What's new

India demands that US drop case against diplomat

There is a massive double standard regarding diplomatic immunity from the US govt. This is what President Obama said during the Raymond Davis episode, who btw wasn't even a declared staff of the US embassy. I have been on this forum long enough to remember how people like @Solomon2 advocated it then. I can dig up old posts from that time. Double standard much?

A couple of posts by @Solomon2 from that time

The man is the a slippery spin doctor:)

I have been on this forum long enough to remember how people like @Solomon2 advocated it then. I can dig up old posts from that time -
I'm flattered, but the key differences are (1) Davis had diplomatic immunity (Pakistan's FM was notified of the request and filed no objection with the U.S.) whereas Khobragade only has consular (they're 2 different Conventions), and (2) Khobragade's relationship to her alleged victim was that of abusive employer/human trafficker, whereas Davis' was killer-in-self-defense.

I wonder why her superiors didn't transfer her to the U.N. mission before her arrest? They knew in September something like this might happen.

US is a country with no ethical values. It changes colors faster then anyone in this world.
The man is the a slippery spin doctor.
I think judging right from wrong is about getting your facts correct, then making fine moral distinctions within a hierarchy of values. It is NOT about "choosing sides".

Last edited:
I'm flattered, but the key differences are (1) Davis had diplomatic immunity (Pakistan's FM was notified of the request and filed no objection with the U.S.) whereas Khobragade only has consular (they're 2 different Conventions), and (2) Khobragade's relationship to her alleged victim was that of abusive employer/human trafficker, whereas Davis' was killer-in-self-defense.

I wonder why her superiors didn't transfer her to the U.N. mission before her arrest? They knew in September something like this might happen.

I think judging right from wrong is about getting your facts correct, then making fine moral distinctions within a hierarchy of values. It is NOT about "choosing sides".

I wonder why, if Raymond Davis had diplomatic immunity and his action was purely in self defense (I am sure most Pakistani's here would strongly contest that) - what need did arise for him to pay blood money to secure his release from the case?

CIA contractor Raymond Davis freed after ‘blood money’ payment - Washington Post

Well no one thought US could act so stupid. But as evident US has no ethics.

Obama - Davis (a cold blooded murderer who is just a contractor and not even a full time employee of US) has FULL diplomatic immunity because all diplomats have it. :sarcastic:

US State Dept. - Devyani (a top diplomat of India and second highest ranking official in US) has diplomatic immunity only for consular functions.

Open shamelessness, and you still have courage to defend yourself and US. Even more shameful.:closed:

I wonder why, if Raymond Davis had diplomatic immunity and his action was purely in self defense (I am sure most Pakistani's here would strongly contest that) - what need did arise for him to pay blood money to secure his release from the case?

CIA contractor Raymond Davis freed after ‘blood money’ payment - Washington Post

Leave it bro.

I had some respect for US.

Now I have more respect for Somali pirates then for US shameless fellows.

US is nothing but a country where people would lie or cheat or change colors as fast as the click of a button to suit their ends.

Any decent country would have apologized by now for such shameful act. Its a country given to debauchery now.

Last edited:

Since the issue does not concern my country or it's interests I will not present any further argument on the issue but I will surely keep note of your arguments for future reference, just in case:)

I wonder why, if Raymond Davis had diplomatic immunity and his action was purely in self defense ( I am sure most Pakistani's here would strongly contest that) - what need did arise for him to pay blood money to secure his release from the case?
I was not happy with how the RD case ended. I wanted him to return to the U.S. and for Pakistan to apply criminal charges in U.S. courts. I do not think RD could have avoided a trial. The payment of "blood money", however, eliminated that possibility as a second prosecution for the same event would have been double jeopardy.

Leave it bro. I had some respect -
Save it for the trial - or now, as seems more likely, the sensational escape of a slave-trading consul from the dedicated agents who would bring her to justice! (Soon to become a major Bollywood/Hollywood movie!)

Last edited:
I was not happy with how the RD case ended. I wanted him to return to the U.S. and for Pakistan to apply criminal charges in U.S. courts. I do not think RD could have avoided a trial. The payment of "blood money", however, eliminated that possibility as a second prosecution for the same event would have been double jeopardy.

Save it for the trial - or now, as seems more likely, the sensational escape of a slave-trading consul from the dedicated agents who would bring her to justice! (Soon to become a major Bollywood/Hollywood movie!)

Blood money?

Ok give that richard to us, we would kill her and be ready to give triple the blood money? deal?

and try to prosecute Devyani, then see how your diplomats are prosecuted in India as per Indian law.

If you have laws then we also have laws and I bet your laws will pale in front of Indian laws.

why do you think GOI has taken away the ID cards which give immunity to US consular people.:-):p:

So in other words, she should paid "blood money" for exploiting the maid. That way she can be released.

In essence the RD episode and payment of blood money proved that the Pakistan stance was right and in a way US respected the local law and got him out by following legal procedure and paying the blood money. So the same should be the case now and law should take it's course I think:)

There was no immunity and US basically dropped the stance and followed the blood money clause instead.

So in other words, she should paid "blood money" for exploiting the maid. That way she can be released.
She is in a kind of "jail" now, isn't she? - confined to the grounds of India's U.N. mission.

major focus of the incident was the U.S.'s assertion that Davis was protected under the principle of diplomatic immunity due to his role as an "administrative and technical official" attached to the Lahore consulate

Just like Lady worked in a Newyork counsel as an administrative and technical official.

Pakistani Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi stated that, according to official records and experts in the Foreign Office, Davis was "not a diplomat and cannot be given blanket diplomatic immunity";

Raymond davis was not a full diplomate to begin with. AMericans lied through their teeth and @Solomon2 is doing same here now declaring Raymond a full diplomate

In essence the RD episode and payment of blood money proved that the Pakistan stance was right and in a way US respected the local law and got him out by following legal procedure and paying the blood money. So the same should be the case now and law should take it's course I think:)

Indeed let the local laws deal with this situation.

Indeed let the local laws deal with this situation.

let the local laws (Indian laws) then deal with the US consular persons.

I am fine.:cheers:

If Devyani is prosecuted and jailed, US diplomat in India would be imprisoned. Offcourse US diplomats are no siants and they would have done numerous illegal things in India. So finding and applying rule of law on some US diplomat(s) wont be that big a problem for India. hee hee

There is no other point of taking away the immunity ID cards by GOI.

Fine with me. So nobody needs to complain whats happening now.

No we would complain as our diplomat is innocent and US is a big cheat and fraud. We would let the whole world know the double standards of US.

and when we have to put your diplomat in jail we would do that also.:sick:

(tihar jail would be perfect for US diplomats. Concrete beds. Rapists, murderers, drug peddlers cell would be fine. and using same washroom as 15 other people would be fun for the US diplomat and state department. lol lol)

Back
Top Bottom