What's new

‘India can defend its satellites'

India is already under sanction for last twelve years since Pokhran test but did that blocked our space and nuclear programmes? NO.
It is because of this reason that no more test were conducted. These sanctions definitely crippled us especially in case of LCA. The LCA team had to pack there clothes and were asked to leave US in the middle of the night. They had tie up with LM (i am not sure). They were not even allowed to take their equipments.

Testing an ASAT might raise a lot of actions at this time especially when we are getting a free pass in NSG. We are getting out of the restriction and entering into the era of global collaboration which will definitely help our defense and aerospace industries. Its not the time for us to act reckless.

The only thing that I fear is, whether this time again DRDO is getting over-confident and without understanding the complexity of the project, claiming something they cannot achieve. I hope i am wrong....

It is because of this reason that no more test were conducted.

India was already under sanction, so what? What if more nuclear tests?

These sanctions definitely crippled us especially in case of LCA. The LCA team had to pack there clothes and were asked to leave US in the middle of the night. They had tie up with LM (i am not sure). They were not even allowed to take their equipments.

Thats why I am asking after that what more they can do?

Testing an ASAT might raise a lot of actions at this time especially when we are getting a free pass in NSG. We are getting out of the restriction and entering into the era of global collaboration which will definitely help our defense and aerospace industries. Its not the time for us to act reckless.

Testing an ASAT has nothing to do with entering NSG or anything else. And there is no question of any more sanctions! This is 2011 not 1998. Time has changed. Its not sanction that restricting India to go for a test. What is restring, I have already posted in my previous post.

The only thing that I fear is, whether this time again DRDO is getting over-confident and without understanding the complexity of the project, claiming something they cannot achieve. I hope i am wrong....

:disagree:

You are wrong. Do you think what you get, can't understood by the scientists of DRDO those making BMD, SLBM, ICBM etc!!! Because intercepting a ballistic missile in its terminal or midcourse is the toughest of all missile programmes. If DRDO can do it they can do ASAT a lot easier.

You are wrong. Do you think what you get, can't understood by the scientists of DRDO those making BMD, SLBM, ICBM etc!!!
Look man neither is the SLBM tested on a real submarine (although tested on the submerged pontoon) nor is the ICBM tested. Not to mention the recent failure of Agni II prime. I know we have now gained a lot of knowledge in the missile technology but missile technology is not that easy, failures always happens. Just look at Russia, who are faing a lot of problem in their recent missile program.

Testing an ASAT has nothing to do with entering NSG or anything else. And there is no question of any more sanctions!
This is not how things work. Even when we were passed the vote in NSG, there were many against us. It was US who forced all of them to vote, which US can not do all the time. Japan and Australia still has some reservations. One more nuclear test or a test like ASAT might impose sanction which might effect Indo-US nuclear deal, the sanction might also effect the the ongoing defense projects. Just imagine if the sanctions are made in between MMRCA.
If you dont believe me, just give me one reason why these people are bitching about ASAT from the last 2 years ?? If they have the technology they should test it why talk about it, just remember missile test fails all the time and not testing ASAT capability does not help at all because when needed it might not work.

Look man neither is the SLBM tested on a real submarine (although tested on the submerged pontoon) nor is the ICBM tested. Not to mention the recent failure of Agni II prime. I know we have now gained a lot of knowledge in the missile technology but missile technology is not that easy, failures always happens. Just look at Russia, who are faing a lot of problem in their recent missile program.

I know that missile test fails but we have both SLBM and ICBM technologies, you know that. We have capability to intercept ballistic missiles. What what it let you to think that DRDO don't understand what you easily got?? That is as you said, "complexity of the project" and "claiming something they cannot achieve". I want to know what DRDO did that you came to such conclusion?

This is not how things work. Even when we were passed the vote in NSG, there were many against us. It was US who forced all of them to vote, which US can not do all the time. Japan and Australia still has some reservations.

Nothing will happen if we test ASAT, they have their own business to do with India. Its a two way business.

One more nuclear test or a test like ASAT might impose sanction which might effect Indo-US nuclear deal, the sanction might also effect the the ongoing defense projects.

Testing nuke and ASAT are totally different things. Don't you see India openly saying that we got ASAT capabilities?

As I said Indo-US nuclear deal is not anything that they are doing any favor. India is a friendly country and its business. They are getting huge contracts from nuclear deals.

Just imagine if the sanctions are made in between MMRCA.
Simple, they will lost the deal.

If you dont believe me, just give me one reason why these people are bitching about ASAT from the last 2 years ?? If they have the technology they should test it why talk about it, just remember missile test fails all the time and not testing ASAT capability does not help at all because when needed it might not work.

Mind your language!

Its not about believing you but I have already stated why India not testing ASAT in my previous posts. here If having ASAT was like having nuke than they would not declare it instead test it like we did in 1998.

Why do you think so? Its is nothing like that!!! India can test ASAT anytime and no one can do anything or new sanctions. If India tests ASAT tomorrow, what signal will it give to rest of the world? Even US had to make a drama of non-functionality of a military satellite and its danger to human life. China wanted to do it in secret but thanks to NORAD, they couldn't and violate basic international understanding like Outer Space Treaty which signed by both China and India. If we test an ASAT this will spread another few thousands of satellite debris particles in the space. But India has a long standing policy of supporting peaceful use of outer space. So the ASATs should be ready for only when they are needed. Its nothing about sanction or anything else. India is already under sanction for last twelve years since Pokhran test but did that blocked our space and nuclear programmes? NO.

Yes they can place sanctions on ISRO,DRDO and other organisations on which the sanctions were only lifted after hectic diplomatic moves making these orgs accesible to the best of the best stuff which will obviously help us in maturing our own tech.

......And what were the effect of the sanctions --- projects that were scheduled to be finished years back were prolonged for years. And even then the sanctions are not only about weapons. It is about economy. Our economy needs to grow at the current pace for another 10 years atleast before we can call oourselves anything meaning superpower.

And this is the time we are potraying ourselves as a 'responsible' power in order to entry into exclusive clubs like P5, MTCR,NSG etc. Testing an ASAT now will have disastorous impact on all of these.

The solution is let the economy grow at this same pace without rocking the boat for another decade and then even if we do another nuke test no one will botherto do anything except some condemnations.

Testing an ASAT has nothing to do with entering NSG or anything else. And there is no question of any more sanctions! This is 2011 not 1998. Time has changed. Its not sanction that restricting India to go for a test. What is restring, I have already posted in my previous post.

Yes time has changed , But not enough.

We must let our economy grow at the same pace acting like 'responsible power' for atleast another decade and believe me after that no one will question us even if we conduct another Pokhran.

Yes, it (sanctions) are not the only thing restricting India --- but they are also one of the important reasons.

Back
Top Bottom