What's new

India close to sealing Rs 23,000 crore lease deal for Russian N-sub

Proverbial post.

No one gives ToT on nuke subs even for money. Russia is the only one which helps India.

This what many do not understand or pretend not to understand.

This includes ToT for the indigenous nuke sub program.

No one is going to question or explain classified strategic programs.

No ToT on nuke subs. It is not legally allowed.
Its not a proverb if it is than what that means?.....

better late than never.

Honestly speaking... it could be a cover up deal... I cannot find any other sane reason...
Russia has provided some really high end tech for arihant too... and price of Vikramaditya was ballooned...

I could be wrong in saying that this is happening for the first time... but Indian government is approaching several foreign universities to collaborate with Indian Universities for R&D and to bring culture of innovation in Indian Universities...

Last edited:
Honestly speaking... it could be a cover up deal... I cannot find any other sane reason...
Russia has provided some really high end tech for arihant too... and price of Vikramaditya was ballooned...

Government is not insane. This deal was supposed to have been closed along with S-400 deal in 2015 but got delayed for 3 years.

@SuvarnaTeja

India and Russia are discussing to co-develop some next gen armaments...
My wild guess, FMBT---Armata... or back channel payment for Su-57 program... India is still interested in the program... specially the weapon package and avionics developed for Su-57...

Lots of IFs and BUTs...

3 billion$ invested in an indigenous program would have been a game changer, alas, some navy officers is getting fat.

I fully agree with you. However, as mentioned in Article, INS chakra was leased for 2.5 bn USD in 2011. So far as I remember, it was a 1 bn USD deal and not 2.5 bn USD deal. if we have paid 3.3 bn USD for one boomer, I am sure that many technology transfer is a part of the deal.

@SuvarnaTeja

India and Russia are discussing to co-develop some next gen armaments...
My wild guess, FMBT---Armata... or back channel payment for Su-57 program... India is still interested in the program... specially the weapon package and avionics developed for Su-57...

Lots of IFs and BUTs...

There is no reason to cover FMBT/Armata and SU-57 deals under this deal.

SU-57 will happen when it matures with Item-30.

Its not a proverb if it is than what that means?.....

Its a proverb used as pronoun.:D

Proverbial post.

No one gives ToT on nuke subs even for money. Russia is the only one which helps India.

This what many do not understand or pretend not to understand.

This includes ToT for the indigenous nuke sub program.

No one is going to question or explain classified strategic programs.

No ToT on nuke subs. It is not legally allowed.
Decades of Russian 'ToT', what has that taught you? :lol:. Instead of expecting someone to spoonfeed you, might as well do some hardwork reversing and absorbing the technology, you will learn more rather than spoonfeeding.

Decades of Russian 'ToT', what has that taught you? :lol:. Instead of expecting someone to spoonfeed you, might as well do some hardwork reversing and absorbing the technology, you will learn more rather than spoonfeeding.

Reverse engineering is not a piece of cake that everyone can do. You need to have good local manufacturing industry for reverse engineering which India currently lacks. Hence ToT is the only option until we catch up.

3 billion$ invested in an indigenous program would have been a game changer, alas, some navy officers is getting fat.
We already have an ongoing project for development of 6 SSNs in next 10-15 yrs. We have been leasing Russian N-Subs since 80's to train our crew for operating indigenous N-Subs which are under construction. $3b may also include cost for Russia assistance for SSN designing and construction.

Back
Top Bottom