What's new

India Chooses ' Barfi !' for Oscars Foreign-Language Entry

Good movie...But i guess the movie wont win any awards...Nomination is good enuf....

Why not Gangs of wayssepur .... I really liked that movie ...but still better than the previous sent movies

Damn, they shoulda sent Kya Supercool Hain Hum !!! That is a movie that has multiple latent interpretations in almost every line of its script ; Sheer genius from the Writer !!!

Indian movies will never win oscars. Surreal movies win not escapist films. Audiences in the west want to watch movies that describe the human condition. Indian films are an escape from reality for the poor, not some deep philosophical view on humanity.

Sending is one thing and winning is others. Few scenes in film are lifted frame by frame from Charlie Chaplin's movies like Ladder on wall, Door moving and hitting Saurabh Shukla etc. These act thumbs down the credibility of Director and Movie. No chance of winning.

I can't believe we Indians are so dumb, sending movies we copy from Hollywood for Oscars of all places :hang2: Bunch of idiots we are... Oscar gaya tel lene...

Last edited by a moderator:
Total Piece of Crap I watched it this weekend.....what a stupid movie. What is so special in this movie.....BS story and BS drama.....Actually the movie is not Barfi its Murphy........you know what I mean :).

They could have chosen a better title for the movie, "barfi" sounds like a movie about a dog with serious vomiting problems...

Barfi :smitten::smitten:
Mawa%20Burfi.jpg

Indian movies will never win oscars. Surreal movies win not escapist films. Audiences in the west want to watch movies that describe the human condition. Indian films are an escape from reality for the poor, not some deep philosophical view on humanity.

True...if India has to send films to Oscars it should be in the lines of Slumdog Millionare, nothing else.Like how dare we show the beautiful clean hill sides of Darjeeling and smiling well off people and not the $hit, desperation and gloominess of Mumbai slums.

Back
Top Bottom