What's new

India destined to be a close partner of US: Pentagon

Anything in moderation is a good thing but India can't allow itself to sleep-walk into a position where it is yet another hanger-on/poodle of the US like Japan,Australia and the UK. I think right now it is clear the Indian political class are fully aware of these dangers and are doing an exemplary job of keeping India a fully independent nation. If you speak to many US officials they will, begrudgingly, admit the ties have not moved forward at the break-neck speed they had hoped post 2008 purely because the Indian side is incredibly cautious of the US.

Military-military ties are great though, there can be no down side to this (as I can foresee) learning together and building on a shared base. As it is the US conducts more military exercises with India than any other nation, which is an extraordinary fact in itself.

We're just following their own mantra, "Trust but verify". I believe 5 years ago the dominant narrative was that they could get us to join up an alliance between Japan and Australia under the aegis of the US, a regional NATO specially in terms of maritime affairs, we had the trilateral meets and we still have the naval exercises but we never went in for the real deal..they realized belatedly that it was a lost cause. We'd rather fight a war with the PRC than hand even a bit of our sovereignty up.

We're just following their own mantra, "Trust but verify". I believe 5 years ago the dominant narrative was that they could get us to join up an alliance between Japan and Australia under the aegis of the US, a regional NATO specially in terms of maritime affairs, we had the trilateral meets and we still have the naval exercises but we never went in for the real deal..they realized belatedly that it was a lost cause. We'd rather fight a war with the PRC than hand even a bit of our sovereignty up.

Slightly disagree on the first part, I don't think we would have been any keener 5 years ago for any alliance against any third party, though we still desire close defense and security cooperation with many members. Though if there was serious threat to our maritime interests in those circumstances there could have been something on those lines.

Agree on the second part, Americans did realize that Indian policy is different then SK, Australia, Japan etc.

Really? Isn't India ruled by an Italian?:coffee:

She's no more an Italian but an Indian citizen when she married an Indian, and how exactly does she rule India?

She's no more an Italian but an Indian citizen when she married an Indian, and how exactly does she rule India?

There is no proof that said Italian is no longer an Italian citizen. As to how said Italian rules India, the Indian PM takes his order from said Italian as is reported widely in India and lamented by the many Indians PDF members.

There is no proof that said Italian is no longer an Italian citizen. As to how said Italian rules India, the Indian PM takes his order from said Italian as is reported widely in India and lamented by the many Indians PDF members.

Don't you start...what next? Obama's birth certificate? Long form a forgery? India does not allow dual nationality. If you are an Indian citizen, you cannot be any other.

1648 posts and this ???

The lady in question is an Indian post her marriage. The constitution of this country allows her to do what she is doing, and she is not ruling this country. She is leading a politicl party that is a key element in the ruling coalition.

She stands for elections and get elected which is much much more than Dictators do and leave the nation on exile after they as compelled to leave.

This land is such that would embrace even the likes of you should you wish to live here.

Hope this helps.

As long as USA is a super power, almost every nation's destiny is in a way affected by them.

For a "Think Tank", that does not display much thinking; are you only operating on the basis of 'hearsay'?
Hope you are not posting in lieu of your Wife! Which is what you did on some previous occasions.
Since the "Think Tank" label is neither hereditary or transferable. :D

Don't you start...what next? Obama's birth certificate? Long form a forgery? India does not allow dual nationality. If you are an Indian citizen, you cannot be any other.

I could careless, just showing some Indians a mirror. FYI, opposition groups in India have demanded proof as have many Indians here.

For a "Think Tank", that does not display much thinking; are you only operating on the basis of 'hearsay'?
Hope you are not posting in lieu of your Wife! Which is what you did on some previous occasions.
Since the "Think Tank" label is neither hereditary or transferable. :D

Ah! Capt PoopI emerges

Now .... don't take that seriously ... When we hate certain politicians we find ways of mocking them and making fun of them.... For this particular person in question .... Its either Queen Bee(Recently forged :lol:) or "Italian Waitress"

Hey dood; I've always been here :D
You are the 'pretender' or is it 'usurper"? :lol:

I have no idea what you're on about... usurper WTF? I think someone is bitter about not being conferred a think tank.
For what its worth, I enjoy reading your post almost as much as Bangalore and Sancho.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom