What's new

India chief inaugurates IPKF war memorial

Gibbs

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Southern Command chief inaugurates IPKF war memorial - The Times of India

PUNE: An Indian Peace Keeping Force (IPKF)war memorial was inaugurated at a somber ceremony at the Sudarshan Chakra corps in Bhopal by Lt Gen Ashok Singh, General Officer Commanding-in- Chief of the Southern Command, which is headquartered in Pune. The names of 1,200 martyrs who laid their lives in the service to the nation are inscribed at the war memorial.

The IPKF was the Indian Armed Forcescontingent which undertook peace keeping operations in the island country of Sri Lanka between 1987 and 1990. It was formed under the mandate of the Indo-Sri Lanka accord signed between the two friendly neighbouring countries in 1987.

The aim of IPKF was to oversee the end of the civil war in Sri Lanka. Apart from the Indian Army there was substantial commitment from the Indian Air Force and Indian Navy as well.

Lt Gen Amit Sharma, General Officer Commanding of Sudarshan Chakra corps welcomed the veterans of IPKF which included Lt Gen (Retired) AS Kalkat who Commanded the force in Sri Lanka, to the inaugural ceremony.

Speaking at the ceremony, Singh paid glowing tributes to the valiant martyrs of the IPKF, who made the supreme sacrifice to serve India. He exhorted all soldiers of the Southern Command to emulate the glowing example set by the departed souls and stand firm in their resolve in service to the motherland and continue to perform their duties with utmost zeal and dedication.

All the while so called Indians down south is turning TN up side down to release their heroes from prison contravening even the supreme court.. The same foreign terrorists from the organization responsible for killing these soldiers and their PM.. Oh the irony that is India..:sarcastic:

You really don't have a clue on whats going on.....do you ? :lol:

Much more than you do.. Oh yeah it's all a political drama because of the up coming elections.. Blah blah blah
Just wait for the grand unveiling of Prabhakaran's statue in the middle of Madras.. :lol:

Go down there and see for your self.. :enjoy:

OH no..i thought your esteemed self had more knowledge about South India than myself..so please explain..
LTTE got wiped out because India helped you , not entirly your own effort as your "Delusions of Grandeur" would like to believe :pleasantry:. SO yea India made LTTE, Broke LTTE on its own whims not because of Sri Lanka.. :sarcastic:

OH no..i thought your esteemed self had more knowledge about South India than myself..so please explain..
LTTE got wiped out because India helped you , not entirly your own effort as your "Delusions of Grandeur" would like to believe :pleasantry:. SO yea India made LTTE, Broke LTTE on its own whims not because of Sri Lanka.. :sarcastic:

Yeah and got her PM and 1800 others butchered along the way.. Awesome India!!

Btw if you take your inflated head out of your arse nobody denied Central Indian help in the last staged of the war.. Just that your Tamil Nadu brothers are going ape shit over that..:haha:

'
Yeah and got her PM and 1800 others butchered along the way.. Awesome India!!

Btw if you take your inflated head out of your arse nobody denied Central Indian help in the last staged of the war.. Just that your southern brothers are going ape shit over that..:haha:

Maybe you should also laugh at the 100k civilian causalities figure , 21,066 Sri Lankan soldiers, 1000 Sri Lankan police :rolleyes: . maybe that will bring down your inflated Ego ..:disagree: .. Our southern brothers are just upset that your northern brothers and sisters are being systematically raped and murdered by your esteemed army..

Hes just here to Troll,,,

Just a Chutyapa,,,,Dont waste ur time . tc

lol..its fun making riling them up on their own thread :lol:

'

Maybe you should also laugh at the 100k civilian causalities figure , 21,066 Sri Lankan soldiers, 1000 Sri Lankan police :rolleyes: . maybe that will bring down your inflated Ego ..:disagree: .. Our southern brothers are just upset that your northern brothers and sisters are being systematically raped and murdered by your esteemed army..

Nah we got them back with errands.. now just laying back and enjoying all the histrionics, With glee.. what more fun than seeing stupid Madrasi's bashing each other.. :sarcastic:

lol..its fun making riling them up on their own thread :lol:

Pffft.. Try harder

Nah we got them back with errands.. now just laying back and enjoying all the histrionics, With glee.. what more fun than seeing stupid Madrasi's bashing each other.. :sarcastic:

Aww..did i blow your inflated balloon that you had to make a racial post :disagree: ... Post reported . The General who won the war for you was kicked out like the dog who got kicked of the porch and you are talking about India:lol: . Indians at least respect their fallen. you on the other hand

Pffft.. Try harder

You might start crying :lol:

Aww..did i blow your inflated balloon that you had to make a racial post :disagree: ... Post reported . The General who won the war for you was kicked out like the dog who got kicked of the porch and you are talking about India:lol: . Indians at least respect their fallen. you on the other hand

Stop whinging bub.. Where is the racist post ?? Yeah they respect their fallen, Like when the IPKF returned home they were met with rotten eggs in Madras.. :sarcastic:

You might start crying :lol:

Now that is a prime example of delusions of grandeur.. Try harder still

Stop whinging bub.. Where is the racist post ?? Yeah they respect their fallen, Like when the IPKF returned home they were met with rotten eggs in Madras.. :sarcastic:

Oh wow....you are going really low dude...i don't have the habit of disrespecting and throwing mud at another countries army or security force and i wont do it on SriLankan army . maybe later on you can re read your posts and feel Ashamed of yourself ..

Racists attack, throwing mud on another army who actually came on your countries request... wow :disagree: . Thanks for going full retard ..

Oh wow....you are going really low dude...i don't have the habit of disrespecting and throwing mud at another countries army or security force and i wont do it on SriLankan army . maybe later on you can re read your posts and feel Ashamed of yourself ..

Racists attack, throwing mud on another army who actually came on your countries request... wow :disagree: . Thanks for going full retard ..

Where did i disrespect the Indian army ? I was merely showing the irony of the "Love" shown to them by your own countrymen.. Stop twisting the tail.. People like you just cant handle the truth even if it hits smack right in the middle of your sorry face..
It's you who threw alleged BS about SLA

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom