What's new

India-China trade goes up to over $67 bn in first half of 2022

India-China trade goes up to over $67 bn in first half of 2022​

The India-China trade is on course to cross USD 100 billion for the second consecutive year as it has gone up to USD 67.08 billion in the first half of this year amid a big surge of Chinese exports​

Topics
India china trade | India China relations | Trade talks
Press Trust of India | Beijing Last Updated at July 13, 2022 23:18 IST

Follow us on
Tiny URLAdd to My PagePrint Email

indian economy, exports, imports, trade deficit

Representative Image

The India-China trade is on course to cross USD 100 billion for the second consecutive year as it has gone up to USD 67.08 billion in the first half of this year amid a big surge of Chinese exports, official trade data released here said on Wednesday.
China's exports to India have gone up to USD 57.51 billion, up by 34.5 per cent last year while Indian exports to China fell to USD 9.57 billion, a decline of 35.3 per cent compared to last year, according to the trade data released by China's General Administration of Customs (GAC).
The trade deficit at the half-year mark stood at USD 47.94 billion.
Last year, the India-China bilateral trade hit a record high of over USD 125 billion crossing the USD 100 billion mark in a year when the relations touched a new low due to standoff by the militaries in Eastern Ladakh.
China's exports to India last year went up by 46.2 per cent to USD 97.52 billion while India's exports to China grew by 34.2 per cent to USD 28.14 billion.
The trade deficit for India grew by USD 69.38 billion in 2021.
In May, China insisted that it is still India's biggest trade partner in 2021-22 as per its figures, referring to reports that the US has unseated it to take the top slot and attributed the disparity to different methods of calculating the trade volume by New Delhi and Beijing.
"According to the statistics of Chinese competent authorities, bilateral trade volume between China and India stood at USD 125.66 billion in 2021," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian told a media briefing when asked about reports of the US overtaking China to become the largest trade partner of India in 2021-22.
"China remains the largest trade partner of India and for the first time the bilateral trade exceeded USD 100 billion in 2021," Zhao said.
"The disparity in trade figures published by China and India is a result of different statistical measurement scales," he said.
Overall, China's foreign trade of goods jumped 9.4 per cent year-on-year to 19.8 trillion yuan (about USD 2.94 trillion) during the first half of the year, according to GAC data.

There are indeed racists in China. However, Chinese racists at most ridicule Indian IQ and Indian body odor, and will never joke by Indian women.

I know that women have a low status in India, but in China, women have a high status.

You have already negated u'r point about mocking Indian women by claiming they have "low status" in India.

Its called an "Irony" , very common with chinese posters.

Second, if women really had high status in china, you would not be making such a claim.

Claims are only made when something is untrue and you want to make it sound true.

Indian Law give absolute power to women and Indian society have a 12 day festivals twice a year to worship women.

India is the only culture to have Female gods and worship female form as divine.

The three major branch's in Hinduism is Shivites, Vaishnavites and Shakta. Where Shakta worship women and the female energy.

Women empowerment comes from Economic empowerment, not due to the "grace" of chinese men. Its only because the economy is now more digital women have found equal voice and status.

As for your cultural treatment of women,

You have already negated u'r point about mocking Indian women by claiming they have "low status" in India.

Its called an "Irony" , very common with chinese posters.

Second, if women really had high status in china, you would not be making such a claim.

Claims are only made when something is untrue and you want to make it sound true.

Indian Law give absolute power to women and Indian society have a 12 day festivals twice a year to worship women.

India is the only culture to have Female gods and worship female form as divine.

The three major branch's in Hinduism is Shivites, Vaishnavites and Shakta. Where Shakta worship women and the female energy.

Women empowerment comes from Economic empowerment, not due to the "grace" of chinese men. Its only because the economy is now more digital women have found equal voice and status.

As for your cultural treatment of women,

Indians should first solve the problems of rape, honor murder, widow self Immolation, and then discuss the status of women with us.

I don't want to discuss Indian child marriage, burning women, pheasant prostitutes, etc. At least you need to be able to do that women can go shopping safely in bikini at night.

I'm not interested in watching YouTube videos made by Indians. I tell you that Chinese women have a high status, so it must be true. I don't like lying, and Indians don't deserve me to lie. Believe me or not, it's your own business, I don't care.

Last edited:
Indians should first solve the problems of rape, honor murder, widow self Immolation, and then discuss the status of women with us.

I don't want to discuss Indian child marriage, burning women, pheasant prostitutes, etc. At least you need to be able to do that women can go shopping safely in bikini at night.

I'm not interested in watching YouTube videos made by Indians. I tell you that Chinese women have a high status, so it must be true. I don't like lying, and Indians don't deserve me to lie. Believe me or not, it's your own business, I don't care.

All those cases are one fourth of what happens in china and you know it in your heart.

Women going out safely at night is a LAW AND ORER issue, not a "respect of women" issue.

China is a police state, India is not.

Chinese posters come to pdf to lie. They get paid to do that. This is common knowledge by now. So spare us the protests.

There are indeed racists in China. However, Chinese racists at most ridicule Indian IQ and Indian body odor, and will never joke by Indian women.

I know that women have a low status in India, but in China, women have a high status.
Please I have seen you lot joke about Vietnamese women, calling them whores etc. Chinese are the most vile, hate spewing, disgusting creatures to ever grace the internet and it can be seen everywhere. This forum, other defence forums, YouTube, Reddit, Twitter etc.

It's a good thing you've wanted yourselves off virtually, otherwise who knows how much more racism we'd have on the internet.

All those cases are one fourth of what happens in china and you know it in your heart.

Women going out safely at night is a LAW AND ORER issue, not a "respect of women" issue.

China is a police state, India is not.

Chinese posters come to pdf to lie. They get paid to do that. This is common knowledge by now. So spare us the protests.
India is a slum*

I don't see how Indian or Chinese women are related to trade relations.

Please I have seen you lot joke about Vietnamese women, calling them whores etc. Chinese are the most vile, hate spewing, disgusting creatures to ever grace the internet and it can be seen everywhere. This forum, other defence forums, YouTube, Reddit etc.
Vietnamese trafficking their women to China has always been a very real and serious social problem.

China is a country that strictly controls immigration, because the Vietnamese govt refuses to hand over the data of these women who have been smuggled into China to China, so the Chinese govt has been unable to deal with this problem (Vietnamese people are very similar to Chinese people, and we can't find them).

More than 100000 Vietnamese women are now illegally staying in China. Of course we will blame the Vietnamese.

Unless the Vietnamese govt hands over the information of these women, this accusation will not stop.

BTW: We accuse the Vietnamese of transporting illegal immigrants to us and the uncooperative attitude of the Vietnamese govt. However, Vietnamese netizens believe that we are humiliating Vietnamese women by raising this question.

Please I have seen you lot joke about Vietnamese women, calling them whores etc. Chinese are the most vile, hate spewing, disgusting creatures to ever grace the internet and it can be seen everywhere. This forum, other defence forums, YouTube, Reddit, Twitter etc.

It's a good thing you've wanted yourselves off virtually, otherwise who knows how much more racism we'd have on the internet.

They are among the MOST racists people I have encountered in my life.

Its beyond vile. Their entire "civilization" is a parody of all that is wrong with the world.

Vietnamese trafficking their women to China has always been a very real and serious social problem.

China is a country that strictly controls immigration, because the Vietnamese govt refuses to hand over the data of these women who have been smuggled into China to China, so the Chinese govt has been unable to deal with this problem (Vietnamese people are very similar to Chinese people, and we can't find them).

More than 100000 Vietnamese women are now illegally staying in China. Of course we will blame the Vietnamese.

Unless the Vietnamese govt hands over the information of these women, this accusation will not stop.

This is good. The more we buy Chinese goods, the more Chinese are employed - thus preventing more Chinese from coming to India as either refugees or as illegal immigrants engaged in criminal acts.

Are you really Chinese?

Even during the gallewan incident, I have never seen Chinese netizens make such extreme remarks.

Moreover, trafficking in human beings is a felony in China, which can be sentenced to death at most.
I found his comment funny. :lol:

Then you've not met me or @Lü Bu :lol:

This is good. The more we buy Chinese goods, the more Chinese are employed - thus preventing more Chinese from coming to India as either refugees or as illegal immigrants engaged in criminal acts.
RIP Logic, we need to start manufacturing things in India. We need to reduce our trade surplus with China. With such a huge population and also high unemployment I am not sure why are we not able to reduce the trade surplus?

Most probably it's the manufacturing ecosystem issue, will love to understand it in detail, can someone from China or India explain why India can not start manufacturing stuff and reduce imports and increase exports?

RIP Logic, we need to start manufacturing things in India. We need to reduce our trade surplus with China. With such a huge population and also high unemployment I am not sure why are we not able to reduce the trade surplus?

Most probably it's the manufacturing ecosystem issue, will love to understand it in detail, can someone from China or India explain why India can not start manufacturing stuff and reduce imports and increase exports?

Labour laws. Land acquisition laws. Unions. Infrastructure. Independent judiciary. Forest clearances. NGOs. Take your pick.

Labour laws. Land acquisition laws. Unions. Infrastructure. Independent judiciary. Forest clearances. NGOs. Take your pick.
I don't think this is it. Maybe Land acquisition laws. But Unions? Labour Laws? Judiciary? I don't think so. I will need to research deeper on this. Can't be too complicated.

Back
Top Bottom