What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

More Bangalore:

emb_manyata_1.jpg

Last Picture that you have posted is my office ( IBM Manayata K block)....Thanks.

I'm posting live from India.

Hyderabad
-----------

Reality-

ldh7.jpg

images

aplus3.jpg

DPA-RVA-85450.jpg

Advertisement-

images

^^
No need to mis-understand; urban transportation is chaotic, tolerance at it's best!

Before oil, there was steel and India's got lot's of steel.
A brick in India, delivered at site, is Rs. 2 = Pakistani Rs. 1.
Labour and cement is local, when times allow even often imported from Pakistan.
Civil engineers and project managers are also local. Project managers are Global.

In United Nations power parity terms, India is investing ~ between $ 10 - $ 20 Trillion in infrastructure. From what I've seen with my own eyes, the stuff is contemporary.

• Problem: It's not leading edge, for eg. Inida is building solar power topped canal's but not solar highways, why not ?

Nehru ORR, Hyderabad
-----------------------

images

India is a vast construction site. Korean World Bank president is here seeding all kinds of projects. Everbody knows Korea is a US 'client' state, entrenched in India. Unbelievably, road and related infra. projects are being sought out for long term investment by Global investors. The road, Nehru ORR (Outer Ring Rd.) from Hyderabad airport to the city was as good as it gets.

haha.. dude seriously? you think the names Gigi, Beju, Sani etc have meaning? I have a mallu christian friend. He said his name doesn't mean anything. it is just the way it sounds. Some Tamil christains who border Kerala have such names too..
Mate as i said it may sound meaningless to you because your lang is different and our lang may sounds funny for you just like we see some funny sounds in your lang. The names you mentioned have meanings.. may be your friend does't know about it or never tried to understand it.. People use abbreviations for their names... its common here. Using it for generations it become a word without a meaning... 'Gigi' is a short form for 'Girija'... 'Beju' or 'Baiju' means lightning... and 'Sani' means gift.. But most of us will never know or go in search of our names meaning.. About christians name in kerala. Actually most of the Christian names in Kerala is Indianised .. for eg.. Varghese or Verghese is the Malayalam variant of George. You wont see such name among other Indian christians other than malayalees...:lol:

bangalore is beautifull place,my dad always said to me bangalore was more beautifull during 1990s with many tree and less traffic and pollution..even though iam a mallu i love to be in bangalore for my entire life but cost of living in bangalore is very very bad

yup, I "lost" 20k rs in just a few hours in Banglore on my last trip :D

bangalore is beautifull place,my dad always said to me bangalore was more beautifull during 1990s with many tree and less traffic and pollution..even though iam a mallu i love to be in bangalore for my entire life but cost of living in bangalore is very very bad

^^
I dare say nothing wrong with that.

Given 10 yrs., when major renovation and public infra. projects would be mostly in place, Bangaloru will revert to it's old glory - with 21'st century amenities.

I will consider visiting, maybe even re-locating.

I'm not too big on the 'old is good' philosophy in India. My personal travels all over India are prima facie witness to old is often rot, hardly Gold!

Speaking of my recent experience of Hyderabad, I much preferred hanging out at Ascendas or Raheja Mindspace IT park's Vs. 'old is gold' but rot Charminar. Compare for yourself.

'Old is Gold' Charminar
---------------------

The whole area was paranoid with para-military police re: pomb blasts.

images

Vs.

Cyber Pearl
------------------

images

More Info.: HITEC City - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

images

Raheja Mindspace IT Park
-------------------------

images

dlf IT Park
-------------

dlf-it-sez-hyderabad-logo.jpg

dlf-it-sez-hyderabad-photo-gallery-big5.jpg

Vanenberg IT Park
------------------

index.jpg

Hi-Tec City IT Area
---------------------------

It's a whole, contiguos area of Hyderabad and not a gated area like the other IT parks.

images

Hi-Tec City 2
-------------

images

There's also dlf, Phonix, L&T and other smaller parks as well as dedicated campuses of microsoft, Google etc,; and all this for starters.

Back to My First Love, Mumbai and the New Mumbai Re-Develpment Plan
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Project in Detail

Downtown Mumbai Urban Design

Category: Future Projects - Master planning
Architect: Surbana International'
Republic of Singapore

WAF Entry2012, AwardWorld Architecture Festival 2012 - Shortlisted

03_Downtown%20Mumbai%202032.jpg

08_Mumbai%27s%20Renewed%20%26%20Connected%20Downtown.jpg

More Info. and images below:

(c) http://www.worldbuildingsdirectory.com/project.cfm?id=4239

EzioAltaïr;4059490 said:
Wow. When I was last there, the rail was in bad shape. Rusting from the rain, and there was news that one stand had actually collapsed. Now it looks amazing. :tup:

^^

Mumbai is on-course to have the world's best public transport infra., give it 5 yrs.

Suburban train system is under overhaul, metro and mono rail links are under way, and highway's and their missing links are almost done. Also, new sea bridges, airport, hovercraft service, helicopter transport re: Gagan 'Highway's in the Sky' program are underway. Bombay's bus, taxi and auto services are already among the best around this part of the world.

^^

Mumbai is on-course to have the world's best public transport infra., give it 5 yrs.

Suburban train system is under overhaul, metro and mono rail links are under way, and highway's and their missing links are almost done. Also, new sea bridges, airport, hovercraft service, helicopter transport re: Gagan 'Highway's in the Sky' program are underway. Bombay's bus, taxi and auto services are already among the best around this part of the world.

I really wish that Mumbai has 'the world's best public transport infra.in 5 years', but realistically speaking, the rate of such infra growth is still very slow. If you look at the actual monorail and metro planning, it is still much less than what is required for a city like mumbai.

There is still complete lack of integrated transport planning, where we create new interchanges for major transport modes.

The suburban system where 10 people die everyday is still quite extensive and excellent for a third word country, but doesn't compare to any of the best cities. Ridership alone is not a comparison... we need to look at the amenities and whether the weakest people can also use it without fear or not (Eg. disabled, old, pregnant women, etc). Mumbai is still very far from reaching that stage...

It is good to be bullish on our future (I am!), but we also need to objectively compare the growth with other leading cities. Mumbai (or most indian cities) will still need decades of continuous infra growth before we start comparing with the best in the world. But I'm sure that day will come... and in my lifetime!

^
Agreed we should not go overboard. Saying that mumbai has the 'best' transport system is funny because it is far away from it. First of it all, the execution of projects is so slow. The sea link took 10 years to come up whereas it should have taken 4 years. Infact sea link is just another link in a chain of links. But we don't see any work on any of them. The pace of infra development is slow relative to the growth of population.

Back
Top Bottom