India decides to fight back aggressive China

ROCKETRAJA

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
India
Published December 29, 2012 | By admin
SOURCE: TNN

Foreign minister Salman Khurshid held his first conversation with his Chinese counterpart Yang Jiechi only last week.National Security Advisor (NSA) Shivshankar Menon will once again host the outgoing state councillor Dai Bingguo in early January for a meeting of BRICS NSAs after having met him only a few weeks ago. The new year will also see a new Chinese ambassador in New Delhi in Wei Wei, a senior Chinese diplomat who will take over from Zhang Yan.

On the face of it, India and China have had a minimal-problem year. “Our aim is to have more interaction, more exchanges, to help us understand each other better,” said senior government sources. The past year has seen much greater communication between the two governments — India and China have started a dialogue on West Asia and Africa. A maritime dialogue and talks on central Asia are on the cards. At the top level, regular interaction between PM Manmohan Singh and both Hu Jintaoand Wen Jiabao has kept channels of communication open. Even the working group on the boundary has met twice this year, while Menon recently held the second meeting with Dai Bingguo on the dispute. The Chinese defence minister Gen Liang Guanglie made his first visit to India earlier this year, as did the Chinese commerce minister. Whether this has made for better ties is questionable, but it has certainly improved communication.

The complexity of the relationship is illustrated by the fact that while 2012 was the “year of friendship”, it was also the 50th anniversary of the humiliating 1962 war. As a consequence of the former, more Chinese visited India than ever before. But the latter date reminded every Indian that China is only growing as a military challenge. The collective breast beating in India over 1962 was not matched in China, but it served a useful purpose here: to focus attention on the military challenge of living next door to a budding superpower with weapons to match and a festering territorial dispute to solve.

China’s rapid military modernization is a challenge that could have been easier to deal with, but it is accompanied by an ascending aggressive posture by Beijing, particularly on territorial disputes, which is putting Indian military planners on edge. The brewing China-Japan conflict over the Senkaku/Diaoyu islands and the South China Sea dispute is being followed with some interest by Indian strategic planners. Besides, it is a great exhibition of Chinese war planning.

China has been steadily pushing the envelope on both conflicts. For instance, in recent weeks, China has flown surveillance planes over the Senkaku/Daioyu islands, declared that Hainan police would engage in search and seizure of vessels in the South China Sea. Beijing even printed its territorial claims on its new e-passports.

New Delhi’s response has been pro-active. India stamped its own map on top of China’s, while others have protested diplomatically. Defence sources have pointed out that China’s patrolling on the India boundary is equally aggressive, inching forward where they don’t encounter a pushback. This has compelled Indian forces to patrol equally aggressively on the border.

Despite a feel-good position on bilateral trade, there is no satisfaction on the ballooning trade deficit between the two countries. Bilateral trade has fallen 8% in the past year, a function of the slowing economic growth in both countries. But the trade deficit remains at a stubborn $40 billion. China’s leadership has repeatedly promised to open up their markets to Indian exports of software and pharmaceuticals, but there is nothing on the ground. “China’s greatest export to India is promises,” said officials involved in trade negotiations.

This year, India worked hard to counter China’s “string of pearls” working on relations with South Korea, Japan, Australia, Vietnam, Indonesia and Myanmar. In December, an India-ASEAN summit brought leaders of all 10 ASEAN nations to Delhi. India pushed the idea of ASEAN’s centrality and its unity — both of which are under threat because of Beijing’s disruptive moves in that part of the world. The success, or otherwise, of India’s efforts will only be visible a few years from now, but South Block has bought into the idea of a fight back.

Surely China is an agressive country. They are claiming everything they can around them. India needs to fight back economically and militarily not just with random agression on the borders. I am still hopefull of strong partnership btw India and china in the future.

Surely China is an agressive country. They are claiming everything they can around them. India needs to fight back economically and militarily not just with random agression on the borders. I am still hopefull of strong partnership btw India and china in the future.

there can be provocations and reciprocations but i dont see a war in near future. u.s,e.u,ASEAN,JAPAN,S.K,INDIA, are china's largest trade partners.china can not survive with out trade with those nations

But when it comes to Akshai Chin I think the Chinese deserve to have that territory and if India had made attempts to settle the border dispute, atleast peace would have been achieved in the Indo-China border. My belief is China started playing the Arunachal card pretty aggressively in the past few years to pressure India to come to a settlement with Akshai Chin. But India had taken a hawkish stance for the past few decades wrt China post 1961 war, there is point in dilly dallying on India's part in building its military might to counter China and forge strong friendships with the ASEAN countries, South Korea and Japan. There are plans to link North East India with different South East Asian countries and India needs to complete the task quickly and start to strengthen the trade relations with these countries. Likewise if a decision is made to enter SCS, so be it - act on it quickly and speed up the naval procurements.

waiting for another FINAL warning from a megaton chinese.

But when it comes to Akshai Chin I think the Chinese deserve to have that territory and if India had made attempts to settle the border dispute, atleast peace would have been achieved in the Indo-China border. My belief is China started playing the Arunachal card pretty aggressively in the past few years to pressure India to come to a settlement with Akshai Chin. But India had taken a hawkish stance for the past few decades wrt China post 1961 war, there is point in dilly dallying on India's part in building its military might to counter China and forge strong friendships with the ASEAN countries, South Korea and Japan. There are plans to link North East India with different South East Asian countries and India needs to complete the task quickly and start to strengthen the trade relations with these countries. Likewise if a decision is made to enter SCS, so be it - act on it quickly and speed up the naval procurements.

Does China have any rea factual claims to back up its hold of Akshai Chin, AP and Sikkim? Does it really? I mean Akshai Chin was given by Pakistan to China during the war. It is very strategic for China therefore it is in our best interest to keep a hold on it. Sikkim and AP, with regard to the McMahon Line well leave it to Democracy and ask the ppl to vote. Sikkim already has voted as they have become a state. AP as well. So why should play ball? To keep the peace? WHy? China is arming Pakistan to the teeth, so they don;t give a damn about our concerns. The Northeast and Southeast Asia should have connecting infrastructure, it will only help us in the long run. But we should be aware that Northeast Girls are in high demand in these counties for sex slavery since those repective countries have cracked down hard on that trade over there. They have shifted focus on India. India is a source, destination and transit point for this kind of "rape." The media and govt is only acting on that poor girl who was raped now after how many rapes went unnoticed? They knew, but they didn;t do ****. Not a single damn thing. At least Jaya Bachan made an effort though it was late. But better late than never. What bothers me is the govt is talking about justice for this girl only. What about the countless victims before and after? The laws have to change. What about sex trafficking? There is no voice for those poor girls. Is it a class issue? Is it because they are dirt poor? The govt only does a hald *** job to pacify us so they stay in power. They are looting us. They are incompetent. This is the 21 st century. When are ppl are able to do so well in any country, then there has to a REASON why India at the govt level is fuked up. In our heart, we all know what the f-king answer is.

more hype as usual, out numbered and out matched capability wise the IA will not be able to stop the PLA, India's ambitions to top china are rudimentary as of now their best bet is to solve issues diplomatically.

Does China have any rea factual claims to back up its hold of Akshai Chin, AP and Sikkim? Does it really? I mean Akshai Chin was given by Pakistan to China during the war. It is very strategic for China therefore it is in our best interest to keep a hold on it.

Let me give you a picture - Akshai Chin is not with India - it is with China now captured by China in 1961(this is apart from what Pakistan gave to China)

Mate - Looking back at the history, Akshai Chin was with China.
1865 - a civil servant called W.H. Johnson drew Johnson line which placed Akshai Chin under Kashmir and presented it to Maharaja of Kashmir(Kashmir was subservient to British at that time) and had to resign for his inaccuracies.
1897- British and China agreed upon what is called Macartney-Macdonald Line which placed Akshai Chin with China
1941 - British dusted and took the Johnson line placing Akshai Chin with Kashmir as China was weak at that time
1947 - Nehru stuck to Johnson line

So if you see, Akshai Chin was with Kashmir only for 6 years before independence. For India, that place is nothing. But for China, that provides access to West Tibet from Xin Jiang. So tell me who has better claim?

Sikkim and AP, with regard to the McMahon Line well leave it to Democracy and ask the ppl to vote. Sikkim already has voted as they have become a state. AP as well. So why should play ball? To keep the peace? WHy?

My belief as I mentioned before is China will agree for a settlement on AP(Sikkim is settled already), if Akshai Chin is given to China(which anyway is not with India) - This is because China started playing hardball with India regarding AP only in the last few years and many analysts feel it is to pressure India to come for a settlement with Akshai Chin. (ask for more and settle for less theory)

China is arming Pakistan to the teeth, so they don;t give a damn about our concerns. The Northeast and Southeast Asia should have connecting infrastructure, it will only help us in the long run. But we should be aware that Northeast Girls are in high demand in these counties for sex slavery since those repective countries have cracked down hard on that trade over there. They have shifted focus on India. India is a source, destination and transit point for this kind of "rape." The media and govt is only acting on that poor girl who was raped now after how many rapes went unnoticed? They knew, but they didn;t do ****. Not a single damn thing. At least Jaya Bachan made an effort though it was late. But better late than never. What bothers me is the govt is talking about justice for this girl only. What about the countless victims before and after? The laws have to change. What about sex trafficking? There is no voice for those poor girls. Is it a class issue? Is it because they are dirt poor? The govt only does a hald *** job to pacify us so they stay in power. They are looting us. They are incompetent. This is the 21 st century. When are ppl are able to do so well in any country, then there has to a REASON why India at the govt level is fuked up. In our heart, we all know what the f-king answer is.

Human trafficking is not an excuse not to link the SE Asia with NE India - It will only help the economy and whatever the poor girls plight will only improve if the NE India economically grows. As for China arming Pakistan, India should have realised that long time ago instead of thinking of taking on China(as I stated in the earlier post). So in short, arm arm arm and draw friendships with countries in SE Asia, Japan and Korea.

Let me give you a picture - Akshai Chin is not with India - it is with China now captured by China in 1961(this is apart from what Pakistan gave to China)

Mate - Looking back at the history, Akshai Chin was with China.
1865 - a civil servant called W.H. Johnson drew Johnson line which placed Akshai Chin under Kashmir and presented it to Maharaja of Kashmir(Kashmir was subservient to British at that time) and had to resign for his inaccuracies.
1897- British and China agreed upon what is called Macartney-Macdonald Line which placed Akshai Chin with China
1941 - British dusted and took the Johnson line placing Akshai Chin with Kashmir as China was weak at that time
1947 - Nehru stuck to Johnson line

So if you see, Akshai Chin was with Kashmir only for 6 years before independence. For India, that place is nothing. But for China, that provides access to West Tibet from Xin Jiang. So tell me who has better claim?

My belief as I mentioned before is China will agree for a settlement on AP(Sikkim is settled already), if Akshai Chin is given to China(which anyway is not with India) - This is because China started playing hardball with India regarding AP only in the last few years and many analysts feel it is to pressure India to come for a settlement with Akshai Chin. (ask for more and settle for less theory)

Human trafficking is not an excuse not to link the SE Asia with NE India - It will only help the economy and whatever the poor girls plight will only improve if the NE India economically grows. As for China arming Pakistan, India should have realised that long time ago instead of thinking of taking on China(as I stated in the earlier post). So in short, arm arm arm and draw friendships with countries in SE Asia, Japan and Korea.

Listen if you have a legit claim you don;t go to war for it. How far back you want to go back on these claims. Why go only 100 yrs why not 2000 yrs? its more favorable to us. Tibet wasn;t a part of China either but it is now. With all the facts you presented, you realize it was in India's possession though after Independence? Even if its just 6 yrs, it was in our possession. China can claim AP all it wants and what you stated is exactly what they are doing. In fact they are relying on that to work in their favor. Then we should claim Tibet or make the Dalai lama more of a public figure head in India. Like I said, China has been playing hardball but its not just about the borders, its a lot more that that. What you are saying is just to give in for the sake of it. Why? For peace? What is the guarantee?

Nobody is saying not to build the infrastruture between Southeast Asia and India, all Im saying is to make sure we tackle the problems that will surely arise from it. But how can we do that when the police wont even file FIRs regarding rape. How can we do that when sex slavery and trafficking goes on without a problem.

I think China should close its border with india and let indian burn from inside.

it is a loser nation with failed economy, it is now using this to fuel domestic nationalism.

so disguesting.

india should never exist in the first place, there was no "india" in human history.

such unified nation directly threat the interests of the people living in the land currently occupied by india. a far better solution is to divide india into 20-30 pieces and let them become independent nations.

funding those Maoist freedom fighters should become our national policy.

I think China should close its border with india and let indian burn from inside.

it is a loser nation with failed economy, it is now using this to fuel domestic nationalism.

so disguesting.

india should never exist in the first place, there was no "india" in human history.

such unified nation directly threat the interests of the people living in the land currently occupied by india. a far better solution is to divide india into 20-30 pieces and let them become independent nations.

You seem to be a terrorist sympathizer, members who support terrorism are supposed to be banned - reported.

so disguesting.

Stupid spineless Chinese boot licking idiot..get lost...

You pathetic chinese slaves need government sanction to have kids...I havent seen such pathetic slaves ever:rofl:

China forces woman into abortion at EIGHT months for breaching one-child policy | Mail Online

so disguesting.

Yeah there was an India in Human History. Under King Ashoka he united an India that stretched from Burma to Afghanistan.

Back
Top Bottom