What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

Why's that?

Thats because India has yet to come up with a world class theme park. Indians dont really like theme parks and most of them close down after 6 months of opening. I guess there is no theme park craze in India.

Thats because India has yet to come up with a world class theme park. Indians dont really like theme parks and most of them close down after 6 months of opening. I guess there is no theme park craze in India.

I;m sure those backing this project have done their homework and think they will make a profit and this park will be popular-you don't gamble with $2BN-you do painstaking research before shelling out such big bucks,surely?

I;m sure those backing this project have done their homework and think they will make a profit and this park will be popular-you don't gamble with $2BN-you do painstaking research before shelling out such big bucks,surely?

I dont think so. If you see carefully major Indian infra projects are nothing but hype. Look at what was shown in gift gujarat and what they are building. These videos are just made to woo investors and create hype. Most of these builder don't even have financial closures yet. Building a $2 bill theme park is a dream that might never come true especially in gujarat. Delhi is still a better place where it might become a reality. India is still far away from having such theme parks.

Abingdonboy - aren't you the same username as that appearing on SSC India? (Obviously)

internationalairport000mj1.jpg

Do these buses belong to an Indian company?

^^

Those look like airport tarmac buses re: low floor.

Technically speaking though, they are NOT. Look like a jig job on full height buses with some sort of curtain job in lieu of an authentic low floor tarmac bus. Said buses look like modded Ashok-Leylands anyways.

With all new and re-furbished airports coming up in India, a clever tender-baaz can grab a tender ( jigged from inside) and modify a fleet of buses with local labour. Labour is cheap and the many, many body-shops in India do this in-and-out, 'design' free. I haven't seen such plush and wide window finish job on any India buses, I may be wrong.

Long story short, yes! It may well be India.

I dont think so. If you see carefully major Indian infra projects are nothing but hype. Look at what was shown in gift gujarat and what they are building. These videos are just made to woo investors and create hype. Most of these builder don't even have financial closures yet. Building a $2 bill theme park is a dream that might never come true especially in gujarat. Delhi is still a better place where it might become a reality. India is still far away from having such theme parks.

What they are building right now is only a small section of the GIFT.

internationalairport000mj1.jpg

Do these buses belong to an Indian company?

Yes they are. If you notice on the bus you will see "Sutlej". These and most airport buses in India are made by Sutlej Motors. Interesting to note is that the newer buses have "kneel" functionality (observe the bus at the very end and the one in focus) that will help passengers hop-in, hop-out easily.

Some older models:

p1100978lc6.jpg

photostream

Why most photos are from metro cities? not many people here from smaller/medium cities/towns/villages? or not much development happening there.

^^

Those look like airport tarmac buses re: low floor.

Technically speaking though, they are NOT. Look like a jig job on full height buses with some sort of curtain job in lieu of an authentic low floor tarmac bus. Said buses look like modded Ashok-Leylands anyways.

With all new and re-furbished airports coming up in India, a clever tender-baaz can grab a tender ( jigged from inside) and modify a fleet of buses with local labour. Labour is cheap and the many, many body-shops in India do this in-and-out, 'design' free. I haven't seen such plush and wide window finish job on any India buses, I may be wrong.

Long story short, yes! It may well be India.
If this is a body-shop job the finish is very impressive.

Why most photos are from metro cities? not many people here from smaller/medium cities/towns/villages? or not much development happening there.

1. Bhai, tu post kar na, kisne roka hai??

2. Most of the guys on PDF are from metros + they want to highlight big projects (remember its a pakistani forum, many must be posting just to make pakistanis more envious)

Trisonics, well done!

I like the pic. of the Sutlej model you posted.

Great vid. find below, by Nandan Nilekani on India development.
Unlike other politicos, he even 'critiques' the original Mrs. G. & son, Indira Gandhi and Sanjay Gandhi:

Dwarka (New) Delhi NCR
-----------------------

Thankfully it is by Mumbai's Godrej.
India is now seeing the 'Globalisation' of business within India.
Local biggies like Godrej, Tata and Raheja from Mumbai, dlf, unitech from Delhi or Sobha from south are now pan-India spreads.

600x894xgodrej-summit-phase-2.jpg.pagespeed.ic.6aH2OyFPKy.jpg

547x222xGodrej-Properties-Godrej-New-Project-Sector-104-Gurgaon.jpg.pagespeed.ic.utP-Yqotx5.jpg

I'm thinking 10 yrs. from now when these mega-corp.'s converge on the non hyper places like Bihar & MP; it'll go nuts.

Experion Windchants
--------------------
Same Dwarka area.

576x168xwindchants-elevation2.jpg.pagespeed.ic.sc9B-28HQ_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^

This shore with the wooden footpaths and fishing boat's maybe India,
but the other shore of the ocean is what, Dubai backside :bounce: ?

It is called Kochi Marine Drive...

kochi1kq5.jpg

Buildings here are capped at a fixed height due to Indian Naval base nearby...

Kochi already have these above 100 metre highrises

xpym1j.jpg

scaled.php

Choice Paradise 126 metres
Oceanus Maple117 metres

Upcoming Projects

261kyg0.jpg

2r2sr68.jpg

Purva Grand Palms 1 (Purva Grand Palms) 41 floor
2 Purva Grand Palms 2 (Purva Grand Palms) 41 floor
3 Purva Grand Palms 3 (Purva Grand Palms) 41 floor
4 Purva Grand Palms 4 (Purva Grand Palms) 41 floor
5 Heera Global City 1 (Heera Global City) 36 floor
6 Heera Global City 2 (Heera Global City) 36 floor
7 Heera Global City 3 (Heera Global City) 36 floor
8 Heera Global City 4 (Heera Global City) 36 floor

Bad Joke

This is 'India Develping But ...' thread, not a let's knock neighbour's Pakistan thread.

Present Karachi shore:

Karachi%2520-%2520Clifton%2520Coast%2520-%252014%2520copy.jpg

Supposed to be impressive??

Even Kochi is better:

and future:

513655816_330d7e1d3c.jpg

Take it easy.

Project still in limbo.......What is impressive in it???

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom