What's new

India: Dark ages not yet over for women

Yes. they showed her on Iranian TV. I follow the Chinese developments, friend.

Also, the world's first female space tourist is an Iranian woman called Anoushe Ansari:

anousheh_ansari.jpg

Also, Iran has the world's highest female to male ratio of university students in the world as far as I know.

Bro abuse happens everywhere, EVEN IRAN.

But I do think that Iran overall is very progressive when it comes to women's rights.

We are the only Muslim country to have had a female Prime Minister we are also the Muslim]country that has the most female politician spots, Pakistan ranks top in thr Muslim world when it comes to giving female rights

Not really. Unfortunately.
Pakistan:
Youth (15-24 years) literacy rate (%), 2005-2010*, male: 79
Youth (15-24 years) literacy rate (%), 2005-2010*, female: 61

39% of young Pakistani girls can't even read or write their names.
UNICEF - Pakistan - Statistics

Let's not talk about abuse of women in Pakistan and other ugly issues.

Iran:
Youth (15-24 years) literacy rate (%), 2005-2010*, male: 99
Youth (15-24 years) literacy rate (%), 2005-2010*, female: 99

UNICEF - Iran, Islamic Republic of - Statistics

*WARNING: I don't post this to start a dick measuring contest. I'm just stating a fact to that Salman guy. Of course Iran has many weak points in women issues, like all Islamic countries, but it's not like what Salman wants to claim.

Bro abuse happens everywhere, EVEN IRAN.

But I do think that Iran overall is very progressive when it comes to women's rights.

Of course baradar. I don't deny that. Of course it happens in Iran as well, especially in poor areas, but that Salman guy meant something else. He was trying to demonize Iran when he lives in one of the worst places in the world when it comes to women rights. Probably the worst place on the world.

Beating the wife in India can destine a man to jail.

The OP needs to realize that one cannot be judging the whole of India with a few incidents. The truth of the matter is women in general are treated poorly and men that raise their hands against women are generally weak pathetic worms that are an embarrassment to whichever society they come from. I know the amnesty international group logs women's abuse throughout the world and certainly India are not exclusive to this fact.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom