What's new

India can offer world its cultural tolerance: Saraswat---Business Standard

So what??He may be the PM but he ain't the be all end all type of a figure,that's not how things work in this country.

Since Modi is an elected PM of the "Largest Democracy" in the world, and he is a RSS member, you do have to treat RSS' agenda seriously. It affects 1/6 of humanity and beyond.

Since Modi is an elected PM of the "Largest Democracy" in the world, and he is a RSS member, you do have to treat RSS' agenda seriously. It affects 1/6 of humanity and beyond.

Modi being elected as the PM had nothing to do with his allegiance with the RSS!!He was elected because of his superior managerial skills,leadership abilities and his zeal to see something through as compared to that of his immediate opponent,namely Rahul Gandhi aka Pappu baba,who is a complete moron by the way,totally devoid of any leadership skills.Basically,Modi was the only choice the voters had in front of them.

let us remember that this idiot fellow, saraswat, was formerly the chief of drdo and had declared this in 2010 ( Saraswat: DRDO working on India's own computer operating system - The Hindu ).

it is 2015 and that operating system is yet not developed.

maybe saraswat is waiting for his rss scientists to create a vedic operating system. ;)

I was wondering if he is the same person! For all he said about India's prowess in weapon programs, I was wondering how in the world such a person can be the head of one of the most important government organizations in India. Now this!

I was wondering if he is the same person! For all he said about India's prowess in weapon programs, I was wondering how in the world such a person can be the head of one of the most important government organization in India.

yes, it is sad really that reactionaries like him have been part of or even headed such major organizations... it is all becoming clear because of the bjp's victory last year attracting such people or they being put into high positions by bjp.

i am sure isro space agency's heavily-temple-going chief will also join bjp at some point or allow himself to be put into some high position.

i think the progressive people in india's government departments are becoming less... i know one such person who was in a senior post... he is quite unlike those like saraswat.

Enough Tolerance. Kill them all.
latest

yes, it is sad really that reactionaries like him have been part of or even headed such major organizations... it is all becoming clear because of the bjp's victory last year attracting such people or they being put into high positions by bjp.

i am sure isro space agency's heavily-temple-going chief will also join bjp at some point or allow himself to be put into some high position.

i think the progressive people in india's government departments are becoming less... i know one such person who was in a senior post... he is quite unlike those like saraswat.

That is why I have been saying, India is on the wrong track. A 21th century progressive India should not go back into the past.

Tolerance and india in one sentence? that has the be the biggest lie of the century

India can offer world its cultural tolerance: Saraswat
Press Trust of India | Nagpur October 22, 2015 Last Updated at 14:57 IST

22-1445512158-vksaraswat.jpg

Amid incidents like Dadri lynching sparking outrage in cultural sphere and several writers returning awards, Niti Ayog member Vijay Saraswat, sharing the RSS platform, today said India could offer to the world its cultural tolerance.

"India can offer to world its cultural tolerance and the ideal of life dedicated to duty," said Saraswat, who was the chief guest at the annual RSS Dussehra rally here.

He said that "Bharatiyata" (Indianess) sees life in an integrated manner as conspetualised by the late Jan Sangh ideologue Deen Dayal Upadhyaya.

"Deen Dayal Upadhyaya conceptualised Bharatiyata, which means culture, which unlike western thoughts sees life as an integrated whole," the former DRDO chief said.

Dwelling on development issues, he said the building block of the country's transformation is "empowerment of masses from poverty through strong imperatives for jobs, growth and effective basic services," he said.

He said the country's human development indicators suggest more widespread deprivation in terms of quality of life and access to basic service.

About 680 million Indians cannot meet their essential needs, 50 per cent of public spending on basic services does not reach the people, 46 per cent of basic services are not within reach of the average household, he highlighted.

About 580 million people can be economically empowered by 2022, he said.

On requirements over the next decade, the Niti Ayog member said 115 million additional non-farm jobs are needed over next 10 years, 70 per cent increase needed in agricultural yields, 50 per cent of public social spending is needed for health care, water and sanitation, up from 20 per cent today.

Referring to the Empowerment Line, a new measure of the consumption required for an average Indian to fulfil eight basic needs: food, energy, housing, drinking water, sanitation, healthcare, education, and social security, he said 2,100 (urban) or 2,400 (rural) calories consumption, including 60 grams protein and 40 grams fat per capita per day are needed.

He also emphasised on access to clean cooking fuel and electricity, acceptable housing, proper piped water supply, proper sanitary latrines in rural households and underground sewerage with waste water treatment in urban households are required, he said.

Since majority of our population lives in villages and life support system is agri-based, we need to concentrate on agriculture for crossing the empowerment line, he said.

India can offer world its cultural tolerance: Saraswat | Business Standard News

Only Indian can have such balls to troll...Indian tolerance is blown to bits...when people look at ground reality!

Tolerance and india in one sentence? that has the be the biggest lie of the century

We don't know what is in this former DRDO chief scientist's mind. There must be some Indian logic behind it that the rest of the world can't comprehend.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom