What's new

India creates 60 – 170 km Pragati – Surface to Surface Tactical Missile System

why not?
With a little modification a nuke missile can be converted in conventional one.
It proves nothing, and in thread nobody has mention either it can or can not carry nukes, so the question remains fair and square.

actually,it can't carry nukes as it is for export.no nuke capable missiles ever exported to another country,not by any legal means,apart from lease of Trident Missiles by USA to Britain.

India's ATACMS type.. performing a very similar role. Funny how manufacturers use euphemistic technical terms such as Aerodynamic control or electro mechanical to try and disguise the simple usage of its control surfaces via servos for flight control.

thats true.but Prahaar is India's ATACMS,this one is for export.

actually,it can't carry nukes as it is for export.no nuke capable missiles ever exported to another country,not by any legal means,apart from lease of Trident Missiles by USA to Britain.
Like i said with little modification. The export version may not be customized for Nuke strike but those which will be with Indian Army may be used for it.

Like i said with little modification. The export version may not be customized for Nuke strike but those which will be with Indian Army may be used for it.

that'll be called Prahaar.DRDO was saying that it can't carry nukes.but some speculation is that it can,no solid proof though,just speculation.but as this missiles are made for IA Artillery Division,most probably it'll not.

that'll be called Prahaar.DRDO was saying that it can't carry nukes.but some speculation is that it can,no solid proof though,just speculation.but as this missiles are made for IA Artillery Division,most probably it'll not.
In military projects lot of things r kept hidden to surprise enemy, If the speculations r there then they should be believed and i was rather talking abt this missile for a tactical nuclear strike it can be used. After all it requires a little modification thats all! And our missiles like Nasr's conventional variants r also used by our Arty divisions.

In military projects lot of things r kept hidden to surprise enemy, If the speculations r there then they should be believed and i was rather talking abt this missile for a tactical nuclear strike it can be used. After all it requires a little modification thats all! And our missiles like Nasr's conventional variants r also used by our Arty divisions.

if we talk on proofs in hand,it can't.Nukes are SFC's domain,not Indian Army's Arty Division's.

So r in pak dude its Special Plans Division (SPD) who controls nukes in our Country.

then its SPD which will handle Nasr,aint it??for India,SFC handles all the nuke capable missiles.as Prahaar is made for Arty purpose of IA and IAF,I don't think thats nuke capable.major modifications might make them nuke capable,but until Prahaar is aimed to replace Prithvi in that role,thats aint going to happen.

then its SPD which will handle Nasr,aint it??for India,SFC handles all the nuke capable missiles.as Prahaar is made for Arty purpose of IA and IAF,I don't think thats nuke capable.major modifications might make them nuke capable,but until Prahaar is aimed to replace Prithvi in that role,thats aint going to happen.
O Lallay........thats what im saying yr SFC system is actually based on basic concepts behind developing SPD....Nasr can carry nukes as well as conventional HE warheads... Its and our other battlefield Missile missiles r used by Army's Arty Divisions with a special name forgot that. But nuke varients r under the control and Command of SPD.

india-develops-new-tactical-missile-pragati.jpg

India has developed a new tactical surface-to-surface missile ’Pragati’ with a range between 60-170 km and will offer it to friendly countries. The new missile, now on display at a defence exhibition in South Korea, is based on the Prahaar missile developed by theDRDO for the Army and can be termed as its export variant with minor differences, a DRDO official said.

The government has approved that it may be offered to friendly countries if anyone shows interest in it, he said. The missile is the main exhibit of the DRDO which is showcasing an array of indigenousweapons at the Seoul International Aerospace and Defense Exhibition (ADEX 2013).This is the first time ever that an array of latest defence equipment developed by the DRDO, will be unveiled internationally at such a scale. DRDO chief Avinash Chander is leading the Indian delegation at the show.

“DRDO is showcasing ‘Pragati’ tactical missile, ‘Akash’ missile system and ‘Tejas’ LCA and its variants. Explosive Detection Kit developed by the DRDO and recently launched in the US will be yet another key exhibit,” a release by the Indian embassy in South Korea said.

The LCA is a long-delayed project of the DRDO which is yet to be completed and the aircraft not been inducted by the IAF so far.

ADEX 2013 is expected to host more than 300 companies from 33 countries. DRDO’s participation also commemorates the 40th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between India and South Korea.

http://idrw.org/?p=28749

Last edited:
Not exactly, few hundred sq mean a lot to us.

Don't know about Pakistani generals, but I hardly think they will drop anything Nuclear in Indian territory.

And I think the Indian commanders will be a bit more sensible than the Armchair warriors.

That being said, the last thing Pakistan needs is a confrontation with India. You guys have Taliban to deal with. And they are worse than India.

Back
Top Bottom