Asia.

I agree with one thing though. These nations did educate their masses first. China, although for many years was poorer than India, it had much better social indicators, especially in education.

President,

Dude are you kidding me, listen to yourself! Canada is NOT a 2nd world country, only a blind man would say that!! In fact it is far better run than USA. I would rank Argentina and Latin American countries including Mexico as second world. No way Canada.

President,

Dude are you kidding me, listen to yourself! Canada is NOT a 2nd world country, only a blind man would say that!! In fact it is far better run than USA. I would rank Argentina and Latin American countries including Mexico as second world. No way Canada.

I have stayed in canada , us and lot of other places and this is my conclusion..you may wish to disagree with me..but I am telling you my experience..

:knock::knock: This is a Images and Multimedia thread guys, pics and video or GTFO :nana:

:knock::knock: This is a Images and Multimedia thread guys, pics and video or GTFO :nana:

*Mostly* Multimedia. Some discussions are a must. You are no one to dictate how people run this thread, as long as they keep things civilized.

*Mostly* Multimedia. Some discussions are a must. You are no one to dictate how people run this thread, as long as they keep things civilized.
And you just came up with the "Multimedia. Some discussions are a must" rule :rofl:
General Images & Multimedia - With the hit of youtube, and other multimedia site, now share and enjoy different types of media with other members of defence.pk!

Experience shows:

• feeding trolls only encourages trolls
I refuse to give them my full attention :omghaha: .

Topic Change

Meanwhile, in a puny little city called, ... hehe ..., Pune, a project called Megapolis:
85688833rk1.jpg

Well on it's way ...

DSC_0097.jpg

or smaller city called Thane on the outskirts of Bombay, or within the Mumbai MMR:

iiok.jpg

The US & Indian energy scenes are in overhaul.
Fracking tech. is converting US into energy exporter. India is bringing it's massive, 100 yrs. supply Krishna-Godavari gas finds online. All in next 3-5 yrs. With Brazil and Oz. flooding the market with new found oil & gas anytime, the middle-east petro-dollar game is on it's way out.

With the top importer US turning the tables by becoming an exporter, the emergence of a new petro powers Brazil and Oz., the Indians out of the market and EU locked up with the Russians re: oil & gas, and going solar; India will boom.

$ 1 Trillion, or $ 10-25 Trillion in PPP terms, world's top 10 Indian infra. will be firmly in place to ride the coming oil & gas crash. Everything looks in place, specially China's demographic collapse.
India's on a roll to a mega Indian boom powered on the back of it's massive, all new industrial corridors.

^^^^

The new Mumbai terminal is amazing. Delhi T3 pales in comparison. GVK has done a fantastic job

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom